You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

The Awesome Dreaded 200% XP Day

200% XP  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Is the 200% XP worth the level of play?

• Yes
    • No

78 comments in this topic

[TF-64]
Members
372 posts
12,781 battles

If you're good enough, farm potatoes like crazy and carry for a win. If you're a potato, be carried to a win. If you're average (like I hope I am), contribute and reap win rewards. So ya, worth it. 

• Cool 3

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
263 posts
1,441 battles

With Camo's flags and premium? Hell yeah. I made almost 30k in total experience in my Alabama one game yesterday.

[SYN]
Members
14,439 posts
10,418 battles

Mount these, make it 500%

• Equal Speed Charlie London: +50% XP
  • Red Dragon: +100% XP
  • Hydra: +50% XP
  • Type 59: +200% XP
  • Cool 1

[KFL]
Members
689 posts
5,574 battles
1 minute ago, MrDeaf said:

Mount these, make it 500%

• Equal Speed Charlie London: +50% XP
  • Red Dragon: +100% XP
  • Hydra: +50% XP
  • Type 59: +200% XP

Sucks when your team fails and it's just a waste.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
14,439 posts
10,418 battles
2 minutes ago, pck3 said:

Sucks when your team fails and it's just a waste.

It only sucks when you get 0XP from detonation or internet issues.

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator
687 posts
251 battles

Forgive my still relative newness but I've never heard of a downside to bonus XP before.  What am I missing?

• Cool 2

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,044 posts
8,052 battles
12 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Forgive my still relative newness but I've never heard of a downside to bonus XP before.  What am I missing?

Because there are none. you're missing nothing.

• Cool 1

[OPEC]
Members
943 posts
5,108 battles

What kind of poll is this?  I thought Debbie Downer left Saturday Night Live years ago?

Of course it’s worth it.  Show a little perseverance and grind an extra game or two, if necessary.  I’m going to unlock another tier X this week because of the multiplier.  Oh God, I think I am going to have to buy it at a discount, too!  I wonder if there is a hidden downside to that?

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,940 battles

Only downside is Wargaming has not added and extra 0 to the 200% bonus yet lol. Imagine a weekend of that... Or better yet do it in the middle if the week.                                                                                                                                       I can just see it now school officials would be wondering why so many kids are suddenly staying home " because they are sick" if Wargaming had a 2000% bonus week lol.

Not sure why this has the sentences all weird since looks fine when I edit it and then it posts oddly?

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
1,857 posts
8,777 battles
23 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Games where the 11 other people on your team are sailing around in circles in your spawn.

• Cool 2

[FF]
Members
148 posts
5,845 battles
23 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

The better more experienced players don't want more new players to have tier x ships. They believe tier x to be a safe haven for only good players.

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Is the 200% XP worth the level of play?

I remember exactly 2 years ago, my Mogami getting torpedo salvoed by a friendly at point blank range before I even earned a single ribbon.  The team won the match so the exp bonus was COMPLETELY worthless.

Edited by Sventex

[-K-]
Supertester
5,153 posts
8,946 battles
3 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Games where the 11 other people on your team are sailing around in circles in your spawn.

No different than any other day. 

[OPEC]
Members
943 posts
5,108 battles
2 minutes ago, Sventex said:

I remember exactly 2 years ago, my Mogami getting torpedo salvoed by a friendly at point blank range before I even earned a single ribbon.  The team won the match so the exp bonus was COMPLETELY worthless.

That is rare, like a unicorn sighting.  Also, you have been able to get the bonus for more than one day...

Edited by delp5117

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
Just now, delp5117 said:

That is a rare, like a unicorn sighting.  Also, you have been able to get the bonus for more than one day...

I was busy that year so I didn't really have time to give all the ships I was grinding a chance at the bonus.

Members
1,866 posts
Just now, CaptainTeddybear said:

That happened in a game last night and we were in danger of being enveloped. I told them to move their asses and we won.

[OPEC]
Members
943 posts
5,108 battles
6 minutes ago, Sventex said:

I was busy that year so I didn't really have time to give all the ships I was grinding a chance at the bonus.

That’s fair, but people are always just locked in on the potential downside of everything.  If they’d just get out of their own way and enjoy the game good things can happen.

I personally had two monster games in Donskoi XP wise the  last two days and I will get Moskva in time for the sale because of it...

Edited by delp5117

[TF57]
Members
1,264 posts
3,933 battles

Don't you play co-op? Don't the enemy charge your spawn anyway? :cap_hmm:

I can't even imagine what a downside might be

This thread  is, if possible, even sillier than the "weekend teams" threads.  Apparently there are more bad players on these days (!) - like that is possible!

Well - if you are a good player, you can carry even harder! Reap even more wins, damage, and XP!  You can influence games even more as you are the best player!

The only drawback is if you are equal or worse than the potatoes who apparently come out on these days. Games will seem just as, if not more random, than ever, as you struggle with the "extra" potatoes, who farm you.  Only now you can come and whinge on the forum and have others agree with you to massage your ego.

• Boring 1

[WOLF2]
Members
884 posts
7,196 battles
26 minutes ago, delp5117 said:

What kind of poll is this?  I thought Debbie Downer left Saturday Night Live years ago?

Of course it’s worth it.  Show a little perseverance and grind an extra game or two, if necessary.  I’m going to unlock another tier X this week because of the multiplier.  Oh God, I think I am going to have to buy it at a discount, too!  I wonder if there is a hidden downside to that?

Agreed.   It was a nice boost (along with the myriad of flags obtained through Santa Crates) that got me my last 150k of fxp to get that shiny new Missouri.   And just a few games away from getting the XP to research the Montana (and discounted too!).   And just a few games away from researching and buying the Baltimore.

Oh yeah... a bang up way to finish 2017!

• Cool 1

[YAN]
Members
1,640 posts
7,466 battles
1 hour ago, Radar_X said:

Some believe that 200% bonus days encourage more "casual" players to play, so that the quality of their teams go down and they lose more, similar to the weekend warriors principle.