You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
S842

Missouri removal

21 comments in this topic

Members
176 posts
15,568 battles

I read that the Missouri is to be removed from the game and replaced with a different ship (Japanese I believe).  I was hoping to acquire sufficient experience to acquire the Missouri, so does anyone know when this is to happen?

Members
3,416 posts
8,276 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-0615-let-it-snow/

Bring Home Mighty Mo

Now's your chance to pick up the US tier IX USS Missouri for in-game Free XP -- she's departing on release of Update 0.7.2 as we roll out a new tier IX battleship that can be acquired with Free XP. We decided two ships occupying the same niche at the time is one too many. Get grinding, you can still get Missouri for about two more months.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,804 posts
10,590 battles
1 minute ago, S842 said:

I read that the Missouri is to be removed from the game and replaced with a different ship (Japanese I believe).  I was hoping to acquire sufficient experience to acquire the Missouri, so does anyone know when this is to happen?

I am pretty sure it will be at patch/update 7.2 which is supposed to be here in about 2 months. Not too long so if you want Mighty Mo concentrate on getting it whie you can. I got it a couple days ago. Great ship.

The new T9 Premium Free XP ship will be the IJN BB Musashi which is basically a nerfed Yamato.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,590 posts
8,995 battles
5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I am pretty sure it will be at patch/update 7.2 which is supposed to be here in about 2 months. Not too long so if you want Mighty Mo concentrate on getting it whie you can. I got it a couple days ago. Great ship.

The new T9 Premium Free XP ship will be the IJN BB Musashi which is basically a nerfed Yamato.

QFT, the Mighty Mo prints credits, 500k is normal and 1 million is not out of reach in a good first win, and is a great US BB captain trainer. It is fairly safe to assume that the Musashi will be the Japanese equivalent.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,665 posts
3,815 battles

People keep comparing the Musashi to the Yamato and consider it bad, but just compare it to the Izumo....then suddenly the Musashi is fantastic.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,951 battles

Just hope the Musashi prints credits like the Missouri since I may or may not get the last 139,000 Free XP collected in time.

My supplies of special Camo, Flags, and Premium Time are starting to run low now.

[OPEC]
Members
944 posts
5,108 battles

Don’t forget that you can covert free XP at a discount right now if you need to.

Santa boxes are also good for camo and flags.

Edited by delp5117

[PVE]
Members
9,567 posts
7,461 battles
9 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Just hope the Musashi prints credits like the Missouri since I may or may not get the last 139,000 Free XP collected in time.

My supplies of special Camo, Flags, and Premium Time are starting to run low now.

7 minutes ago, delp5117 said:

Don’t forget that you can covert free XP at a discount right now if you need to.

Santa boxes are also good for camo and flags.

Oh yeah, at the 1:35 FXP sale right now, 139k old XP converted to FXP would be 3,972 doubloons. That is $19.15 if you bought 3972 in the any doubloons option in the premium shop. Almost as important, the upgrade modules are on sale for 60% off, so I upgraded all the modules on my Missouri for 2.75M, when the slot 6 module usually cost 3M by itself.

BTW, ports are on sale for 75 doubloons each, which is 4 for the normal price of one.

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,951 battles

Yeah I am out of Doubloons as well, was able to get close to 60k Free XP converted. But I can't buy anymore Doubloons right now since just got a working computer to play WOWs on again. And it would take 3,972 Doubloons to get the rest converted to Free XP at the moment. :Smile_sad:

[OPEC]
Members
944 posts
5,108 battles

Yep - the module bonus right now is awesome.  I’m getting multiple ships outfitted that were bought, but not ready to go!

[OPEC]
Members
944 posts
5,108 battles
23 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Grind as many games as you can for the 200% first win bonus and that should help!

Members
3,416 posts
8,276 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Oh yeah, at the 1:35 FXP sale right now, 139k old XP converted to FXP would be 3,972 doubloons. That is $19.15 if you bought 3972 in the any doubloons option in the premium shop. Almost as important, the upgrade modules are on sale for 60% off, so I upgraded all the modules on my Missouri for 2.75M, when the slot 6 module usually cost 3M by itself.

BTW, ports are on sale for 75 doubloons each, which is 4 for the normal price of one.

About port slots on sale; port slots come with all premium ships and more come in containers.  At this point, I've got 48 fully upgraded ships and 38 vacant port slots.  Accumulated slots can't be resold later. 

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,951 battles
40 minutes ago, delp5117 said:

Grind as many games as you can for the 200% first win bonus and that should help!

Yeah I have been making good use of the 200% bonus and the premium time they gave us since Christmas. That's the reason certain flags and special camo are starting to runnlow for me since I make the best possible use of Free XP Flags and camo by using them when given free premium time and there are XP bonuses. It's the reason I even have 521,000 Free XP earned  since Gebuary when I started playing WOWs.

Rest of the time I just try to save up Flags and special camo for the next time. 

Thankfully I am doing ok as far as port slots go thanks to a kind/ generous player gifting me some port slots out of the Blue as a very pleasant and unexpected gift.

Doubloons are what are hard to get a hold of since unlike World of Tanks Blitz, WOWs does not give opportunities for earning free gold much at all. Been trying to keep an eye on Forum for contests I can enter and actually win, but so far only won Doubloons from 1 of them and the Doubloons you get at Rank 11 in Ranked battles in couple of seasons.

Members
1,296 posts
21,024 battles

Get it if you even think you might want it - and it's free.  And then it's gone, not even in the tech tree.

I sure regret not buying the Kutuzov - now it's gone.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,665 posts
3,815 battles
29 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Get it if you even think you might want it - and it's free.  And then it's gone, not even in the tech tree.

I sure regret not buying the Kutuzov - now it's gone.

You only have the chance of getting it from the Santa crates, got mine from those recently.

[YENKO]
Members
2 posts
807 battles

I came here looking for a date. guessing “2months” would put us around 2/25/18? Theres slim chance ill get it. Its always been my goal.

Members
3,468 posts
6,162 battles

I would need 390K F EXP to get the Missouri and I would like to print credits as I am always around $40-$50 Mil.  I have 900K Elite captain XP from my Bismark captain but would need to buy $100 of doubloons to convert them into F EXP....

9 minutes ago, YENKO454 said:

I came here looking for a date. guessing “2months” would put us around 2/25/18?

Good approximation - just got 0.7.0 this week and probably 2 weeks for 0.7.1 and 2 weeks after that for 0.7.2 (patches are released on Tuesdays I think) so the next patch might be as early as the 13th but could be as late as the 20th.  They do announce in advance so you should have advanced warning.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles
On 12/28/2017 at 12:50 PM, Vader_Sama said:

People keep comparing the Musashi to the Yamato and consider it bad, but just compare it to the Izumo....then suddenly the Musashi is fantastic.

Finally, someone puts the ship into the proper perspective.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles
On 12/28/2017 at 2:30 PM, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah I am out of Doubloons as well, was able to get close to 60k Free XP converted. But I can't buy anymore Doubloons right now since just got a working computer to play WOWs on again. And it would take 3,972 Doubloons to get the rest converted to Free XP at the moment. :Smile_sad:

Merry Christmas mate, check you doubloons now.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
9,567 posts
7,461 battles
1 minute ago, crzyhawk said:

Merry Christmas mate, check you doubloons now.

:Smile_honoring::Smile_medal: