You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DQCraze

No point in playing Ranked this season

24 comments in this topic

[WB]
Members
117 posts
8,951 battles

Im seeing a minimum of 1 ship afk per round and have had up to 3 ships afk.   Obviously they arent willing to solve this issue so count me out, its a joke.

Members
3,417 posts
8,276 battles
1 minute ago, DQCraze said:

Im seeing a minimum of 1 ship afk per round and have had up to 3 ships afk.   Obviously they arent willing to solve this issue so count me out, its a joke.

Who is they?  And what might they do about it?

Edited by lemekillmister

Members
3,417 posts
8,276 battles
3 minutes ago, DQCraze said:

WG

What might WG do to solve the myriad causes or factors that result in what are generically called AFKs?

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

There is nothing you can do nor WG can do about AFK. Reporting AFK is a mission in futility. Nothing is done about it because nobody cares. One battle won't kill you if you lose. If your luck is so bad you get more AFK games than normal Stop Playing the game at Kid time. If AFK still happens more than normal give up and play Co-Op {At Least there you know nobody cares even if they not AFK.}

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,411 battles
13 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Stop Playing the game at Kid time.

Real good advice there especially in ranked.

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,730 posts
7,718 battles

What rank are you at? You shouldnt be seeing many afk players once you get into mid ranks. Last I checked AFKing is not a great strat for ranking up. 

Members
3,417 posts
8,276 battles
18 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

There is nothing you can do nor WG can do about AFK. Reporting AFK is a mission in futility. Nothing is done about it because nobody cares. One battle won't kill you if you lose. If your luck is so bad you get more AFK games than normal Stop Playing the game at Kid time. If AFK still happens more than normal give up and play Co-Op {At Least there you know nobody cares even if they not AFK.}

The thing is kids are scattered around the world, across every time zone and every game server.  The NA server covers what - 6 or 7 time zones, right?

f7aa3e558a2e8f934e6345bb2ef385a5.jpg

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
1 hour ago, DQCraze said:

The problem is not just afks, the real issue is ranked coinciding with the holidays. I am going to wait 2 weeks to really start grinding out ranked.  This way a lot of players who don't play that often will be back to school etc.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
4 minutes ago, lemekillmister said:

The thing is kids are scattered around the world, across every time zone and every game server.  The NA server covers what - 6 or 7 time zones, right?

f7aa3e558a2e8f934e6345bb2ef385a5.jpg

I see your point and raise one question..... I know you can't rid the world of kids they are everywhere but you can limit the effects of your local time zones the US has a 3 hour difference between the coasts. Play accordingly.

Members
3,417 posts
8,276 battles
7 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I see your point and raise one question..... I know you can't rid the world of kids they are everywhere but you can limit the effects of your local time zones the US has a 3 hour difference between the coasts. Play accordingly.

I thought you were going to pitch more effective birth control. ; )

• Funny 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Me, never 5 Children ....14 Grandchildren .....1 great grandchild ...... I love Kids when they sleeping..... LOL

4 minutes ago, lemekillmister said:

I thought you were going to pitch more effective birth control. ; )

[PVE]
Members
1,607 posts
6,759 battles
59 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

There hasn't been a reason to play Ranked since season 3. You are just figuring this out?

EXACTLY!

[WB]
Members
117 posts
8,951 battles

Are we really saying in the year 2017 that machines are so bad and the internet is that bad that we that people crash every game.  I beg to differ, having a wife as a network engineer, i can promise you the internet isnt that bad and machines able to play this game arent that bad.  I could understand if this was the 80s and people were on a 1400 baud modem, buts thats not the case here,  this is about tag alongs and WG not doing anything about it.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,603 posts
4,032 battles
10 minutes ago, DQCraze said:

Are we really saying in the year 2017 that machines are so bad and the internet is that bad that we that people crash every game.  I beg to differ, having a wife as a network engineer, i can promise you the internet isnt that bad and machines able to play this game arent that bad.  I could understand if this was the 80s and people were on a 1400 baud modem, buts thats not the case here,  this is about tag alongs and WG not doing anything about it.

I just had two dumps back to login in less than half an hour with 50meg service from my ISP.  This is a problem I've never had before the micropatch today, and that's under two different ISP's.

Yes, that's what we're saying.  Not all networks are created equal, and your traffic to and from the WG servers generally crosses at least two.

Edited by Fishrokk

[INTEL]
Members
8,588 posts
25,732 battles
1 hour ago, Fog_Battlecruiser_Haruna said:

wow your luck must blow, ive played 47 games in ranked this week, and ive had only 1 afk on my team so far, then again i play late at night when all the kids are asleep

I have had zero AFKs in roughly the same number of games. Knock on wood

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
149 posts
5,606 battles

I've had this happen to me a lot. Since the update today, the game has crashed on me three times, twice in game and once just as it started to load-in. The two that were in-game were bad enough that my computer crashed too and I had to reboot. I don't think ANY of the people you're seeing are actually just away from their keyboard. I think they're all suffering some kind of crash or connection issues that revolve around the last three updates. 

I don't think this is a network issue. I get memory errors when the game crashes. It's more like they're misusing the memory, or there's a problem with the way their using the memory. But to support your point, it is happening on both a Mac and a Windows machine, so maybe there's a network issue as well as the memory errors that I'm getting.

And I'm actually going so far as to uninstall on the Windows machine. It's become so unreliable that I'm just not going to try for a couple of updates.

[BBC]
Members
933 posts
12,326 battles
2 hours ago, DQCraze said:

try getting out of the crappy player que  and get up to rank 15   or rank 10.

if one is afk should be easy to get 1st place every game

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,387 battles
1 hour ago, 79bigred79 said:

Ranked is a joke period this year

This is what people say about every season of ranked. This one isn't bad.