You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TheURLconspiracy

So why is the black being focused again?

10 comments in this topic

Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
34 posts
8,876 battles

So while browsing the wiki i had this question about the Black, Fletcher and Chung Mu and wanted to know others opinion on this.

Fletcher 
- 17100 hp
- 10.5km torps and can hit DDs / 66kts /1.4km detec (19033 dmg)
- does not get focused for no reason
-  USN smoke 
- can trade speed boost for def aa

Black 
- 17100 hp
- 13.7km torps
- torps can hit DDs and are 43kts(slower than sims torp mines) / 0.9km torp detec (21600 dmg)
- gets focused  for no reason 
- USN smoke
- can trade smoke for def aa  or radar (20 sec or 28 sec if radar mod)
-always has speed boost 

Chung mu 
- 17100 hp
- 10.5km torps cant hit dds / 66kts  /0.8km torp detec   (19033 dmg)
- once smoke fades the smoke charge comes off cool down it can smoke up again and has 6 charges
- can use radar if trades smoke (17 secs or 24 if radar mod)
- even sneaker than Black and Fletcher (5.66 km surface  to fletcher and blacks 5.81km)
- does not get focused for no reason
-always uses speed boost

So why is the black being focused is it because the user has hit rank 1 over 5 seasons? literally anyone else in that match could have also. is it because CC's said it "was" OP in the past? Im just wondering why every game i see "Focus the black" every time there is a black in game.

[SF-A]
Members
2,902 posts
5,722 battles

It has less to do with the ship, and more to do with the necessarily skilled captain behind it.

[RKN]
Members
652 posts
7,521 battles

As the one said from above... Totally agree...

As someone obtained Black on Ranked Battles... We know it is a skilled captain... So most of my teammates just starts focus firing Black on the opposing team...
(Not just black also... Flint (aka Atlanta) too)

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,011 posts
7,530 battles

The odds are that the Black has an exceptional driver, one who could on his own take all 12 of you, whilst playing Bingo with Grandma. Therefore, it's the most dangerous ship, therefore, it has to get obliterated immediately, and the only way to do it is if everyone lets go the instant it's found.

Totally fine with me, I get to live, sneak around you, and send torps up your backsides. Totally legit, works for me.

• Cool 1

[WOLFK]
[WOLFK]
Members
110 posts
12,929 battles
8 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

The odds are that the Black has an exceptional driver, one who could on his own take all 12 of you, whilst playing Bingo with Grandma. Therefore, it's the most dangerous ship, therefore, it has to get obliterated immediately, and the only way to do it is if everyone lets go the instant it's found.

It get focused for very good reasons...    1. Exactly that :Smile_great:    2. The ship is marginally OP with smoke and radar (same as the Belfast) thus is a general pain in the [edited] to see on the other side so it must be erased as fast as possible. 

[-I-]
Members
147 posts
2,737 battles

Uhm the Wiki is wrong (again).

The Black is focused so much because it can equio both Radar and Smoke (unlesss I missed a patch that changed it in the last 4 months).

This combination makes it a very scary and dangerous ship for enemy destroyers.

The smoke is in 1 slot and the other slot is shared between radar, speed boost and defensive AA as you can see in this video,

Edited by tmGrunty

[WSSF]
Members
9 posts
4,128 battles

Its mostly the smoke and radar imo. If u don't kill it he'll smoke, radar ur teams DD, and wreck them. And since its a ranked battle reward unlike other OP ships, the odds of the driver being bad is pretty small, so he probably will wreck ur DDs

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,355 battles
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:40 AM, TheURLconspiracy said:

- gets focused  for no reason 

nonsense

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:40 AM, TheURLconspiracy said:

can trade smoke for def aa  or radar (20 sec or 28 sec if radar mod)

and now you know why; all radar ships must die. they ALWAYS get focused first, it's survival.

The Pan-Asian DD's also get focused at this tier; luckily they run away very well.

Members
1,881 posts
9,101 battles
On 12/28/2017 at 11:40 AM, TheURLconspiracy said:

So why is the black being focused is it because the user has hit rank 1 over 5 seasons? literally anyone else in that match could have also. is it because CC's said it "was" OP in the past? Im just wondering why every game i see "Focus the black" every time there is a black in game.

As was pointed out you missed the Radar. All ships that have both Smoke and Radar are considered OP.

Members
1,551 posts
8,274 battles

Hey

Great video, that was fun to watch.  Most people don't like it, not that the ship is broken BUT because their not good enough to earn it.  Too bad for them, LOL.

Pete