You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

When the AFK guy gets an award...

18 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,833 posts
13,050 battles

Unsinkable in this instance.

Sad part is this was an extremely close match.  In this instance, the AFK probably made the difference between a win and a lossafk.thumb.jpg.80b555654c95f1332a0e9ec1f3ead545.jpg.

And a shout out to the Minotaur and Yugumo...they carried the day.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Funny 1

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles

Actually that shows a good team on your side, because no one went for the AFK guy until the end, he was his teams last hope. Potentially an AFK guy could get a Solo Warrior.

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,155 posts
10,138 battles
2 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Actually that shows a good team on your side, because no one went for the AFK guy until the end, he was his teams last hope. Potentially an AFK guy could get a Solo Warrior.

Jingles got one such record sent to him. 

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,769 battles
19 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Unsinkable in this instance.

Sad part is this was an extremely close match.  In this instance, the AFK probably made the difference between a win and a lossafk.thumb.jpg.80b555654c95f1332a0e9ec1f3ead545.jpg.

And a shout out to the Minotaur and Yugumo...they carried the day.

Look at all the tries hard guys on the Red team, bet that Yami is still in hospital after needing back surgery.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,838 posts
13,778 battles

I once helped an AFK ship get Solo Warrior.

And I saw an enemy Yamoto who was AKF get two Close Quarter Expert Awards. How those two DDs screwed that up is beyond me. 

[OPG3]
Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,846 battles

The very fact that this topic exists shows that there is still a problem with AFKers that WG should address. If you are AFK in a match, the system should treat you like a bot or co-op and you should not be receiving awards. I sure hope someone at WG sees this and fixes the issue.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,824 posts
9,575 battles
7 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Solo Warrior is my elusive achievement... but I have seen AFK players get it...:Smile_izmena:

Same here. I've had the AFK ship on my team win the game for us before. 

[OPG]
Supertester
1,894 posts
10,218 battles

I love how like 12 patches ago WG said they fixed it so AFK get no rewards.  But they still do, including stars in ranked, achievements, and if they get lucky enough to earn spotting damage or plane kills, they still get their credits and XP to boot.

What happened to the "must sail a minimum distance" thing?

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,174 posts
18,873 battles

Saipan that hide behind a rock and went AFK

6blZCrX.jpg

[PNGYN]
Members
491 posts
3,008 battles
3 hours ago, burningbridges13 said:

I have been AFK numerous times due to loading issues.  The client freezes and disconnects.  Sometimes by the time I restart my PC and log back in, the match has ended.

That happened to me the other night, the mac wrapper hates me apparently...

Luckily it was in Co-op, not randoms so there was no harm done.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,235 posts
1,817 battles
12 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

My one and only Solo Warrior was obtained the one time I had to bail on a match.  My son was throwing a tantrum and I had to leave only a minute into the game.  My Kongo was at full speed and going somewhere, hadn't even fired the guns yet.  I logged back in to find the results and saw my team had gone on top on points but all been sunk and the enemy couldn't find my Kongo....Solo Warrior.

Very irritating to have gotten it that way.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,833 posts
13,050 battles
46 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

the enemy couldn't find my Kongo....

Can't find a Kongo?  Damn.  

[ECOM]
Members
955 posts
11,432 battles
1 hour ago, Helstrem said:

My one and only Solo Warrior was obtained the one time I had to bail on a match.  My son was throwing a tantrum and I had to leave only a minute into the game.  My Kongo was at full speed and going somewhere, hadn't even fired the guns yet.  I logged back in to find the results and saw my team had gone on top on points but all been sunk and the enemy couldn't find my Kongo....Solo Warrior.

Very irritating to have gotten it that way.

My first solo warrior was systematically sinking 5 ships in a shimakaze tripling everyone else's score. Earned. 

Edited by Megrim3

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,235 posts
1,817 battles
7 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Can't find a Kongo?  Damn.  

Well, hypothetically.  It is possible they were simply out of position and couldn't get to wherever my Kongo had gone in time, or even that they were in the process of sinking my Kongo when the clock ran out.