You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Legendary_Engram

How to buy upgrades if you already have one in your inventory?

4 comments in this topic

[FARQD]
Members
203 posts
3,476 battles

I would like to buy a new upgrade module for my ship, specifically the MB3 for my Baltimore, but I already have one in my inventory. I want to buy one because they are on sale and I could use the one I have later when I unlock the DM.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,539 posts
7,540 battles
12 minutes ago, Legendary_Engram said:

I would like to buy a new upgrade module for my ship, specifically the MB3 for my Baltimore, but I already have one in my inventory. I want to buy one because they are on sale and I could use the one I have later when I unlock the DM.

You're going to have to pay doubloons to demount one, and then buy another.  A few of my clanmates did this when demounting was free after clan battles.

[TAC-B]
Beta Testers
111 posts
8,910 battles

If I understand correctly, upgrades put on the free rental tier X clanwars ships get removed for free when the rentals are removed from your port.

So, if you can wait till the next patch comes out to get access to the purchased upgrade (they're usually on a 3-4 week cycle) , you could put sale-upgrades on the tier X clanwars rentals and they will pop off for free when the next patch drops.

• Cool 1

Members
3 posts
7,056 battles

You can not do it in WOWs.

it is not like in World of Tanks that you can buy a bunch of discount upgrade/consumable/shells for future.

WG is making WOWs economy this way purposely to make you poor in credit to promote their premium shop.

free game is not free.