You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WestStar755

Complaints and Match Making needs to changed

28 comments in this topic

[1NJS]
Members
3 posts
13,922 battles

First off let me say I really like WoWS. 2nd MM needs to be fixed. The past two months have been bad to me ever since I have had two players tell me in private chat that the gave me the rest of there Plays Poorly to me. I looked at the team score and Both of them did not survive and finished lower than me. My job I have for the past 19 and half years (In the restaurant business) dealing with costumers face to face and have learned a lot about costumer relations. We also have a phone center where they call up and complain and I know what the differences are in there job and mine. I have really learn to hold back my judgement back so I can make the right decisions. OK back  to to the point I want to make. Dealing withe people face to face you get more honest feedback than you would talking to to them over the phone. So if they can't see you the will tell you all kinds of things just to get something for free and that's where 90% of are complaints come from. On my end it's only about 3% the other 7% are legit complaints for face to face and on the phone.

This is one way I think the complaints can be fixed. Remove Plays Poorly as an option and leave everything else alone. Because I know more people complain then they would compliment someone. I know that from my job. And this might be away to fix MM but I don't know if the complaints and compliments figured in with MM process.

The MM is a hard one I know but I thought about this for a few days and not sure if War Gaming can do this. Maybe every 30 days or so MM should clear everyone's stats so that everyone starts of with clean record and everyone starts off 50/50.

I know and prepared to get salty remarks from people that like to complain so please keep it clean.

My salty remark is you know what a picture does. Some of this is my fault but not all the 90%

shot-17_12.28_03_29.16-0180.thumb.jpg.d92cf94b3b3affc832c11a18527ef77c.jpg

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
3,479 posts
5,755 battles

Thank you for your contribution and welcome to WoWs forums!

Let me start by saying that you don't need to take these complaints too seriously. You don't have to play poorly to receive complaints and unreasonable flames, you just have to play in a way that people may find incorrect --- to say nothing about the actual skill displayed --- which happens like, all the time.

They are not your restaurant customers that at least have some incentive or motivation to encourage you to improve, these are faceless people on the internet feeling confident that they can say whatever they want and can (and mostly will) get away with it. True, judging from other factors every player has room for improvement, and I would say even more so for you, but other's complaints shouldn't be among the criteria for your judgment.

Your usage of the phrase MM is a little confusing. Many of us here refer MM as the tiers of ships being thrown into the same match, not players of different skill levels since there's zero evidence so far about skill based matchmaking in World of Warships. Don't worry too much about stats in this sense, it doesn't affect what kind of opponent you may face.

[PVE]
Members
5,656 posts
18,247 battles

Yeah don't sweat karma, it is no big deal. There are lots of very good players here who have crap karma scores. The only advantage to having a high karma score is you can give out more compliments/reports and that is it. In another thread someone mentioned that if one person reports you say 4 times from the same match, you only lose one point. It takes multiple players reporting you to lose more than the one point. Not sure how true that is, Wargaming hasn't really explained it very well.

The best thing to do when you are trolled post game is to Blacklist the offending player. I never engage if someone starts a PM with me about how terrible a player I am. I just blacklist which mutes them permanently and go on with my life. If you are getting trolled in the match, just mute them and if warranted, report them for misbehavior in chat.

As a potato player I say no to clearing the stats. They are what they are, raw data and nothing more.  

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

When my karma gets above FIVE I grow concerned. What the heck did I do to warrant attaboys from the team? Dunno. :cap_viking:

Blacklisting is good but I don't know any of us are absolutely sure what it does... would be good if you didn't encounter them again but I don't think it works that way. Someone told me it just mutes them if you encounter them again. Which is a plus. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,541 posts
7,555 battles

Hey WestStar,

First, as others will say, don't get down on what other trolls have to say about your play.. Someone will always find fault with what you do, and if they feel like they need to bring it back to port and message you, just don't answer, and block them. You don't have time for that. They are losers only trying to make their self-esteem go up a tick by berating someone else.

As for the play stats, you are fine, just play more!  You've got a good avg damage, and you main gun accuracy is right in line with the tier you play. Keep playing!  That 10% Win rate is only 10 battles, just think, 10 win's and it will be a 50%!

Once you've hit 3000, 5000 battles, it gets hard to affect your stats.  For you now, I would advise just don't worry about it and play.

Also, play with your clan members, divisioning up will help your play, and learning.  If your clan doesn't div up often, find a new clan.

Finally, I don't think WG is going to change the reporting system until they actually define for us what it effects. Getting multiple "Misbehavior in Chat" in the same game, will get you an auto-response in the form of a 24hr chat ban. But, as far as I know, "Plays Poorly" does nothing but lower your karma points. Which to date, has no effect.  Poor karma isn't related to MM. 

You took that screenshot when the player count was really low, and playing tier 5 and 6 at times of low players can get you some pretty bad MM.. You will pretty much always be low tier.

Keep it up. It gets better.  GLHF.

Spoiler

Wow, you got a lot of Premium time! :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,426 battles

I don't give much credence to the karma system anymore. I've seen mine go up when I thought I wasn't playing well and go to zero in a week when I thought I was doing good. I always compliment the guys on my team that do well and the red guy who gets me. Only time I give someone a negative karma is if they misbehave in chat like cussing or deriding another player.

[CK5]
Members
806 posts
6,592 battles

I don't know what to tell you, WestStar, except welcome to the club.  Yesterday I played a match in which I had 82k damage, three kills, was third on our team leader board in a win - and lost a Karma point.  I have no idea what the down vote was about because I received no feedback, but the same nonsense happens at least once a week.  I try to concentrate on things I can control in the game and ignore Karma.

Short response, try to ignore the trolls and enjoy the game.  The trolls will always be there so don't let them get you down. 

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,047 posts
10,486 battles

The only two constructive uses for stats are to measure your own performance over time ( some like to do this, others don't care ) and to show your skill level to a prospective clan that is interested in competitive play.  Obviously the people that look at stats for self improvement are looking for just that, improvement in all relevant stats over time.  Competitive clans will look at your overall stats ( the stats from when you started ) but are most focused on your last 90 days and the tiers you played in them ( they don't care about your tier 4 Orion seal clubbing as an example ). 

Comments about your poor play matter to no one but you, because no one else is looking at them.  If I mark someone down for poor play or unsportsmanlike play, I try to also commend someone on either my team or the opposing team to mentally balance the effect.  Ultimately your long term karma will improve as you get better at the game, but it's still just for your own feedback - it's not a part of any publicly shown system.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,417 posts
9,606 battles

Silly story from last night.

My Atlanta was pummeling an Iowa (stuck on a beach) to get my 200 hits in for a campaign task.  Enemy Baltimore comes in on my flank and deletes me with a couple well placed salvoes..  but I got my 200 in, and the Iowa burns down - sunk.

Iowa op starts cussing out the Baltimore driver in (ALL) chat.  I chimed in to his defense back in (ALL) chat.

Well. I thought that was the last of it, and we were down on points, 3 minutes to go. 

We had 3 cruisers, and they were left with only one... cruiser.. yes.. it.. is .. that.. Baltimore.

All he had to do was run away and they would win.....

....  I'm guessing the salt got pretty thick over on the red side .....

Here charges the Baltimore -- gets cut down with 30 seconds left in the game.  Surprise win...

Lessons to be learned here:  That operator you are taking your frustrations out on has a limit too.  Push someone too far and -- this -- will happen.

[-FUA-]
Members
45 posts
6,994 battles

I hope this gets to the folks who put together the campaigns and what to do, how to complete each to get and advance to get the prizes.  I am not a carrier captain.  I am not a destroyer captain.  In the New Year Raid campaign, Mission 3, you must get 4 stars.  There are only 3 tasks to do.  A single, single and double star.  There fore you MUST DO ALL THE TASKS TO ADVANCE.  No way around.  Task 3 ok.  The first  and second require a DD.  Oh SH*jT!  ONLY RANDOM or ranked battles (I hate those since I only ave 40% wins).  This is getting worse and worse.  One is sink 5 DDs.  crap.  I sink DDs with BBs and cruisers.  the other is impossible - 6 torps AND WIN THE BATTLE.  forget it.   I have been playing these 2 impossible tasks and getting my @$$ handed to me battle after battle, day after day.  To wargaming.net and the idiots, pant loads, turd on the table tops - this is to be entertainment - not throw your fist through the monitor gaming.  True, it should be a challenge and those that complete the campaigns should feel they accomplished something important.  But just total frustrating failure is not it.   I have rediscovered train sim.  Thank you.  The worse is popping a knuckle or not making the time table.  OOOOhhhh.  I have rediscovered other single player games and started looking at SW battle front II PC.  Yes, they would love my money too.  Think about it  folks.  Oh, for those fools that have nothing helpful to provide in replying  (i.e., DDs rule or "play better", or "practice more" - yes I have been getting lots lately thank you - I still suck DD - sunk 6 times this AM so far), please don't add to my frustration and anger.  So my suggestion is to always provide an out for those much older players (60 years old and retired with slower reflects and minds who prefer bots and retired from a shipyard and love ships and have loads of war stories).  You didn't provide an out on this campaign.  Yes ijt takes longer in Co-Op, but it is much more fun than getting your @$$ blown out of the water in 2 min in random.  I want fun, not so angry that I turn off my PC and start reading a book (yes they still exist youngsters).  Wonder if anyone in WG.net will really read this.

• Cool 1

[1NJS]
Members
3 posts
13,922 battles

jebbook I think hit it pretty close to how I feel. This is suppose to be fun and it has been for up until the last two months. I have been working on the campaign The battle of the North Cape mission 1 task 5, I I'm 3 for 15 in the Duke of York Getting more than 20 each battle. I have not survived the 3 wins. This is the kind of frustration a lot of us are having.

4 hours ago, jebbook said:

I hope this gets to the folks who put together the campaigns and what to do, how to complete each to get and advance to get the prizes.  I am not a carrier captain.  I am not a destroyer captain.  In the New Year Raid campaign, Mission 3, you must get 4 stars.  There are only 3 tasks to do.  A single, single and double star.  There fore you MUST DO ALL THE TASKS TO ADVANCE.  No way around.  Task 3 ok.  The first  and second require a DD.  Oh SH*jT!  ONLY RANDOM or ranked battles (I hate those since I only ave 40% wins).  This is getting worse and worse.  One is sink 5 DDs.  crap.  I sink DDs with BBs and cruisers.  the other is impossible - 6 torps AND WIN THE BATTLE.  forget it.   I have been playing these 2 impossible tasks and getting my @$$ handed to me battle after battle, day after day.  To wargaming.net and the idiots, pant loads, turd on the table tops - this is to be entertainment - not throw your fist through the monitor gaming.  True, it should be a challenge and those that complete the campaigns should feel they accomplished something important.  But just total frustrating failure is not it.   I have rediscovered train sim.  Thank you.  The worse is popping a knuckle or not making the time table.  OOOOhhhh.  I have rediscovered other single player games and started looking at SW battle front II PC.  Yes, they would love my money too.  Think about it  folks.  Oh, for those fools that have nothing helpful to provide in replying  (i.e., DDs rule or "play better", or "practice more" - yes I have been getting lots lately thank you - I still suck DD - sunk 6 times this AM so far), please don't add to my frustration and anger.  So my suggestion is to always provide an out for those much older players (60 years old and retired with slower reflects and minds who prefer bots and retired from a shipyard and love ships and have loads of war stories).  You didn't provide an out on this campaign.  Yes ijt takes longer in Co-Op, but it is much more fun than getting your @$$ blown out of the water in 2 min in random.  I want fun, not so angry that I turn off my PC and start reading a book (yes they still exist youngsters).  Wonder if anyone in WG.net will really read this.

jebbook thanks for the reply

[-FUA-]
Members
45 posts
6,994 battles

Update for Satuday, Dec 29, 2017.  I now have 7 DDs tier 6 up to 8 that are eligible for these 2 reqired tasks.  I have played 18 ranked battles today on this.  6 straight losses in a row was worst.  More losses than victories.  ONLY 2 DDs SUNK.  Need 3 more.  I did get 3 torps in one game only.  Who cares if it was a win or loss.  Need 6-THEN worry about a win.  I am trying out the be the first stupid idiot to see AN ENEMY BB before being sunk by the enemy dds and cruisers.  I am up to 10.  WOW FOLKS.  WOW.  It only took me 6 battles.  I got 3 in one.  Most 1 each battle.  [edited]BLOWN out of the water EVERY TIME.  Wargaming - you suck.  Just showing you my love for your campaign design.  I am thinking that the rewards are not worth the "wonderful good will you are generating this holiday season".  Unhappy new year to you.  very unhappy.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
On 12/29/2017 at 1:04 PM, jebbook said:

You know that the campaigns  mission tasks can be repeated right? you get the reward once but the stars keep coming, pick an easy one and repeat it.however many times you need stars.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,310 battles
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 4:26 AM, WestStar755 said:

First off let me say I really like WoWS.

That is a great place to start, and here are my 2 cents which I hope you will find useful. When playing WoW it is good to be like a Rhino: Be tough and endure, be strong and hit hard, and have a very, very thick skin.

Good Luck, Have Fun, and see you in a match! 07!

[ERN]
Members
605 posts
8,301 battles

I agree! WG really needs to fix it, especially since I've been repeatedly been placed in teams that are slaughtered by an OP enemy team that usually has little or no casualties to the point that it's seriously effecting my W/L stats.

Members
1,251 posts
9,022 battles

complaining about MM is loser talk....I hate to put it that way but that's the case...and if you're not enjoying it, by all means do what I do...take a break or quit....there's plenty more constructive ways to kill time b4 it kills you......people just seem to insist on unhappiness and [edited] about it bcos they think complaining works....it don't

[ERN]
Members
605 posts
8,301 battles
53 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

complaining about MM is loser talk....

Oh really? Why don't you sail around the Isle with the teams that I've been repeated stuck with before you make such insults.

Members
1,251 posts
9,022 battles

I apologize if it seemed an insult...I'm just trying to point out the facts...I own my win rate, good or not...like I've said elsewhere, the only thing your fail teams have in common is YOU....(or ME too)....it's a mathematical certitude.

...do you really think MM is out to get you?....that's ludicrous

[ERN]
Members
605 posts
8,301 battles
12 hours ago, commodore_torakula said:

I apologize if it seemed an insult...I'm just trying to point out the facts...I own my win rate, good or not...like I've said elsewhere, the only thing your fail teams have in common is YOU....(or ME too)....it's a mathematical certitude.

...do you really think MM is out to get you?....that's ludicrous

No need to apologize. It's just that I've been experiencing a lot of matches where they placed all the inexperienced/not so skilled players on one team, and all the experienced/pro players on the other with the result being absolute carnage to the low skill team and almost no losses to the other. Am I an amateur... of course not... but it's like the MM wants me (as well as a couple more players) to carry the weight of the entire team to victory and I can do only so much to try and even the odds when of course we all have our limits. What I believe should be done to sole the problem for the match maker is to not only group ships of similar classes against one-another, but also even the odds for both teams by better distributing both amateur/pro players equally amongst those said teams. (Also for the last statement you made where you said if I think the MM is out to get me... 2/20 matches with the result of a victory as an average day for the past few weeks due to the situation I just described does sort of describe it). 

Members
1,251 posts
9,022 battles

stacking players with similar WR on each team makes sense, but doesn't just the random chance of being on a good/bad team already take care of that?...I don't know, but that's the way I see it...we all have hot and cold streaks, but if you went 2-18 I can see where you'd be concerned....that's worse than random chance should allow...

Members
260 posts
3,447 battles

I would say a good star would be nerf the HE shells to setting ships on fire to 10%....other than that I am ok with everything else...

[H-W-C]
Members
1,262 posts
3,355 battles
2 hours ago, AngelOfWarAndDeath said:

I would say a good star would be nerf the HE shells to setting ships on fire to 10%....other than that I am ok with everything else...

That would be a buff for most destroyers :/

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
577 posts
4,635 battles

Welp, when MM puts 3 Missouris on one team, and 2 Iowas and a Fat Freddy on the other, pretty hard to defend MM as being anything remotely 'fair and balanced'.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,310 battles
15 hours ago, YukonHunter said:

Welp, when MM puts 3 Missouris on one team, and 2 Iowas and a Fat Freddy on the other, pretty hard to defend MM as being anything remotely 'fair and balanced'.

Gotta agree with this; way back when there was supposed to be a change to MM which would automatically split up the same kinds of ships to make the game more balanced. It was implemented, and worked surprisingly well; then we had a new update and it all went back to crap.

• Cool 1