You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FC2_Gameface

So Who's in the "I got all the ships from the boxes" club?

26 comments in this topic

[CDMX]
Members
79 posts
8,121 battles

I finished it out with the one I wanted the most. Got the Kidd in the very last box I intended to buy. Spent just over $300.  3x 20 mega, 2x 5 mega, 3x 5 big.

I think the return this year was very close to last. People are just selectively remembering the high points and forgetting the oceans of Ocean Soul cammo from last year.

I went mostly with mega boxes because I value the special flags and the extra doubloons and they give you 2x on all that between the ship crates. 

I had a lot of the offerings going in as I spent considerably more last year, but here's what I got as far as ships:

De Grasse

Mustsu

Okhotnik

Gallant

Alabama

Gulio

Duca

Hood

Kamikaze

Kidd

Huanghe

Perth

Bought the Kii with doubloons

Members
1,864 posts
8,920 battles

From all the posts about this it appears this year the chance of getting a ship was inversely proportional to how many Premiums you already had.  

The theory before was it would automatically give you a different ship on the list but I don't think it was 100%.

[WJDC]
Members
1,239 posts
7,577 battles

I had a lot of prem to start with, and got all ones I did not have and no dupes and I did not get a Kidd or a Belfast, the only two I lack outside of carriers...

Members
710 posts

I got 24 ships in all, I already had Belfast, Atlanta, Sims, Warspite, Huanghe, Anshan and Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, I didn't get any duplicate because there is still 3 ships on the list of available ships from crates I don't have, namely Gremyashchy, Kamikaze and Tirpitz.

possible ships:

• Alabama
  • Kii
  • Kidd
  • Atlanta
  • Blyskawica
  • Indianapolis
  • Sims
  • Scharnhorst
  • Leningrad
  • Hood
  • Warspite
  • Anshan
  • Molotov
  • Arizona
  • Dunkerque
  • Perth
  • De Grasse
  • Duca d’Aosta
  • Mutsu
  • Gallant
  • Admiral Graf Spee
  • Huanghe
  • Giulio Cesare
  • Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya
  • Okhotnik
  • Gremyashchy
  • Kamikaze
  • Tirpitz
  • Kutuzov
  • Atago
  • Belfast
  • Lo Yang
  • Prinz Eugen
  • Nikolay 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,860 battles

Didn't get them ask but I got quite a few, including a couple I was really wanting including Kutozov, Mutsu, and Lowyang.

[CDMX]
Members
79 posts
8,121 battles
24 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Wow - That's a lot of money, but if you got what you wanted then congrats. Looks like you got a lot of fun on the seas ahead! :Smile_honoring:

It sets me for the year for premium time, doubloons, cammo and enough special flags to get the FXP I need for the upcoming premium that's replacing Missouri as well as grind captains and a few lines faster. The ships are a bonus. 

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,254 posts
7,771 battles

I bought 25 of the mega boxes and only got the gallant, had much better luck with the big boxes this year.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,247 posts

I needed 6 and got them all- one was even from a gift!

Kidd

Cesare

Duca

HuangHe

Kii.

Gallant

Only a handful of duplicates,  I was hoping for some USN duplicates, as I could use the 10 pt captains, but no dice.

The mountain of other loot was awesome.

edit: Forgot about Gallant.  I thought there was another DD, but all I could come up with was Vampire.

Edited by Fletcher7_1944

[PVE]
Members
1,607 posts
6,758 battles

Same here, no duplicates, got:

Pearth

Hood

Dunkerque

Gallant

Huanghe

Duca D'Acosta

Leningrad

Okhotnik

Issue for is I still do not have all of them, even though my port is full of Prem ships, still missing a couple and got another 20 days of being able to buy more boxes, if I so choose to fall off the wagon again.

Actually, it is not an issue, rather it scares the hell out of me, my wallet, my bank.........

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,850 posts
1,332 battles

Yeah, got everything possible from boxes that I didn't already have.  Even Belfast, Gremy, and Nikolai.  

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Members
449 posts
1,962 battles

I just needed Kidd, Gremy, Kamikaze and Nikolay I and got them all from one purchase of the medium, red, 20 pack. My gf got them all too, required more purchases as she didn't have many to start off with. Saved a fortune, for real, getting them from boxes than picking them up other times a year.

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

From boxes:

Molotov

Sims

Leningrad

Duca d'Aosta

Gallant

Dunkerque

Mutsu

De Grasse

Prinz Eugen

With the Doubloons I got from the Boxes I bought two ships from the tech tree

Giulio Cesare

Alabama

With Christmas gift cards from the family used the 1:35 XP conversion to push me over the top to get

Missouri

From a Santa box I got from one of the DoY Campaigns

Anshan

All in all... no complaints

[BSL]
Members
740 posts
14,560 battles
On 12/28/2017 at 12:54 PM, b101uk said:

I got 24 ships in all, I already had Belfast, Atlanta, Sims, Warspite, Huanghe, Anshan and Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, I didn't get any duplicate because there is still 3 ships on the list of available ships from crates I don't have, namely Gremyashchy, Kamikaze and Tirpitz.

possible ships:

• Alabama
  • Kii
  • Kidd
  • Atlanta
  • Blyskawica
  • Indianapolis
  • Sims
  • Scharnhorst
  • Leningrad
  • Hood
  • Warspite
  • Anshan
  • Molotov
  • Arizona
  • Dunkerque
  • Perth
  • De Grasse
  • Duca d’Aosta
  • Mutsu
  • Gallant
  • Admiral Graf Spee
  • Huanghe
  • Giulio Cesare
  • Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya
  • Okhotnik
  • Gremyashchy
  • Kamikaze
  • Tirpitz
  • Kutuzov
  • Atago
  • Belfast
  • Lo Yang
  • Prinz Eugen
  • Nikolay 1

That would explain why I got 6 Gallants in a row.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles

Well, I got a ton of ships this year. Way more than I expected to. My very 1st Santa box was a ship actually (Gallant) and my 4th box was as well (Alabama) so I started out hot. I even had a 5 ship score on a 20 pack of $3 boxes. Had a 3 ship out of 20 score too ($5 boxes). I spent way too much on Santa boxes this year though because of the luck I was having. Keeps making me go back. I got a 20 pack of $1 boxes today and got another ship. I even got a ship from a pack of 5 $1 boxes sent to me as a gift. LOL At least I got plenty of value for what I spent, tons of value actually, but oy did I spend. If you want to talk about whales; I am the MobyDick of this years' Santa boxes LOL. 

Not only did I score big on ships but I got a year + of Premium time between the 180 day one I pulled and all the 30 day ones (it's 7 or 8), I got over 50K Doubloons, and 200K+ Free XP (helped me get Missouri) as well as enough flags and camo to last forever I think. So the only complaint I have is with my own lack of will power.

As to did I get what I wanted for ships? Well after last year when all I got was Emden (3 of the stupid things) I just wanted to get a "good" ship. I can check that off for sure. I wanted Alabama the most when I saw the list of the ships available and as said ^^^ got it in the 4th crate. Was also very happy to get a Kutuzov. Belfast was the only other ship I hoped for but so far no joy and I am trying not to buy more. No duplicates technically but do feel I got one and wish they had thought of this so it wouldn't happen. I have the HSF Graf Spee but got a regular one in a box. That really is a duplicate but is not treated as such as one is HSF and one isn't. IMO this should be a duplicate.

Also, while I am not trying to sound ungrateful or anything I got a LOT of ships I have zero desire to play. Can't count the times a ship crate appeared and I got stoked hoping to see Belfast only to have another darn DD pop up. Good lord I must have got almost every DD they were doing and I do not play DD's. I also got Mutsu which I had no desire to get. Got Okt Rev too which is kind of meh. But did get quite a few I was happy to get.

At least with the ones I don't like I can sell them for millions of credits (once all the ship sales end so I get full value) and make use of the port slot and Capt's elsewhere (man my reserves are over flowing with 10pt Capt's now LOL). So even though I am not thrilled with so many DD's and such it was still a really good haul and value for me and I know how lucky I was to get so many so not really complaining. 

I only had 4 Premium ships in port before the Santa boxes started. I had Hood, Tirpitz, HSF Graf Spee, and Vampire. I now have the following that I got in a Santa box plus I was able to get Missouri by using the Free XP and Doubloons I got in the Santa boxes (in my port order not received)...

• Mutsu (might sell)
  • Arizona
  • Sims (selling)
  • Atlanta
  • Kidd (selling)
  • Alabama
  • Missouri
  • Okhotnik (selling)
  • Okt Rev
  • Leningrad (selling)
  • Kutuzov
  • Admiral Graf Spee (selling)
  • Scharnhorst
  • Gallant (selling)
  • Blyskawica (might be the only DD I keep - historical and family reasons - but probably sell)
  • Anshan (selling)
  • De Grasse
  • Giulio Cesare
  • Duca d'Aosta
  • Perth

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Beta Testers
1,054 posts
13,833 battles

Already had everything on the list except Huanghe and Kii and received both of them in boxes.

[4HIM]
Members
1,805 posts
4,086 battles

One bote (Gallant), a few boxes of dubs, the rest junk flags and camo.  Santa crates I got were hit hard by the Grinch bat.  Total waste of money for me.