You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KinoMyu

[ALL] High School Fleet - Koko/Mei/Maron voiceovers

13 comments in this topic

Modder
86 posts
4,887 battles

0.7.0 comes with new commander voices, this time in the form of Koko, Mei, Maron, and Moeka (the quality's a bit questionable on Moeka's recording). This mod will add the voiceover options "Koko", "Mei", and "Maron" to your audio settings under "Voiceover Modication".

Differences between this and the official version:

- Anti-air and scouting request lines

- Smoke generator finished line

Preview:

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/a5jiner5gte695o/KokoMeiMaron.zip

To install:

Extract the .zip file into the WoWS\res_mods\CURRENT_VERSION folder such that the folder structure looks like ...\res_mods\CURRENT_VERSION\banks

Also make sure that the ...\res\banks folder does NOT contain the Languages or OfficialMods folders, as their presence will disable all VO mods, including official ones like Steven Seagal.

Edited by KinoMyu
  • Cool 5

[HAIFU]
[HAIFU]
Members
86 posts
3,751 battles

Yassss ^_^

Many thanks, and an upvote, for you! Now they just need to add the rest of the Harekaze crew to the voice-overs :3 xoxo

Spoiler

1463319313348.png

Edited by MilonRouge

Members
5 posts
7 battles

It took me 3 hours to finish the same VO mod, from learning to unpack, editing batch file to distribute VO files since I think that Sound Mod Creator is awkward, and 1 more hour to check and fix batch codes. Then 2 hours after I shared the mod including Moeka's VO to my friends your version released omg ..

May I ask if any tools or ways more efficient to make VO mods? Since we know that framework of folders could be hard to deal with. Thank you for sharing.

Edited by EpisodeSane

Modder
86 posts
4,887 battles
5 hours ago, EpisodeSane said:

It took me 3 hours to finish the same VO mod, from learning to unpack, editing batch file to distribute VO files since I think that Sound Mod Creator is awkward, and 1 more hour to check and fix batch codes. Then 2 hours after I shared the mod including Moeka's VO to my friends your version released omg ..

May I ask if any tools or ways more efficient to make VO mods? Since we know that framework of folders could be hard to deal with. Thank you for sharing.

The super fast way to convert the official mods to standalone mods would be to use a text editor that support search and replace with regular expressions. That way, you can remove all of the XML tags that are unnecessary. If you're creating a VO mod from scratch, there's the Sound Mod Creator which you mentioned and Aessaya's small tool:

Members
5 posts
7 battles
3 hours ago, KinoMyu said:

The super fast way to convert the official mods to standalone mods would be to use a text editor that support search and replace with regular expressions. That way, you can remove all of the XML tags that are unnecessary. If you're creating a VO mod from scratch, there's the Sound Mod Creator which you mentioned and Aessaya's small tool:

Eh ... so how long did you take to get a standalone VO mod done in that way?

What's the problem with the current Moeka's recording? Low volume?

Edited by EpisodeSane

Modder
86 posts
4,887 battles
25 minutes ago, EpisodeSane said:

Eh ... so how long did you take to get a standalone VO mod done in that way?

What's the problem with the current Moeka's recording? Low volume?

Using the old folder method, I'd say it took about 20 minutes, probably because I'm used to it. Regarding Moeka's problems, most of her lines have distortion and clicks (Her DFAA off line is a serious offender)

Members
3 posts
On 12/28/2017 at 5:34 PM, KinoMyu said:

Using the old folder method, I'd say it took about 20 minutes, probably because I'm used to it. Regarding Moeka's problems, most of her lines have distortion and clicks (Her DFAA off line is a serious offender)

With the release of 0.7.0.1, is the issue fixed? I was quite looking forward to having Amamiya Sora's voice in the game.

Members
4,825 posts
5,596 battles

@KinoMyu I've never used a sound mod before. I recall a while ago that sound mods required copying the entire /banks/ folder from /res/ and pasting it into the /res_mods/ folder, then replacing the files from the mod in the new res_mods/banks/ folder. Is this still a necessary step?

Also, does this mod replace the "I need intelligence data" line? I was playing tonight with my newly purchased Mei captain, and someone else used that quick command, the voice over that played was from the 'standard' option. It played in English. It could be a bug, but I'm not sure as Akeno's voice for that command does play in Japanese.

Modder
86 posts
4,887 battles
On 1/23/2018 at 7:50 PM, GhostSwordsman said:

@KinoMyu I've never used a sound mod before. I recall a while ago that sound mods required copying the entire /banks/ folder from /res/ and pasting it into the /res_mods/ folder, then replacing the files from the mod in the new res_mods/banks/ folder. Is this still a necessary step?

Also, does this mod replace the "I need intelligence data" line? I was playing tonight with my newly purchased Mei captain, and someone else used that quick command, the voice over that played was from the 'standard' option. It played in English. It could be a bug, but I'm not sure as Akeno's voice for that command does play in Japanese.

It's no longer necessary ever since 0.5.2 (I think) because sound mods moved from .bnk edits to having their own folder structure. This mod, like the Akeno/Thea mods does provide voices for all quick commands. WG did not record proper smoke consumable end, anti-air request, and scouting request lines for this batch of VOs. Akeno and Thea's official VO mods do not include anti-air request, scouting request, smoke request, and retreat lines.

Members
4,825 posts
5,596 battles
15 minutes ago, KinoMyu said:

It's no longer necessary ever since 0.5.2 (I think) because sound mods moved from .bnk edits to having their own folder structure. This mod, like the Akeno/Thea mods does provide voices for all quick commands. WG did not record proper smoke consumable end, anti-air request, and scouting request lines for this batch of VOs. Akeno and Thea's official VO mods do not include anti-air request, scouting request, smoke request, and retreat lines.

This one I noticed using Mei(though oddly haven't noticed anything missing for Akeno, did they fix that since her first being released?). If I use that line, no sound, if another player uses that line, I hear it in English as if I've chosen the 'standard' voice option.

I would have thought that this new batch of captains would have all the proper voice lines, seeing as the new quick commands were in the game shortly after the introduction of HSF content. Unless somehow the VA work for these 4 new captains was done shortly after Akeno/Thea, but even then, there should have been enough time to get them back in a studio to record the new lines.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to make these, should definitely make the audio more consistent.

[JKSDF]
Beta Testers
545 posts
2,691 battles

So I'm guessing no Moeka for now while the audio distortions are being fixed? I tend to play USN or HMS ships these days, but Moeka is pretty much my favorite Haifuri character, so she's the one I wanted to use a voice pack for the most D:

Modder
86 posts
4,887 battles
On 2/9/2018 at 8:27 AM, Cruiser_YahagiKai said:

So I'm guessing no Moeka for now while the audio distortions are being fixed? I tend to play USN or HMS ships these days, but Moeka is pretty much my favorite Haifuri character, so she's the one I wanted to use a voice pack for the most D:

It's slowly but surely coming along. I'm not too sure what kind of recording environment could produce all of these artifacts, but it sure isn't Ten-chan's fault. Here's a before and after of one problem file.

Edited by KinoMyu