You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Americandude_2017

Most worthwhile premiums per tier?

12 comments in this topic

[TAFY3]
Members
351 posts
7,327 battles

I think the Gallant is a really nice DD but I would like to say to anyone who doesn't have the Scharnhorst, it's on sale and it's many people's favorite ship in the game.  It's at a great tier and it feels a little bit like a BB, CA and DD all in one.  Very consistent and always fun.

Edited by driedjello

[PNGYN]
Members
491 posts
3,008 battles

T5: Ceasare seems fun, I don't have it but a lot of people I know do and love it. 

T6: Arizona. More accurate than New Mex, with worse AA. 

T7: Scharnhorst. Hands down my favorite premium. 

Refer to others' judgement here, I have not bought a T8 premium (yet).

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
2 hours ago, Americandude_2017 said:

Hey all, I was wondering, since I got the Gallant out of a mega box, what are the best buys for premium ships per tier?

I assume you mean of the ones available right now since you're talking about best buys... 

There isn't a lot of low tier variety right now (at least not in the premium shop)-  Actually from what I can see there's nothing below a tier 6. Judging by the number of battles you have played I'm going to urge caution before you go and spend any money up there. The DDs and cruisers definitely take a good comprehension of the game and its mechanics to get the most value from your money spent.

Edited by ENO75

Members
1,458 posts
12,310 battles

Tier 8 - Alabama

Tier 7 - Lennigrad.....because everyone has a Shinny horse..

Tier 6 - Arizona - if you only have the money for one, I would suggest this

Tier 5 -Ceasaer - or buy a bunch of Santa Crates to get a Kamikazi

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles
56 minutes ago, ENO75 said:

Judging by the number of battles you have played I'm going to urge caution before you go and spend any money up there. The DDs and cruisers definitely take a good comprehension of the game and its mechanics to get the most value from your money spent.

I'll strongly second this. If I were you personally, I'd save my money and wait to decide if I wanted to spend it on virtual content. I've played over a thousand battles and all I can tell you is that Carriers are not my favorite, and that's about it. :Smile_great: I still haven't decided on which boats I like the most, and I still have so many more to try that for me to start buying premiums now would be silly, not knowing were my taste is.

You may already know what kind of ships you like to play even with so few battles, so honestly you can go after whatever premium you desire. I would just recommend on holding off until you've played more lines and gone deeper into the the tiers... I used to really enjoy my cruisers, but as I played into higher tiers I found my enjoyment for them faltering. You may change your opinion on the boats you like to play as you level on up.

If you're hellbent on spending your money though, you could try the Santa crates. There's no guarantee that you'll get anything good, but I got the super stealthy Gallant and the brutal Mutsu. I saved money over not directly buying them, and because I like DD's the Gallant is a nice addition for me.

Edited by AllysaRockz
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,538 posts
7,540 battles
1 hour ago, ENO75 said:

I assume you mean of the ones available right now since you're talking about best buys... 

There isn't a lot of low tier variety right now-  Actually from what I can see there's nothing below a tier 6. Judging by the number of battles you have played I'm going to urge caution before you go and spend any money up there. The DDs and cruisers definitely take a good comprehension of the game and its mechanics to get the most value from your money spent.

If you simply buy doubloons and pick from the tech tree, the options are greater for lower tier ships.

The Albany, Smith, Katori and Yubari, are low tier choices, although you will probably grind to those tiers fairly quickly.. Of those, the Yubari is my favorite.

At 5 and above you won't have protective MM, so like @ENO75 said, I would be careful about getting up that high right away.  If you want to anyway and understand the risk, Perth at T6 is a good choice. Marblehead at T5 will get slaughtered.

At 7, I would pick Scharnhorst.  At 8, Alabama or Atago.

IMO, Atlanta takes a "particular set of skills"  and usually is disappointing in a beginners hands.

• Cool 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
10 minutes ago, OtterWolf said:

If you simply buy doubloons and pick from the tech tree, the options are greater for lower tier ships.

Funny- I realized that a little after... I do thank you for correcting so the OP is not mislead. 

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,496 battles

Per tier? I'll start at tier 4:

4: Nikolai, Ishizuchi(especially since the buffs)

5: Guilio Cesear, Gremyashy, Kamikaze R.

6: Graf Spee, Dunkerque, AZ, Molotov, Anshan, De Grasse, Duca D'Aosta(warning more for experienced players)

7. Sims, Scharnhorst, Belfast, Hood, Blyskawica, 

8. Atago, Kii, Tirpitz, Lo Yang, Alabama.

9. Missouri

Pretty much my list.