Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
soko99

MM during ranked needs work

4 comments in this topic

[APOC]
Members
147 posts
6,690 battles

So just had yet another game where 1 side had 3 radar and a hydro ship while the other side had none.  This should not be allowed in MM.. 2 Chappys and an NO vs 2 kutz and a Martel.  How on earth is that proper matchmaking WG? 

• Cool 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,585 battles

because every now and then those ships are driven by morons so people believe they have  a chance against them being played properly and tell you to git gud ROFL when in reality if they don't derp hard that's an easy star for whoever has that much radar

[5D5]
Members
2,286 posts
14,332 battles

MM only looks at tier and ship class. At one point it was supposed to look at ship type after 4-5 Clevelands kept showing up on one side versus one on the other. However, that seem to go away many patches later.

I don't think it has ever factored in consumables like radar though. For NO it is an option whereas for Chappy it is a permanent consumable.

[APOC]
Members
147 posts
6,690 battles
On 12/28/2017 at 12:36 PM, 1SneakyDevil said:

MM only looks at tier and ship class. At one point it was supposed to look at ship type after 4-5 Clevelands kept showing up on one side versus one on the other. However, that seem to go away many patches later.

I don't think it has ever factored in consumables like radar though. For NO it is an option whereas for Chappy it is a permanent consumable.

I know. it'd be impossible to balance it that way.. but for example if you have 3 ships of the same kinds on each side, MM should be a bit more organized in splitting that up to make each side have it. So the 3 kutu vs 3 chappy could be 2 kutu and chappy vs 1 kutu and 2 chappys (or really any combination of a MIX of those ships). It just totally eliminates the purpose of ranked which supposed to have the better played team win. whereas a huge advantage like that can only be lost if the team is super unicum on 1 side and total noobs on the other (which at T8 is highly unlikely) so in effect MM just gave the game to 1 team even without playing.

I've seen the same thing with DDs (2 loyangs and benson vs 3 bensons) and some even worse ones like setting up a benson, loyang and kidd to fight a kiev, akizuki and benson.  MM could easily have swapped a premium for non and give each side a chance.

Edited by soko99

Sign in to follow this