You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Biggest "Kill on Sight" cruiser

56 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
2,266 posts
9,841 battles

DDs usually get priority targeted when spotted at short to medium ranges. One appears and everybody shifts targets immediately. Generally doesn't matter what class it is.

I was wondering what cruisers get this treatment the most? Even at longer ranges, most ships will shift targets to a spotted Atlanta for example. A common theme seems to be is that these priority targets are relatively squishy. Is being a primarily  from stealth damage dealer also a factor?

I would assume that Atlanta would top the list. What others are favorite team pinatas?

Members
643 posts
4,245 battles

Anything with radar, then British CL's...usually because if you've spotted one, they accidentally exposed themselves while trying to sit still in smoke.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,567 posts
8,979 battles

Belfast because it can sit in smoke and spam HE where the other RN CL's are restricted to AP.  RN cruisers in general and the Minotaur specifically because they rain pebbles on you and only BB's are relatively immune to those pebbles. Russian CA's because they hit hard even though they are armored with egg shells.

[PVE]
Members
507 posts
4,317 battles

Not really based on their squishiness, but based on how big of a pain in the neck they can be, usually due to their spamming ability or their radar: Atlanta, Belfast (eats DDs which hurts your team), Minotaur, Baltimore, etc.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,479 posts
4,069 battles

The Khabarovsk Belfast takes my pick. The Atlanta, Kutuzov, Des Moines, and the high-tier British cruisers are also pretty high priority. Basically anything that has rapid-fire capabilities and radar.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,387 battles

Clevelands, real tasty little treats. Especially when the captain drives it like a BB.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,534 posts
2,123 battles

Belfast. It deserves it. And if you don't kill it now, you'll regret it later.

Khabarosk. Trust me, it's really a cruiser. A really, really, really irritating (and slightly OP) cruiser. Unfortunately, while you can shoot it, hitting it is another matter.

Kutuzov. Usually when they're spotted they either are going into or out of smoke, so they make easy targets while you can see them.

Minotaur/most any brit cruiser. Really satisfying to hit, only get limited chances, and irritating.

Flint.

Atlanta. REALLY irritating.

Radar ships.

Pepsicolas. They just go boom really easily.

Anyone showing broadside (especially if reversing).

PSA for Cruiser captains. I'm a BB driver, so if you're doing one of the things on this list and there's a BB around, he's probably aiming at you.

(RN CLs, when you slow down, turn, and drop smoke, you're really easy to predict, so don't do it in front of a BB, because 3 seconds after you go undetected, my shells are going to arrive with detrimental effects to your future contributions to the match.)

• Cool 3

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles

Belfast.  The others will be available to hit later.  You see a Belfast, you may not get another chance.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,680 posts
8,116 battles
6 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

DDs usually get priority targeted when spotted at short to medium ranges. One appears and everybody shifts targets immediately. Generally doesn't matter what class it is.

I was wondering what cruisers get this treatment the most? Even at longer ranges, most ships will shift targets to a spotted Atlanta for example. A common theme seems to be is that these priority targets are relatively squishy. Is being a primarily  from stealth damage dealer also a factor?

I would assume that Atlanta would top the list. What others are favorite team pinatas?

Des Moines is a big one and Moskva is even worse. I guess any ship that has high ROF and prone to start fires.

[CVA16]
Members
2,266 posts
9,841 battles
17 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Khabarosk. Trust me, it's really a cruiser. A really, really, really irritating (and slightly OP) cruiser. Unfortunately, while you can shoot it, hitting it is another matter.

I disagree. At least with the part of being slightly OP. Nothing slightly about it. It does retain the DD knack for dodging shots from long range which makes it less  worthwhile to take it under fire when there are other targets available that you can actually hit and damage.

[H_]
Members
230 posts
7,200 battles

LOL,  

# 1 Cleveland - really not sure why? maybe cause they deleted me way to often prior to my getting one :) 

# 2 Atlanta's - just because, dam fire hoses..

# 3 Belfast's -  cause they are really annoying.

Actually none of the higher tier boats, at least and 9's and 10's I've not developed any of the "ugh get rid of them mentality yet"

[PYRO]
Members
7 posts
3,533 battles

Belfast, mainly because the combination of smoke, radar, and hydro makes her an HE-spamming DD death machine with an 8-km zone of immunity. Kutuzov is at least equal, particularly because she's got such a long range and absurd DPM with IFHE. The Pan-Asian DDs are starting to become priority targets now that more people are making their way up the line, those deepwater torpedoes are no joke.

[CVA16]
Members
2,266 posts
9,841 battles
2 hours ago, S16_Hunter said:

1 Cleveland - really not sure why? maybe cause they deleted me way to often prior to my getting one :) 

I have noticed when driving my Cleveland I get lots of unwanted attention when I get spotted. It isn't really "squishy" but it does seem to be a priority target for many players. It does have  the ability to hide and rain fire like many of the other priority ships so that looks like a common factor.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,344 posts
9,536 battles

Atlanta, just out of spite if nothing else, then anything that turns broadside.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,534 posts
2,123 battles
5 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

I disagree. At least with the part of being slightly OP. Nothing slightly about it. It does retain the DD knack for dodging shots from long range which makes it less  worthwhile to take it under fire when there are other targets available that you can actually hit and damage.

Yeah, I was trying to avoid opening that can of worms. My personal opinion is they should give it a citadel and put it in the CL line as a premium, because it's definitely OP as is. Nearly impossible to hit, and when you do, almost all cruiser HE and IFHE shatters, and CA and BB AP overpens. RN CL AP works, as does BB HE, but good luck hitting it with the arcs (CL) or reload (BB). DD AP works, but that requires getting into a gun-fight with a Khab, which no DD in their right mind does. Heck, even cruisers don't like fighting that thing.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,782 posts
9,781 battles

Pepsicola, NewOrlean - any other cruisersthat glass canon and no armor protection WHO think they can go up against BB first sight

BOOM

in your face, devastating strike - first kill - 3 citadel - 3 over pen

[OPG]
Members
3,967 posts
5,657 battles
7 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

2 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Yeah, I was trying to avoid opening that can of worms. My personal opinion is they should give it a citadel and put it in the CL line as a premium, because it's definitely OP as is. Nearly impossible to hit, and when you do, almost all cruiser HE and IFHE shatters, and CA and BB AP overpens. RN CL AP works, as does BB HE, but good luck hitting it with the arcs (CL) or reload (BB). DD AP works, but that requires getting into a gun-fight with a Khab, which no DD in their right mind does. Heck, even cruisers don't like fighting that thing.

I used to think the Khaba was slightly on the OP side, but I have since changed my opinion.  The Khaba can't put out the same levels of firepower as contemporary cruisers, and it gets countered pretty hard by by the numerous rail guns found at Tier 10.  It's not very flexible due to its limited range, and apart from its speed it has atrocious handling.  It's a strong ship in the right situations, but I find myself struggling to justify why I would ever want to play my Khaba instead of cruiser....the Henri especially.

The Henri can go 44 knots, and it can accurately shoot you from 19km away.  Its HE packs a massive punch and comes with a 26% fire chance, but it's AP is the real kicker.  The Henri is more than capable of citadeling other cruisers out to its max gun range of 19km.  When I'm in a BB I fear a well driven Henri or Hindenburg far more than I fear a Khabarovsk.  

*Just my two cents.     

360 posts
194 battles

Adding more threat assessment for the Belfast, then radar ships, then Atlanta. It seems to be agreed that these are pretty much the top of the target priority.

What would be the cruisers that you tend to ignore?

Members
1,536 posts
8,158 battles

Hey

1. Belfast........Between smoke, hydro and radar.....Too dangerous with a good player not to kill.

2.  Kutuzov.......The king of fire farming damage and that oh so great 19km range, with IFHE + DE, a real burning pain in the A$$.

3. Atlanta........What a general pain in the rear, but easy to kill, he will do anything to make you change your mind.

4.  Minotaur......My goodness, that rate of fire when in smoke is absolutely insane.

Those are the ones I hate the most; all can be easily defeated outside their smoke or when broadside.  Punish them, show NO Mercy!

Pete

Members
3,758 posts
13,982 battles

To a BB driver... ANY Cruiser. They'll switch targets from a BB that's 7 KM away to a Cruiser that's 15 KM away, every time.

Edited by ReddNekk