Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

Mutsuki or Minekaze?

Which DD line?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tier V DD to get?

• Mutsuki
    • Minezake
    • Bacon

15 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
6,399 posts
2,387 battles

The time has come to choose an IJN DD line.  Based on the ships themselves, I am leaning slightly toward Mutsuki, but I want to consider the whole line before making a choice.  You DD mains, what advice do you have to give a poor potato with tendencies toward torp-itude?

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,380 posts
5,075 battles

Akizuki is really good, though it depends if you want torpedo boats or a (singular) gunboat at tier VIII.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,399 posts
2,387 battles

I have other lines for gunboats.  Healthy artillery is nice, but the real purpose of IJN DDs seems to be torps.  But then, I don't have much first-hand experience with same.  I rarely play DDs on the PT server.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
721 posts
11,930 battles

Based on your comment, I suggest the Mutsuki/Fubuki/Akatsuki/Kagero/Yugumo/Shimakaze branchof the IJN DD tech tree. Akizuki is fun (in the other branch) but is essentially a CL that turns like a BB, is too slow to run away effectively, and is deleted by red teams once spotted.

I hope you have fun, whatever you decide!

Respects,

Am

• Cool 1

[VFW]
Members
935 posts
21,170 battles

Go up both lines.   The Akizuki is a fun DD, really comes into it's own when manned with a 19 point captain.   Not maneuverable and slow, but the HP pool and guns are a terror to DDs when fighting for a Cap.  If a heavy presses you, then the torps come into play.  With the Akizuki, you don't run away, you fight your way out of the corner....fun.

vr,

[PSP]
Members
6,240 posts
8,874 battles

I liked the Mutsuki, but have gone past it. I play the Fubuki all the time. I did fairly well in it last Ranked season.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,835 battles
8 minutes ago, Amracil said:

Based on your comment, I suggest the Mutsuki/Fubuki/Akatsuki/Kagero/Yugumo/Shimakaze branchof the IJN DD tech tree. 

This :Smile_great:. If your intent is the IJN national flavor build up the Shima line.  After complete, go back the alternate line.

[SYN]
Members
548 posts
6,157 battles

It took me almost 30 games to figure out the Mutsuki. I apologize if you were on any of those teams. 

Now the Mutsuki is really fun. Most of the time, the red team will not pursue you, even with a CV. As the battle progresses, you can really influence map control. 

I have some games where I simply chase the red team and do no damage. Then there are the games where the red team seems oblivious to the danger of having an unspotted DD on the map.  The (torpedo)beat goes on.... 

Members
1,866 posts
19 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

The time has come to choose an IJN DD line.  Based on the ships themselves, I am leaning slightly toward Mutsuki, but I want to consider the whole line before making a choice.  You DD mains, what advice do you have to give a poor potato with tendencies toward torp-itude?

You've almost gotten to X2 on your posts to battles ratio.

Members
4,821 posts
5,596 battles

Fubuki, Akatsuki, Kagero, and Yuugumo are all really good ships despite the reputation the IJN DD line has around here. Akatsuki and Yuugumo are the true gems of the IJN DD line.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,399 posts
2,387 battles

What, no one recommends Bacon?  Ooops.  I had to vote in my own poll before I could see the results.

And Seadog, when you hide your stats, you forfeit the right to comment on others'.

Edited by iDuckman

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles

Neither, the entire IJN DD line requires rebalancing or remake. They are all under performing under the current meta. This is from someone played Mutsuki religiously and have top 100 performance rating NA.

But if someone's holding a gun to you head and yells choose now. Go with Minekaze, Akizuki can be played like a t8 mini minotaur, which I find cute.

Edited by NeutralState

Members
638 posts
7,037 battles

OK, my two cents, but this is based on the old Minekaze or the Kamikaze I play now.

I'd go Minekaze. The detection range is the same. The Minekaze is faster. It's the fastest IJN ship until you get to the Shimakaze.

I like the flexibility of the 3 x 2 torpedo arrangement and I love to see red Mutsuki's because I know I can gun them down and they can't get away. 

Sign in to follow this