You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bubbleboy264

World of Loyangs...

50 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
403 posts
5,411 battles

Seriously, I’ve tried to get into ranked but it’s nothing but endless Loyang spam. There’s no variety, it’s so stale, just like the world of Belfast’s in the ranked season before last.  I hate this with premiums being better than tech tree counterparts (Belfast, Leningrad, loyang, de grasse, murmansk, Arizona... etc), it ruins game balance and screws over ranked. I also don’t get why the loyang gets German hydro but the z-23 doesn’t, but that’s another can of worms entirely.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Members
3,417 posts
8,276 battles

Deny them your essence. 

// Wow, someone clueless, uncultured nitwit child was triggered by my General Ripper reference (OP's avatar).  

Edited by lemekillmister
  • Bad 3

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,122 posts
4,270 battles

The Loyang isn't really that good anyway. But Alabama on the other hand, I don't mind see more on my team, including tirpitz. they can handle themselves in a fight

[RLGN]
Members
8,244 posts
17,255 battles
31 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

I hate this with premiums being better than tech tree counterparts

23 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I haven't really seen that many. But then I am not really playing much ranked either....

Killed every Lo Yang that tried to annoy me...

..but then I have confidence in my ability to use the tech tree ship I choose to use this season...

...Akizuki.

(Admittedly, I only played 10 games. At the same time; I never would have chosen to use Lo Yang anyway; I can't stand the thing.)

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
3,474 posts
5,733 battles

Lo Yang has too many drawbacks to be a "better in every way" premium. 

Lack of AA consumable, one turret short, lackluster torpedoes makes her quite vulnerable when doing anything else other than smoke+hydro camping in a cap. Use this to counter them wisely. 

[WOLF4]
Members
403 posts
5,411 battles
Just now, The_first_harbinger said:

Lo Yang has too many drawbacks to be a "better in every way" premium. 

Lack of AA consumable, one turret short, lackluster torpedoes makes her quite vulnerable when doing anything else other than smoke+hydro camping in a cap. Use this to counter them wisely. 

I never said better in every way, but the ship is definitely better than the regular pan Asian DD and still gives the benson a run for its money. It’s definitely not the most egregious example but still, it’s hydro is very annoying 

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,345 posts
9,536 battles

I was unimpressed with most of the Lo Yang's I came across. Don't have one myself, so I can't say if it's the ship or the operator.

[INTEL]
Members
8,577 posts
25,666 battles

The Pan-Asia DDs were a mistake. I am hoping that WG gets around to giving them useful torps like a real DD. Otherwise I regard them as food when I see them in a DD with useful torps. I hate seeing them on my team in Ranked.

The Ranked DD situation this year is quite interesting. Kag isn't as good, tier for tier, as Shira or Yug, and not useful in Ranked. Benson and Loyang are ok but the weak torps are a an issue. 

I think T8 was an excellent choice, with a wide range of ships, none of which has the all around dominance that the Winfast enjoyed in T7. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,581 battles

I'd say there's been like one in almost every one of the 15 games I've played... not enough for me to consider it "spam", but fairly prevalent. 

There's probably more North Carolinas if anything...

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,442 battles

Lo WHO????

pIbIbBQ.jpg

H7jahhM.jpg

Having a ball going from 18 to 11 now and never ONCE getting in my Yang... and it has a 27 point capt...
It is not at all impressive, and even LESS of a threat to me  in my Kiev of Akizuki... it is really nothing to fear...I am not sure what all this hype is, and I BARELY even see more than one in every battle if I even SEE one...

Edited by pmgaudio

[REVY]
Members
951 posts
7,510 battles

A ship is only as good as the captain that sails her.

yes, Lo yangs, Kidds, Alabamas, tirpitzs, etc are out there, but how well are they captained? You may not have been here when the Tirpitz was first released but it was amazing how many people derpped in her.

I consider myself. BB main, yet I am doing well in both the benson, and Kidd despite the radar, hydro and CVs.. I have taken my Lo yang out, but not as much as my benson. Benson just got me the tech tree fletcher. 

Edited by Lord_Slayer
  • Cool 2

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,067 posts
14,462 battles
14 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

The Pan-Asia DDs were a mistake. I am hoping that WG gets around to giving them useful torps like a real DD. Otherwise I regard them as food when I see them in a DD with useful torps. I hate seeing them on my team in Ranked.

The Ranked DD situation this year is quite interesting. Kag isn't as good, tier for tier, as Shira or Yug, and not useful in Ranked. Benson and Loyang are ok but the weak torps are a an issue. 

I think T8 was an excellent choice, with a wide range of ships, none of which has the all around dominance that the Winfast enjoyed in T7. 

The Tier VIII PADD isn't all that.  But when you look up how IX Chung Mu and X Yueyang are doing...  Of course, that's excluding Ranked.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
3,417 posts
8,276 battles
Just now, Lord_Slayer said:

A ship is only as good as the captain that sails her.

yes, Lo yangs, Kidds, Alabamas, tirpitzs, etc are out there, but how well are they captained? You not have been here when the Tirpitz was first released but it was amazing how many people derpped in her.

I consider myself. BB main, yet I am doing well in both the benson, and Kidd despite the radar, hydro and CVs.. I have taken my Lo yang out, but not as much as my benson. Benson just got me the tech tree fletcher. 

Slayer wins the thread 

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles

When loyang was first announced, I said it's OP. Before Ranked I said again, Loyang's OP. Just few days ago I said Loyang is OP. Everyone shat on my face.

A Benson, a Benson, with 5.4 km hydro. Benson is already in the highest performing DDs in game, and then give it a 5.4km hydro. In a meta, that knife fighting other DDs in cap is prevalent. In a game where there majority of the map has obstacles blocking all vision except hydro/radar/plane dead close or even in the points.  Not only that, due to Loyang's speed and hydro's range. If Loyang catches an IJN DD, that DD is dead - zero chance of escape. IJN DDs are not only slower, but have less maneuverability and shittier guns; even their torp tubes are in a very restricted firing angle making evasive torp drops while escaping impossible. (free tip to those who want's to kill IJN DDs close without risk, get right front or aft or the it, you can out turn them and they can never hit you back, zero chance to hit you back)

The whole radar/hydro mechanic needs changing. In a game where vision control is of utmost importance, there cannot be an item that can deny a huge area with no draw back to the user and with simply a press of a button. It's simply too good for the game mechanics. 

Edited by NeutralState
  • Bad 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,049 posts
17,674 battles
1 hour ago, bubbleboy264 said:

Seriously, I’ve tried to get into ranked but it’s nothing but endless Loyang spam. There’s no variety, it’s so stale, just like the world of Belfast’s in the ranked season before last.  I hate this with premiums being better than tech tree counterparts (Belfast, Leningrad, loyang, de grasse, murmansk, Arizona... etc), it ruins game balance and screws over ranked. I also don’t get why the loyang gets German hydro but the z-23 doesn’t, but that’s another can of worms entirely.

I don't know where you're seeing all these Lo Yangs.  I see a LOT more Bensons.

[SALVO]
Members
17,049 posts
17,674 battles
21 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

1ulHhMs.jpg

What rank was this at, roughly?  I have yet to see anything remotely close to this.  Furthermore, a single example is more of an exception to the rule, not the rule itself.

[EGI]
Beta Testers
1,170 posts
18,077 battles

I do like the Lo Yang generally.  I don't feel she is imbalanced as Belfast was in ranked.  I played her quite a bit today and she allowed me to advance ... one whole star.  5 wins and 8 losses. Luckily I placed first on my team on most of the losses and didnt slide too far.  She may be popular but she isn't as many have pointed out OP. 

uMIJDwZ.jpg

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,442 battles
29 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

When loyang was first announced, I said it's OP. Before Ranked I said again, Loyang's OP. Just few days ago I said Loyang is OP. Everyone shat on my face.

A Benson, a Benson, with 5.4 km hydro. Benson is already in the highest performing DDs in game, and then give it a 5.4km hydro. In a meta, that knife fighting other DDs in cap is prevalent. In a game where there majority of the map has obstacles blocking all vision except hydro/radar/plane dead close or even in the points.  Not only that, due to Loyang's speed and hydro's range. If Loyang catches an IJN DD, that DD is dead - zero chance of escape. IJN DDs are not only slower, but have less maneuverability and shittier guns; even their torp tubes are in a very restricted firing angle making evasive torp drops while escaping impossible. (free tip to those who want's to kill IJN DDs close without risk, get right front or aft or the it, you can out turn them and they can never hit you back, zero chance to hit you back)

The whole radar/hydro mechanic needs changing. In a game where vision control is of utmost importance, there cannot be an item that can deny a huge area with no draw back to the user and with simply a press of a button. It's simply too good for the game mechanics. 

SiacBDf.gif

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,442 battles
15 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I don't know where you're seeing all these Lo Yangs.  I see a LOT more Bensons.

12 minutes ago, Crucis said:

What rank was this at, roughly?  I have yet to see anything remotely close to this.  Furthermore, a single example is more of an exception to the rule, not the rule itself.

n8NeJj2.jpg

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,442 battles
3 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

I'm mentally ill clearly.

pS8NlZL.gif

I have killed every one I have seen when I am in My Akizuki... the SLOWEST of the IJNs.... so yeah, I do believe you might be....
It is not even CLOSE to OP... IMHO it has to improve to be UP....and I rarely see them after rank 13, let alone that Crucis is correct that at Higher ranks I hear they are rare as a unicorn...

Edited by pmgaudio