You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
hexeris

Problem with ranked

17 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
399 posts
9,353 battles

Got to rank 10, as far as I usually go, went back to random and wow, just wow. Teams are horrendous, I think all the decent players are in ranked. Haven't noticed this so bad in previous seasons. Is it just me?

Members
2,562 posts
12,419 battles

No, it's not just you, at rank 10 and below most players know what they are doing  "I said most!" and then go play randoms its a freak show. I am playing as many randoms right now as I can to take advantage of the 200% win bonus and build captains and free xp, but you are correct....I can see why clan wars was so successful...

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

I had a good run when I put ranked on the shelf- same level. Keep in mind randoms aren't as prone to work together so you need to keep your eye on where the battle is moving a little more closely than in ranked- even though the "team" called out a cap / plan at the beginning. 

I know there are times I'm thinking everyone is generally going one way (regardless of whether that was the call or not if that's even a thing) and then I'll get my head into the game, not look at the map for a couple minutes thinking I'm in good company and it's just open ocean and a bunch of shell splashes all around my ship. 

Be like the tots... blend in with the furniture and stay alive long enough to either make a difference or at least make the battle worth your while. 

[INTEL]
Members
8,586 posts
25,712 battles
22 minutes ago, hexeris said:

Got to rank 10, as far as I usually go, went back to random and wow, just wow. Teams are horrendous, I think all the decent players are in ranked. Haven't noticed this so bad in previous seasons. Is it just me?

Nope. I found myself going to Ranked to get relief from the insanity of Randoms.

[PSP]
Members
6,274 posts
8,908 battles

What's up with all this complaining Ranked? Boo hoo, I can't play in a Division. Boo hoo, I don't like tier VIII. Boo hoo, Radar ships are too OP. Boo hoo, the Lexington sucks. Boo hoo, too many players are AFK. Boo hoo, my teams play badly. Boo hoo, keep Premiums out of Ranked. Sheesh, people, just how entitled do you think you are?

Get some perspective. I once had to wipe the rear end of a man when he went to the bathroom because both of his hands were burned so badly that he couldn't do it himself, not to mention that he could barely breathe and had to be held on the toilet. How did he burn his hands and damage his lungs? He was an executive at a refinery, and when it exploded, he ran into the flames again and again pulling out injured people until he collapsed himself. I've saved a few lives and have even been called a "hero" but this guy was a bona fide example of a genuine hero, if I've ever seen one. I actually saved his life when an overdose of morphine after surgery stopped his breathing. I may not be a hero myself but I can say that I saved the life of one once. 

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[5D]
Members
1,245 posts
7,226 battles
12 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

What's up with all this complaining Ranked? Boo hoo, I can't play in a Division. Boo hoo, I don't like tier VIII. Boo hoo, Radar ships are too OP. Boo hoo, the Lexington sucks. Boo hoo, too many players are AFK. Boo hoo, my teams play badly. Boo hoo, keep Premiums out of Ranked. Sheesh, people, just how entitled do you think you are?

Get some perspective. I once had to wipe the rear end of a man when he went to the bathroom because both of his hands were burned so badly that he couldn't do it himself, not to mention that he could barely breathe and had to be held on the toilet. How did he burn his hands and damage his lungs? He was an executive at a refinery, and when it exploded, he ran into the flames again and again pulling out injured people until he collapsed himself. I've saved a few lives and have even been called a "hero" but this guy was a bona fide example of a genuine hero, if I've ever seen one. I actually saved his life when an overdose of morphine after surgery stopped his breathing. I may not be a hero myself but I can say that I saved the life of one once. 

You're not big on actually reading the OP are you? Like for context? Because I'm pretty positive you completely misunderstood.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,844 posts
11,546 battles
14 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

:Smile_amazed:  Did you read the post? Cause this rant of yours is points to no...

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,949 posts
7,526 battles
21 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

So, good for you?

People complain about what they don't like, that doesn't make them "entitled" at all, it just makes them complainers.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,949 posts
7,526 battles
8 minutes ago, Spartias said:

You're not big on actually reading the OP are you? Like for context? Because I'm pretty positive you completely misunderstood.

Nope, he really isn't, I've noticed. Most of his replies are based on the topic title alone.

[5D]
Members
1,245 posts
7,226 battles
Just now, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Nope, he really isn't, I've noticed. Most of his replies are based on the topic title alone.

Spam posting for post count?

[PSP]
Members
6,274 posts
8,908 battles

I based my response on the plethora of posts outlining the "problems" people are having with Ranked, Random, and the game in general. Damn folks, stop whining and enjoy the game, it ain't all that bad. 

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,156 battles

Best parts about ranked? no uptier MM, smoke is nerfed so less camping invisifire (Kutuzov can't help it), and the choice of ships allows for a great variety of Loyangs and Tirpitzes! I'm loving it!

[PSP]
Members
6,274 posts
8,908 battles
1 hour ago, Spartias said:

Spam posting for post count?

Have you read my posts? Here, take a look at the one I just posted:

[5D]
Members
1,245 posts
7,226 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Have you read my posts? Here, take a look at the one I just posted:

Yup

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

You've done your fair share of complaining in the forums as well...

[PSP]
Members
6,274 posts
8,908 battles
23 minutes ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

You've done your fair share of complaining in the forums as well...

Care to provide some links? I'm sure that I have been critical of some things but mostly, as I recall, I've been positive about the game.