You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Raigoth

Two things

7 comments in this topic

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
267 posts
1,446 battles

First, Ive come to the conclusion that the Alabama is pretty much a mini Missouri when it comes to XP and Silver. 

Second, until today I didnt think it was possible to Citadel a Tirpitz. I did it in my Alabama and now consider it a personal achievement.

[TG-38]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,280 posts
7,342 battles

'Bama is a great ship. Great maneuverability, fast guns, fast turret speed.

The only downside is the slower shell speed, but it can clear King Kong peaks with its higher arc, and once you get the longer lead figured out, you can break things. Do not bow camp in it, this should be played like a battle cruiser imho. Great ship, breaks my heart to see tomatoes play it like they do the NC (which is also ... nm)

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,753 posts
3,490 battles

The German BBs can be citadeled from range or at very close range. Far away its a lot of luck.

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
267 posts
1,446 battles
11 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

The German BBs can be citadeled from range or at very close range. Far away its a lot of luck.

If I remember correctly, it was at about 12-15km

[HINON]
Supertester
19,289 posts
12,830 battles
1 hour ago, Raigoth said:

If I remember correctly, it was at about 12-15km

Sounds about right. At those ranges the turtleback is least effective and the angle of shot can go right through, if you hit the ship in the right place. It's RNG but doable.

Members
18,366 posts
5,247 battles
5 hours ago, Raigoth said:

Second, until today I didnt think it was possible to Citadel a Tirpitz. I did it in my Alabama and now consider it a personal achievement.

Funny you mention that. Played a game in Hindy last night, and got a cit on a Tirpitz at about 10km, while pummeling his superstructure. That certainly gave me pause for a second lol.

Maybe it's a KM vs. KM thing. Also got a cit on a Gneisenau at about the same range, but bow on, with a Konig....

Members
1,062 posts
4,736 battles
6 hours ago, Raigoth said:

First, Ive come to the conclusion that the Alabama is pretty much a mini Missouri when it comes to XP and Silver. 

At range the turtleback is useless to plunging fire.