You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_ENO_

Hit a couple benchmarks recently... some thoughts.

3 comments in this topic

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

I rolled through 5000 battles a few days ago and felt pretty good about that. Learned a lot from this community- including the people I don't always agree with- and in spite of the back and forth and a healthy pinch of salt... I'll never deny that I owe a great many of you thanks. Wargaming titles are like supper- a little salt will bring out their full flavour but too much ruins them.

Also hit my ranked target at Rank 10. Reviewing the ranked battle stats in my profile I see that it took 33 games to go from 17 to 10. 19 of those were in NC, 2 in Bama and 12 in Chappy.  I thought I could play it out in Chappy but I wasn't having the impact I thought I needed for ranked. It was not a great platform to take out for the first time in the ranked environment where each ship has a greater percentage of the load to carry. 

I'd never really played NC before- nor Bama... but I was a quick study since I am a BB main at heart. Slow and steady. A little extra lead. Okay, a lot of extra lead considering I'm predominantly a German BB guy. Neither disappointed- though I had a couple matches where I felt obligated to apologize to the team for getting out of position when they depended on me. 

Great rewards available to those who can muscle through to 10... I recommend taking it a few games at a time- win or lose. Instead of saying "I'm going to get up to rank x this session" say you're going to play 3 (as an example) battles- win or lose- then take a break. Don't instantly battle on since you may get caught in the same group. 

Anyway- it's been a rocky 5000 battles at times but I (almost) always look forward to seeing fellow forum folks on green. Hope to see you out there in the new year!

261g76x.jpg

• Cool 2

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,419 battles

Congrats on making the 5000 mark and getting to 10. I haven't got to play much ranked yet because of the Holidays. Starting at 17 also and my short term goal is 10 and see where it goes from there.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
3 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Congrats on making the 5000 mark and getting to 10. I haven't got to play much ranked yet because of the Holidays. Starting at 17 also and my short term goal is 10 and see where it goes from there.

Thanks!

Hope it's an easy grind- having a couple of irrevocables between 17 and 10 definitely helps take some of the edge off.