Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Soaking Damage

8 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
6,315 posts
8,937 battles
11 minutes ago, KyourakuShunsui said:

Is there a point to this post?

I'd say that the point is that you generally gotta be in range of other enemy's ships to deal damage to them. Far too often I have seen BB-driving teammates who think that "supporting the team" means staying back 25 kilometers and occasionally using their spotter plane to lob a salvo out, which then just misses because of the dispersion at that range.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,851 posts
13,070 battles
5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I'd say that the point is that you generally gotta be in range of other enemy's ships to deal damage to them. Far too often I have seen BB-driving teammates who think that "supporting the team" means staying back 25 kilometers and occasionally using their spotter plane to lob a salvo out, which then just misses because of the dispersion at that range.

Close enough.  The four surviving ships all garnered the Dreadnought achievement, which means each and every one of those ships were hit with damage equal to AT LEAST 120% of their normal hit points from AT LEAST four opponents. Collectively, the four ships "soaked" up at least 480% of their HP pool over the course of the match.    If we knew the details, I wouldn't be surprised if the actual number exceeded 500%.  That's a lot of damage to take and still be swinging when the match ends.

Members
440 posts
12,804 battles
45 minutes ago, KyourakuShunsui said:

Is there a point to this post?

Gotta headshot those zombies, or they'll keep coming back to bite you.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,241 posts
12,789 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Close enough.  The four surviving ships all garnered the Dreadnought achievement, which means each and every one of those ships were hit with damage equal to AT LEAST 120% of their normal hit points from AT LEAST four opponents. Collectively, the four ships "soaked" up at least 480% of their HP pool over the course of the match.    If we knew the details, I wouldn't be surprised if the actual number exceeded 500%.  That's a lot of damage to take and still be swinging when the match ends.

^ This.

OP highlighted a number of ships that marched forward and stood their ground against numbers of opponents, soaking up fire that then didn't go into the rest of the team, like wimpy cruisers and destroyers. Good play all around.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,459 posts
8,107 battles

I need more teams like that, namely so that I'm not the only one soaking the damage...or dodging it.... or both. Especially given how many times even at the last second something insane happens to not beat that mission in a cruiser to survive 250k damage I think it is when I'm getting 1-2 million or more thrown at me in tiers 7-9, and occasionally 6.

Sign in to follow this