You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

Year's Coming to an End - Has Your Performance Improved Over the Year?

32 comments in this topic

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles

So... it's the year end review time. At work you are probably talking to your firm about the annual bonus reviews and wage reviews. In game, let's review your performance level over the year.

Are you improving? Learned anything new? Enjoying the game in some previously unthought of ways? Getting less salty as you get use to the dung pile?

To start...

I think I peaked, my performance been see sawing around 1400 rating for the entire year, win rate stuck at 55%. For someone soloing, using no flags, no premiums, this is okay. I'm content and therefore is enjoying the game more. Looking forward to buying santa crates on the last day of sale and hopefully get a "free" shiny horse.

depositphotos_48390865-Time-for-review-stamp.jpg

Edited by NeutralState

Members
1,923 posts
2,492 battles

Nope, hasn't changed much since 2015 sadly.

Still dark blue, might get into the purple next year with anything other than winrate.

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles

I ruined my stats early on in my WOWs career and for a long time didn't know about mechanics, then I found the forums and have been improving ever since. All of my graphs are pretty much on the rise at a steady pace. That's the advantage of ruining your stats early on.

Beta Testers
412 posts
1,294 battles

i took to much time off the game but it seems i've started getting back to my average but i will admit i am raising my average dmg per game at least

[ANZ4C]
Members
127 posts
4,015 battles

Started beginning of August and didn't know my port from my starboard, fumbled around for a bit at the start, but have made gains since. Have plateaued a little bit at around 48% I think due to the bad start, and only now seriously started thinking about fixing certain areas of my game. Looking to lift it in 2018.

Edited by BlindAF

Members
1,070 posts
5,972 battles

Began the year with a career 44% winrate, having signed up in September 2016. I've been playing at a 52% winrate since the turn of the year.

The turnaround really began with the Ranked Battle season 6 that began in January. It was easier to know the characteristics of a smaller variety of opposing ships, and the smaller team sizes made it easier to go to school on angling, positioning, map awareness, playing with all victory conditions in mind, etc.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Began the year with a career 44% winrate, having signed up in September 2016. I've been playing at a 52% winrate since the turn of the year.

The turnaround really began with the Ranked Battle season 6 that began in January. It was easier to know the characteristics of a smaller variety of opposing ships, and the smaller team sizes made it easier to go to school on angling, positioning, map awareness, playing with all victory conditions in mind, etc.

Horary for success story.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Nice thread... gives a moment to take a hard look at things and be honest with myself. 

This year was a bit challenging since I started to "diversify my stock portfolio" and played more types of ships. As a BB main, clearly my average damage numbers were dropping and XP suffered as I tried to figure out how to make the different types of platforms work. Still struggling to excel in cruisers and DDs at all tiers- doing okay in low tier carriers but I'm really hesitant to move into tier V more often since I always seem to get in these 2 CV setups with 1 tier V and 1 tier VI strafing / manual drop carrier. 

Overall I think my stats will show a decline this year but I think it's expected with the diversification. My numbers are worse but I feel confident that my grasp of the finer points of the game is getting better. 

I respec'd most of my BB captains to deal with this new fire meta and it's significantly decreased my level of frustration with it. I highly recommend people consider doing the same if fire is causing extreme frustration. 

Also got a neat little clan going with some old and new friends. Very, very small but we're all helping each other out. 

Overall, I think it's been a reasonable year. B+

Members
1,458 posts
12,315 battles

Still dealing with the lodestone what was my start in WOWs, on non-buffed American BBs no less, and grinding all of the non CV lines.  Now with the grinding pressure off, can focus on my quality premiums and great tech tree ships that I kept.  Hope to get over 50% win rate (been around 49.6% for awhile), but there is only so high I can get going solo and playing a lot of ships (if I win a random that day in a ship, go on to another).  Don't spend any time seal clubbing, so not into stat padding. 

[CAST]
Members
1,201 posts
7,372 battles

My win rate and average game play has steadily increased consistently all year.  Looking forward to the same for the next year, I hope.  There is always ways to improve your game.  I'm still learning little nuances of the game even after 4000 random battles (more if you count ranked and co-op).

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles
4 hours ago, Murcc said:

My win rate and average game play has steadily increased consistently all year.  Looking forward to the same for the next year, I hope.  There is always ways to improve your game.  I'm still learning little nuances of the game even after 4000 random battles (more if you count ranked and co-op).

Mid tier is pretty good to play in. You can encounter almost all mechanics and have wiggle room to make mistakes.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Been in game for a few days now and I am still learning, mostly from a great teacher in my Clan. My stats are climbing very slowly but the advice I am getting is and will be my salvation. Still to aggressive for my own good but seeing even this is changing to smarter play and bigger games over all.

[S0L0]
Members
225 posts
5,422 battles

After looking at my stats here's my short findings:

I had seemingly improved a lot on a personal level, my win rate is sitting at a solid 50.70-ish% and is slowly climbing.

If I look at my recent stats (past 3 months) I had grown into a solid player and most of my premiums ships (excluding Vampire, Katori, and Graf Spee, and maybe Nelson) preforms extremely well. I do not believe I average 50k DMG per game nowadays, but the numbers don't lie. I hope to keep improving and bump my avg damage on my higher tier ships (and correct the graf spee's stats as I started it on a loosing streak :c )

Edited by JB_24

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles
34 minutes ago, JB_24 said:

After looking at my stats here's my short findings:

I had seemingly improved a lot on a personal level, my win rate is sitting at a solid 50.70-ish% and is slowly climbing.

If I look at my recent stats (past 3 months) I had grown into a solid player and most of my premiums ships (excluding Vampire, Katori, and Graf Spee, and maybe Nelson) preforms extremely well. I do not believe I average 50k DMG per game nowadays, but the numbers don't lie. I hope to keep improving and bump my avg damage on my higher tier ships (and correct the graf spee's stats as I started it on a loosing streak :c )

Check my Spee "guide" post and give it another try. Spee is adorable as heck.

Edited by NeutralState

[S0L0]
Members
225 posts
5,422 battles
21 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

Check my Spee "guide" post and give it another try. Spee is adorable as heck.

Thanks, I'll give it a look :)

Edit: great read!! It'll help me understand her more :)  she's truly a one of a kind in this game.

Edited by JB_24

[WJDC]
Members
1,219 posts
7,554 battles
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 1:49 AM, NeutralState said:

Are you improving? 

Yes.. although I took a few months off... my win rate has been steadily climbing the last 2 months or so... but while this pleases me, my win rate does not necessarily equal my enjoyment. I almost always have fun in my Atlanta, but I also accept that I am also likely to be blasted out of the water... fun isn't always win and win isn't always fun...  I am improving, and I want to continue to do so, but it is only one aspect of the game that creates the warm fuzzies...

[IXM]
Members
192 posts
3,445 battles

I'd say my stats are improving.  I started around August or September 2016.  I spent a large part of 2017 grinding every ship line up to T6.  That took its toll on my stats as I constantly changed ship types and play styles.  In the last month or so I have decided to focus on German and Russian cruisers to get them to T10 and it seems my stats have gotten better since I can focus more on just those two ships.  Hopefully I can continue the upward trend to purple levels in 2018!

WTR Stats.PNG

Members
343 posts
6,782 battles

According to Warships Today, I've been steadily, if only marginally, improving over the past year. Honestly, I feel like I've plateaued. 

While I don't have any stats to support it, I will say I think I've gotten into a (bad?) habit of mostly playing only a handful of ships. I've all but given up grinding the German DD and CA lines, French CAs, and Russian CAs. No interest in even starting the Pan-Asian DDs.