You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GiN_nTonic

replay checkbox in settings

9 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
731 posts
5,907 battles

Dear WG,

I've brought up before but its a bit insane we still - for the love of G - dont have a checkbox in our UI (settings) for simply turning on replay.  Every time there is an update I notice replays turn off when using the hand-written code method....but of course I dont think of it until I want to see a replay of a game I just had, but realize I dont have it.

Seriously - I believe even some of the MOD packs have a checkbox that allow enabling of replays so for G sake please tell the smelly programmer in the corner cubical (no one likes him anyways) to spend 5 min and write a quick code line (or two) getting those of us who don't install MODs a fast way to enable replays.

With love,
Signed - Everyone I know who plays this game.

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
3,361 posts

How would WG make money on that? 

That's all they seem to care about.

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,227 battles

Replays, at least the way I enabled them, are enabled once and forever. I think what you're complaining about is training rooms, but those are extremely easy to re-enable every patch and doesn't even take a full minute other than rebooting the game client

Members
3,492 posts
6,195 battles
2 hours ago, GiN_nTonic said:

Every time there is an update I notice replays turn off when using the hand-written code method.

Has not dome this for at least a year now unless you reinstall WoWs completely.

[CAST]
Members
1,428 posts
5,978 battles
2 hours ago, JCC45 said:

How would WG make money on that? 

That's all they seem to care about.

I realize the snark value in this post, but...the easier they make it to record replays, the more said replays will find their way onto YouTube/OtherTubes, and the more free exposure their game will get.

Not sure there's any real way to get a precise number, but I'd guess that at least 50% of their NA player base came to the game via online videos.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Replays by Button Click is a great Idea. That said WG does nothing easy for us except some of the missions they put us through. Ever think of the horse that walked to death following a carrot tied to a string?

Members
3,492 posts
6,195 battles
8 hours ago, Harv72b said:

I realize the snark value in this post, but...the easier they make it to record replays, the more said replays will find their way onto YouTube/OtherTubes, and the more free exposure their game will get.

Not sure there's any real way to get a precise number, but I'd guess that at least 50% of their NA player base came to the game via online videos.

The 'replay' in the game is not a replay so in order to provide one they would need to create an actual replay file which would be quite large.  The 'replay' we have now I think came from the need to see bugs so it uses game data to recreate the battle.  Small files that could be easily sent to the Dev team from QA or Beta testers and now the general players.  Frankly - they have better things to do than to rework the 'replay'.  Plenty of YouTube content out there - they are IT kinda folks who can do what was needed.  Simply enabling replays will not remove the need for content providers to rerecord the game into an actual replay format.