You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grflrgl

Wargaming - Please respond

24 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
149 posts
5,576 battles

Wargaming - In no other IT environment would these crashes be accepted. I've spent a fair amount of money on this since I found it, and I want answers. When will the game crashes be fixed? Are you even paying attention?

As of the update today, I can't get the game to run on my Mac at all. And on my PC, it now crashes at the end of every game. 

I'm not the only one that is having this problem. In five games over two days, I've seen others have the same issue. Either they load so slowly that they get destroyed before they can move, or they suddenly go dead in the water while they reboot.

The crashes are so bad now that I don't even feel it proper to play ranked, as I'm not sure I'll be able to finish the game. I had one crash a few minutes ago that took so long to return to that I was sunk before I could get back. I was in-game for about 45 seconds total, after a 90 second load-in. 

I would very much appreciate it if you would respond to these problems. There will be no further purchases from the premium shop until you reply or the updates provide a stable platform.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,487 battles

Perhaps you should use a supported OS.  WoWS is not officially supported on Mac.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,044 posts
8,052 battles

Although I can feel your frustration, you have to ask yourself, why me, and not the other 10,000 users not having those issues?

The best way to get this resolved is to file a support ticket, as I'm sure you have, and work with WG on fixing it.

They may ask you for logs and screen shots to help figure out whats what. but i's doubtful you'll get your answers on the forum.

Good luck!

[SYN]
Members
345 posts
6,161 battles
1 minute ago, kerensky914 said:

Perhaps you should use a supported OS.  WoWS is not officially supported on Mac.

That's silly.  They provide a client and promote it.

[TARFU]
Members
899 posts
5,920 battles
7 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

Although I can feel your frustration, you have to ask yourself, why me, and not the other 10,000 users not having those issues?

The best way to get this resolved is to file a support ticket, as I'm sure you have, and work with WG on fixing it.

They may ask you for logs and screen shots to help figure out whats what. but i's doubtful you'll get your answers on the forum.

Good luck!

Lol, sure... everybody has issues. Tons of people have been complaining about crashing to the login screen when starting a match... Or after a round ends, there's no menu in the game. They never fix the issue, I think they're ignoring it because they don't have the manpower/or someone familiar enough with the code to sit there and go through it. Whoever that would be is too busy adding content to the game.

Why do I have this feeling they're using warships/tanks profits to keep world of warplanes going...is that game profitable yet?  the world of warships team is clearly understaffed. sometime you have to admit when something is a failure and give up on it 

EJ

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[WAG]
Members
393 posts
7,493 battles

I played using the OS X client for a about a year. It became very unstable, so I installed a clean OS on an external, and the only application on it was WoW, and while not perfect, it was much more stable, but would still crash after maybe ten or so games.

About a month ago I bought a gaming grade Windows 10 laptop just for gaming. Now I get to run WoW in maximum video quality, and despite this, still get a high fps. But as far as stability, it still crashes after 10-20 games, just like the OS X version did.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,487 battles
13 minutes ago, MikeLWX said:

That's silly.  They provide a client and promote it.

It is provided by a third party. 

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,981 posts
9,916 battles
10 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Tons of people have been complaining about crashing to the login screen when starting a match... Or after a round ends,

Odd I have not seen ~100+ people (100 at 200 Lbs. a piece = 1 ton) say anything about crashing . I personally have not experienced it for over a year and a half or more . I can not remember the last time one of my friends complained about it .

So your statement to me just sounds like another ; "The sky is falling !" statement .

[POP]
Beta Testers
289 posts
10,498 battles

I get random crashes. End of match while loading result screen lock up, start battle game dump,in battle lock up, then zoom zoom zoom to catch up to present. Seems to be a recent thing. I AM playing on a new rig, but its a gaming monster. so I don't think its that. Maybe Nvidia drivers/motherboard drivers/ solor sun spots,, who knows. Its a I7 7700 with a 1070 so it kicks booty. Must be Aliens,,,,,,

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,393 battles
6 minutes ago, Alien_Observer said:

I get random crashes. End of match while loading result screen lock up, start battle game dump,in battle lock up, then zoom zoom zoom to catch up to present. Seems to be a recent thing. I AM playing on a new rig, but its a gaming monster. so I don't think its that. Maybe Nvidia drivers/motherboard drivers/ solor sun spots,, who knows. Its a I7 7700 with a 1070 so it kicks booty. Must be Aliens,,,,,,

North Koreans, don't forget them. Jam our games up and take away McDonalds from us and our country crashes.

[GWG]
Members
163 posts
3,518 battles

I had some problems with crashes... a fresh install of the game solved most of them. With all the patching that is done to the game, it might be a good idea to do that on a fairly regular basis. (Warning: it takes TIME... I do my re-installs before I goto bed.)

[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,130 battles

I don't have issues. I used to play on a less than optimal computer, and only crashed a handful of times in a year. Most times it was fine after restarting the game. Once needed a complete reinstall. Things happen, a couple of crashes here and there is OK. On my new computer, no issues (but only had it for a week).

The VAST majority of people do not have consistent problems. Maybe you check over your computer. Also, Mac is not officially supported.

Finally, submit a ticket, they should be able to help you.

[SYN]
Members
345 posts
6,161 battles
48 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

It is provided by a third party. 

And yet WG doesn’t say that on their DL page, and the average consumer would never know it.  For most people, it’s simply something that WG promotes and provides.  What does it matter if WG contracts with a third party to provide the client?  Particularly given that WG contracts with a third party (Lesta) to provide them with the Windows client...

[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,201 battles

I play on a Mac using the Wineskin provided by Codeweavers. That is the default option when you download the "Mac" version of the game. I have had almost no problems at all running it and am beginning to wonder if it is because I am still using El Capitan. Noticed lots of posts in the Mac thread about crashes and memory leaks and they are all using Sierra. My machine is too old for it and is why I am running the older OS. I have had just a few minor issues like a bit of lag when bot ships spawn in Ops and one where my machine actually crashed, again in Ops when the bot ships spawned. Luckily I had been destroyed already and was watching the match from another player's perspective. 

[WOLFB]
Members
149 posts
5,576 battles
17 hours ago, kerensky914 said:

The Mac works far better than the Windows machine. I managed to get it working again yesterday on the Mac.

[WOLFB]
Members
149 posts
5,576 battles
17 hours ago, Darksaint1071 said:

I had some problems with crashes... a fresh install of the game solved most of them. With all the patching that is done to the game, it might be a good idea to do that on a fairly regular basis. (Warning: it takes TIME... I do my re-installs before I goto bed.)

Tried that twice and it didn't work.

Members
762 posts
15,824 battles

I, too, experience (what seems to be) random crashes back to the login screen. They occur mostly during the transfer from que to a match. Perhaps every 7 - 10 matches.

Members
700 posts
10,486 battles
29 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

I, too, experience (what seems to be) random crashes back to the login screen. They occur mostly during the transfer from que to a match. Perhaps every 7 - 10 matches.

That's exactly my experience with WoW.  Public Test server a little better than Live server though, as far as general access.

I think there are two servers though (Public Test or Live), being a port server, which I have no problem configuring my ship in, and a battle server, which I can typically access. But about 15% of the time (over 8000+ battles) can't access battle server until minutes after start clock. About 10% of THOSE times I never get into the battle server. Has to be two servers though, otherwise it would be a seamless transition. Yes, went through the ticket process, and have uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

Members
762 posts
15,824 battles

Just happened again. Getting to be a part of the game, now, really.

Edit>> Just had a guy ingame suggest having no browsers open while gaming. Will try it.

Edited by theLaalaa

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,487 battles
1 hour ago, theLaalaa said:

Just happened again. Getting to be a part of the game, now, really.

Edit>> Just had a guy ingame suggest having no browsers open while gaming. Will try it.

Interesting thought.  Since I play on a Microsoft Surface Pro, I am in the habit of shutting down everything that is unnecessary before playing.  Maybe that's why I don't experience this issue.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,487 battles
2 hours ago, Grflrgl said:

The Mac works far better than the Windows machine. I managed to get it working again yesterday on the Mac.

I assume you mean running a Windows machine on your Mac?  I've never heard good things from people who've tried gaming that way.  Just too many things that can go wrong I suppose. 

[WOLFB]
Members
149 posts
5,576 battles
36 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

I assume you mean running a Windows machine on your Mac?  I've never heard good things from people who've tried gaming that way.  Just too many things that can go wrong I suppose. 

Nope. Two computers. One top end Mac for home, one Windows for work environment that isn't so easy to translate to the Mac. 

I finally got the Mac working after reinstalling the game.

The Windows unit was upgraded in memory when I got it, but I wonder if the memory on all the machines that are having problems isn't the issue. That doesn't make sense given that the Mac also has problems from time to time, but it does make sense if you look at them as two isolated issues. The Windows machine isn't built for gaming per se, but the IT guru's that I've talked to say it's perfectly capable of running the lower end WG graphics and sound (which is what I'm using).

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
1,138 posts
6,777 battles

#1: For gaming ditch the Mac and get a real PC

#2: Haven't had many issues at all with the game client crashing on my Windows machine... maybe once a month it will crash to desktop.