Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MadDogDunne

MadDog's stupid noub question thread

26 comments in this topic

Members
16 posts
144 battles

I have questions all the time that are lame

I will start with my most pressing matter, Commanders.

At what point is retraining worth it?

1-Do you advance a great Commander or train up the one that came with the ship?

2- Can all Commanders get to level 19?

Thanks,

MadDog

Edited by MadDogDunne

[CK5]
Members
804 posts
6,555 battles

I don't know about anyone else, but at Tier 6 and above, I always advance commanders to the next ship.  Having a low level commander in higher tiers can be very frustrating and painful to play.  At lower tiers it doesn't seem to matter so much.

Yes, to your second question. 

• Cool 1

[ADR]
Members
4,314 posts
13,364 battles

1.  I take my commander all the way up to T10 throughout the grind.   when I ID a ship I want to keep, I keep that in mind as I keep going up.   Once the grind is complete I figure out what ship I want to play the most (usually based on tier) then keep using that 19 point commander along with others to farm Elite commander XP to feed to new commanders I want to train up for other ships.

2.  yes All commanders can get to 19 with time and effort.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
196 posts
5,776 battles

You should want to get commanders to 19 points so that you can start gaining elite captain experience.. which can help you with all other commanders in retraining or boosting captain points.. etc.

• Cool 1

Members
3,417 posts
8,276 battles

First of all, it's spelled either newb or noob depending which one you mean.  It seems like, based on your question, you may be the former. 

// I Kid.

Edited by lemekillmister
  • Cool 1

Members
3,417 posts
8,276 battles
1 minute ago, AspiringCodger said:

Well, nub is actually acceptable too.

Is that Canadian?

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,981 posts
9,916 battles
4 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

1.  I take my commander all the way up to T10 throughout the grind.   when I ID a ship I want to keep, I keep that in mind as I keep going up.   Once the grind is complete I figure out what ship I want to play the most (usually based on tier) then keep using that 19 point commander along with others to farm Elite commander XP to feed to new commanders I want to train up for other ships.

2.  yes All commanders can get to 19 with time and effort.

Same here but then I am a collector of tech tree's not ships ( I only have 19 in my port right now and that is because I am grinding the PA DD line right now) . I have all but the Pa DD tech tree's researched to elite status and I am at the tier 9 PA DD right now . I was lucky to have three commanders at 18 skill points when the change to 19 points happened and two of those commanders were past the point of becoming 19 point commanders and the other was half way there . So I ground those commanders for extra elite xp really hard when I found out how it was going to work and ended up with three 19 pointers and 2.27 million elite xp that I spent getting other commanders up and now have 16 19 pointers total .

• Cool 1

Members
4,551 posts
6,467 battles

I have no commanders left.  I keel hauled the whole lot.  They were hurting my sacred numbers. :Smile-angry:

• Funny 2

[YORHA]
Members
3,328 posts
7 minutes ago, lemekillmister said:

Is that Canadian?

No.  The Canadian spelling is Noub, eh.

• Cool 1

Members
3,417 posts
8,276 battles

Q: 1-Do you advance a great Commander or train up the one that came with the ship?

A: It all depends on your personal objectives and budget.

Q: 2- Can all Commanders get to level 19?

A: Yes, with time and effort. There are several things that can aid the process, mostly they require a bit of money.  19 pt captains are great for making more 19 pt captains - they can create a snowball effect. 

Edited by lemekillmister
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
123 posts
32,444 battles
9 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I have no commanders left.  I keel hauled the whole lot.  They were hurting my sacred numbers. :Smile-angry:

<cleans coffee spray and cigarette ashes from monitor> 

Members
3,417 posts
8,276 battles
7 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

North Canada or south Canada?:cap_yes:

All I know for sure is that most of em live on the south side.

Members
3,417 posts
8,276 battles
6 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

No.  The Canadian spelling is Noub, eh.

That's Québécois. 

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,397 battles
36 minutes ago, MadDogDunne said:

I have questions all the time that are lame

I will start with my most pressing matter, Commanders.

At what point is retraining worth it?

1-Do you advance a great Commander or train up the one that came with the ship?

2- Can all Commanders get to level 19?

Thanks,

MadDog

What I did was picked out my highest commander from each nation. Ground one up to 19. Used him awhile to gather elite commander XP. Used that XP to build up another commander and so on. I now have 17 19 point captains with 8 more between 12-17. 4 IJN, 4 USN, 1 Soviet, 2 KM, 3 RN and 1 Italian.

• Cool 1

Members
16 posts
144 battles
1 minute ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

What I did was picked out my highest commander from each nation. Ground one up to 19. Used him awhile to gather elite commander XP. Used that XP to build up another commander and so on. I now have 17 19 point captains with 8 more between 12-17. 4 IJN, 4 USN, 1 Soviet, 2 KM, 3 RN and 1 Italian.

Thanks dog, that is the best answer to my noob question

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

If your comfortable with a ship and really love playing it stay with the Captain at this lvl Grind him to 19. {this being your fav ship you will gain elite captains exp faster} The use other ships captains as normal bringing their skill lvl to 19 with the ship and elite exp. Grinding Captains on a premium ship is Ideal but not necessary. Use Signal Flags that grant favor to Captain skills on your favorite as well as camo. 

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,397 battles
1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

If your comfortable with a ship and really love playing it stay with the Captain at this lvl Grind him to 19. {this being your fav ship you will gain elite captains exp faster} The use other ships captains as normal bringing their skill lvl to 19 with the ship and elite exp. Grinding Captains on a premium ship is Ideal but not necessary. Use Signal Flags that grant favor to Captain skills on your favorite as well as camo. 

Yea I left out the signal flags and camo. Helps a lot.

[YORHA]
Members
3,328 posts
46 minutes ago, lemekillmister said:

That's Québécois. 

Nope.  That would be Noubé.

Members
1,019 posts
13,047 battles

When I start up a new ship line I'll only take along one or at most two commanders up the line which means I stop getting new commanders with the new ships very early on. By the time I've ground out the line to it's higher tiers I have an experienced commander to use in them.

Never get a commander when buying a premium ship. Premiums should only be training commanders for other ships.

Sign in to follow this