Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fog_Battlecruiser_Haruna

looking for tips

16 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
541 posts
2,935 battles

Having had family who served on her, when i saw the big E back in the store, i had to get her, and i have to say shes more enjoyable than even my saipan, that said im having a hard time getting used to her drop so i litteraly group my entire strike package  into one strike and just autodrop on a BB of my choosing, that said i know this ship is capable of so much more, is there anyone who can take some pictures or diagrams of some effective manual drop patterns you can pull off, id like to be able to get her going to her true potential as averaging 50k dmg in a t8 cv is just not cutting it for me.  thanks in advance

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,585 battles

Git GUD??? best advice I can tell you man drops arfe easy sometimes you stack other times you cross sometimes you chase I luv forward arc cross drops myself

• Bad 1

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
98 posts
5,546 battles
On 12/28/2017 at 3:51 PM, Fog_Battlecruiser_Haruna said:

id like to be able to get her going to her true potential as averaging 50k dmg in a t8 cv is just not cutting it for me

So the Enterprise is an interesting ship because it has Tier 7 fighters, at tier 8. The perk of the ship is it can slot a 6th module slot.( I recommend Air Groups Modification 3)

As for the strike power. The Big E is a fighter boat. Its had fighters for days and days, the smartest thing to do with her is shut down all the enemy planes, and then use your strike power

My experience with the Enterprise is when you need to strike a ship with good AA; put your fighters over the ship first, and then bringing in your bombers.

Let me explain:

CV gameplay is a mind game. When an  enemy ship see planes detecting them, or hovering above them, they will most likely alt+click them to do efficient damage. 

Putting your Fighters in first and baiting the alt-click leaves your bombers unfocused by the AA and able to strike and get out.

NOTE: The Tier 1 skill Evasive Maneuver helps your planes return without taking tons of damage.

Hope this helps

-KSN

On 12/28/2017 at 4:01 PM, GuntherPrein said:

Git GUD

:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,503 battles
On 12/31/2017 at 12:12 AM, xKSNx said:

NOTE: The Tier 1 skill Evasive Maneuver helps your planes return without taking tons of damage.

Dont do this. Ever.

[PVE]
Members
5,615 posts
18,201 battles
On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 12:12 AM, xKSNx said:

I think this is the first time I have seen anyone suggest using Evasive Maneuver..  The prevailing opinion is the slow speed is too much of a nerf since it hampers getting your planes back into the fight. I think just not flying your planes over enemy AA ships and avoiding enemy fighters is a better strategy than relying on EM...

• Cool 1

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
8 minutes ago, smf117 said:

Dont do this. Ever.

I am a completely new CV player and am trying to improve on PTS since I have no CVs on live and want to master the basics first so forgive me for asking.

Why though?, the only other viable skill I see is aircraft servicing expert which I have used for all CVS on PTS for the sole reason that I find the decrease in speed uncomfortable so I did not bother even trying it. I like my aircraft as soon as possible back to my carrier to rearm and send them on their way again.

Is there any other reason you shoudn`t use it except the 30% airspeed decrease?

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
5 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I think this is the first time I have seen anyone suggest using Evasive Maneuver..  The prevailing opinion is the slow speed is too much of a nerf since it hampers getting your planes back into the fight. I think just not flying your planes over enemy AA ships and avoiding enemy fighters is a better strategy than relying on EM...

Ah, so that is the only reason afterall, didn`t see you replied first.

[PVE]
Members
5,615 posts
18,201 battles
4 minutes ago, Silver_kun said:

Ah, so that is the only reason afterall, didn`t see you replied first.

No worries, but your gut instinct about getting your aircraft back in the fight quickly is spot on. The decrease in speed is really the only bad thing about EM, everything else about it is pretty good. If your bombers or torp planes are being attacked when they are returning, try to drag the fighters over allied ships with good AA but what you really want most is to get the planes back as fast as you can and EM only slows you down.

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
2 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

If your bombers or torp planes are being attacked when they are returning, try to drag the fighters over allied ships with good AA but what you really want most is to get the planes back as fast as you can and EM only slows you down.

Thank you for the advice. I have not ever tried that before. Will keep that in mind. :Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
Members
5,615 posts
18,201 battles
1 hour ago, Silver_kun said:

Thank you for the advice. I have not ever tried that before. Will keep that in mind. :Smile_honoring:

The good thing about using the PTS is you can experiment and see what works best for you. There are plenty of threads on what captain skills you need for what ships, carrier captains are pretty much cookie cutter builds, the best skills are pretty apparent but if you think you can make something work well for you, try it out on the PTS and see. If you are wrong, you lose nothing. Good luck to you, carrier play is loads of fun, requires lots of micromanaging skills, and usually gets you cursed at by friends and foes alike.... 

• Cool 1

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,503 battles
2 hours ago, Silver_kun said:

I am a completely new CV player and am trying to improve on PTS since I have no CVs on live and want to master the basics first so forgive me for asking.

Why though?, the only other viable skill I see is aircraft servicing expert which I have used for all CVS on PTS for the sole reason that I find the decrease in speed uncomfortable so I did not bother even trying it. I like my aircraft as soon as possible back to my carrier to rearm and send them on their way again.

The planes are slow enough already. Take Dog Fighting Expert and Servicing Expert for your two tier I skills. PM me in game if you have more questions.

• Cool 1

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
3 minutes ago, smf117 said:

The planes are slow enough already. Take Dog Fighting Expert and Servicing Expert for your two tier I skills. PM me in game if you have more questions.

Thank you for the advice. Will PM you when I have more questions.

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
98 posts
5,546 battles

:Smile_facepalm:

Obviously you haven't thought past the speed reduction.

Actually, if your level of CV game is above T5  you would realise, you don't use "Evasive Maneuver" as a click and wait for your planes to return skill.

When Enemy fighters are clicking you and your fighters are a while away, hitting that F button is nice to keep your planes ALIVE 

Click two destinations when "EM" is not needed, then it works just fine.

If you don't understand:

Step one: ALT-Click next to your CV at a return.

Step two: ALT-F 

Having 75% extra HP is worth the trouble, because when there is no enemy CV, and your down to your last planes, you're going to want that skill.

So yeah if you have a CV game of T5 and its just a "wasted skill"...

"Dont do this. Ever."

Edited by xKSNx
  • Funny 1

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
98 posts
5,546 battles
5 hours ago, Silver_kun said:

Sorry, not backing down, this IS a good skill.

If you are a new CV player, i wouldn't take the skill. It requires memory, and then against, some people are saying this skill is a "first".

In my Kaga i found it useful to have it since my bombers are T6.

The 75% makes your bombers tanks. They eat T8 AA and they are still coming back.

NOTE: Stock Values.

Kaga's Nakajima B5N2 Torpedo Bombers have an HP pool of 1210.

With the "Evasive Maneuver" Captain skill, the planes have an individual hit points of 2,117.

For comparison, a Hakuryu with all Strike HP mods has a Torpedo bomber HP of 2548.

Look at the skill yourself, are you will see it's a great tradeoff.

My advice to you would be to wait to a free retrain week and then test it if your still interested.

Since everyone else didn't get it:

This skill is SITUATIONAL

Aircraft Servicing Expert is the #1 skill to always take, and if your "brave" try EM.

Good luck on your Carriers,

Edited by xKSNx

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

@xKSNx Thank you for the advice, I will keep that in mind. The free retrain would be especially useful.

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,503 battles

@Silver_kun Don't do it. Useless skill. You can return your planes away from red ships with multiple way points without losing planes and returning them in the same amount of time while maximizing the usefulness of your captain and not wasting any skill points. You said this was for the Big E...so with that said, that extra health wont matter when Shokaku fighters will just catch your strike planes (because they are already slow enough and now stupid slow with EM) and ALT strafe them out of the air and when you face a Graf Zep with its already stupid fast fighters and powerful strafe you really wont have a chance. So yeah...if you want to wait longer for attack planes to return just to have them chased down because they are now stupid slow by faster fighters and strafed out of the sky before they return...go ahead. Use it. But if you want to get the best use out of you Big E cap making its Fighters and Attack planes as strong as possible, return your attack planes with a few extra clicks and intercept red CVs fighters with your fighters (and win because you have the proper captain build that doesn't include EM) use Dog fighter expert and servicing expert on your first tier skill and message in game for the rest of the captain build. GL

• Bad 2

Sign in to follow this