You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

WG Admits More Players Have High MM Tier Ships

39 comments in this topic

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles

You know what that means?

More maps for mid to high tier MM. You heard it here first.

edit: also predicting radar reworks in 2018, no one wants to be in a 5 radar vs 5 radar high tier match.

Edited by NeutralState

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,174 posts
18,873 battles
22 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Heh, more maps is always good. But I want them to get rid of Tears of the Desert (Cruiser) on Epicentre first. ;)

Map will get a rework. And after they fix their broken T5/6 MM I may consider to sail more often with my Texas or Arizona. 

[DRACS]
Members
3,503 posts
4 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Map will get a rework. And after they fix their broken T5/6 MM I may consider to sail more often with my Texas or Arizona. 

They've already stated, repeatedly and on numerous occasions, that it won't happen. I feel your pain as I used love tier 6. Was my favorite tier to play.

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,940 battles
17 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

They've already stated, repeatedly and on numerous occasions, that it won't happen. I feel your pain as I used love tier 6. Was my favorite tier to play.

Tier VI Ranked Battles were so much fun.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,769 battles
41 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

I love how they pay attention to the people that basically sign there paychecks. I've always SMH at there MM is fine nothing to see here antics.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,174 posts
18,873 battles
44 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

WG Fest 2017 preview for the next year said something else.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles
56 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

WG Fest 2017 preview for the next year said something else.

And it's not the first time they have flipped on "will never change"

[-TAB-]
Members
1,602 posts
5,159 battles
13 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

And it's not the first time they have flipped on "will never change"

please stop picking on my best buddies forever at WG !! they have a slightly different concept of time, that's all. if you are already getting out your gif and foil hat responses, just consider this first:

1) 'soon' = flex time = anywhere from in a couple weeks to 13 hrs short of forever. if you have ever dated a Mexican woman, you know this is a multicultural phenomenon that you can easily adapt to, IF you are motivated enuff.

2) 'never' = flex time = we are considering doing this only if we have to, but probably not in the next couple weeks, but as the designs are complete and ready if needed, it will probably be a bit 'sooner' than forever.

also, this game is in a never ending state of flux. you lose a couple thousand players, you add a couple thousand, the demographics and player base can change significantly. WG is not able to predict who will be joining, playing a lot, or spending lots of quan in the game. as a result, when an influx of players with a different approach to the game drops in, with cash to burn and willingness to write on the forums, they will respond.

we beach and moan about the changes that nerf our favorite ship or line, or maps we don't like, and MM that does not treat us kindly, RNG that has it's way with our stats, but overall you would have to be completely out of it not to recognize how much better this game is now than it was 1 year ago.

besides, it's the holidays, I just got to rank 10, my highest rank yet, with a 63% win rate in the amigo, and 50% overall WR in season 8. back to the Roon ---> Hindy grind so I can purchase it while it's still on sale!!

happy holidays, all.   :o)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,173 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

The first season of Ranked I was here for started off as tier 6 and then you needed a tier 8 after rank 10 (or thereabouts). It was actually quite fun, even I enjoyed it. Hopefully they will do split tier ranked again one of these days. Lots of good stuff to play at 6!

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

I hope just for a week they run a "realistic radar" always on no range just so you whining anti-radar scrubs will pipe down.

I have no problem in a 5 radar vs 5 radar match in a DD. But then again I have an IQ higher than room temperature.

Edited by Grizley
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[OPG3]
Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,846 battles
4 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

ROFL!!!!!

Texas and Arizona are two great examples of a tier 5 and 6 that do fine even when they are bottom tier. If you are going to complain about T5/6 matchmaking, you should probably reference ships that actually have problems when they see T7/8.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,568 posts
25,660 battles
1 hour ago, KyourakuShunsui said:

ROFL!!!!!

Texas and Arizona are two great examples of a tier 5 and 6 that do fine even when they are bottom tier. If you are going to complain about T5/6 matchmaking, you should probably reference ships that actually have problems when they see T7/8.

Both are food for 2 tier higher BBs. Its why I stopped playing Texas and never play AZ.

[OPG3]
Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,846 battles
15 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Both are food for 2 tier higher BBs. Its why I stopped playing Texas and never play AZ.

Not for me. I have no issues playing a Texas or Arizona in higher tier games. As long as you are angling, it generally isn’t that bad. But then again, I also run concealment on most of my captains and try to play fairly conservative when I am bottom tier. 

Sure, you will get penned from the front from time to time, but I am used to that (from cruiser play). At least the Texas and AZ can reach out and touch people. 

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,734 posts
3,490 battles

Tier 6 Ranked was basically Battleships watching Destroyers fight it out in the middle, and then the winners crushing the opposing Battleships. Finding a Cruiser was a rarity.

Now it's Tier 8, where most Cruisere blow chunks and DDs are whining about the New Orleans and Chappy? I mean the Chappy's good, but the New Orleans has an 8.7km Radar on a ship made out of cardboard and scotch tape. Use your squishy brain parts and you'll be fine.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,398 posts
9,515 battles
8 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

And after they fix their broken T5/6 MM I may consider to sail more often with my Texas or Arizona. 

8 hours ago, KaptainKaybe said:

I feel your pain as I used love tier 6. Was my favorite tier to play.

I think Tier 6 is fine.  Tier 5 gets screwed hard.

My updated results:

Tier 5:  36 out of 55 games have been bottom tier.  65%

Tier 6:  21 out of 73 games have been bottom tier.  29%

Tier 7:  12 out of 70 games have been bottom tier.  17%

Tier 8:  32 out of 78 games have been bottom tier.  41%

*Edit - I have played 25 games with T7 Belfast.  I was only bottom tier ONCE.  Belfast feels dirty to play...I love her!  lol

Edited by desmo_2

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,305 battles
8 hours ago, KaptainKaybe said:

I don't get why people complain about T6 MM. You're usually middle tier against T5s and T7s. Nothing wrong with that.

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
8 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

If you owned a Warspite, for sure.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
2 hours ago, Madwolf05 said:

Tier 6 Ranked was basically Battleships watching Destroyers fight it out in the middle, and then the winners crushing the opposing Battleships. Finding a Cruiser was a rarity.

Now it's Tier 8, where most Cruisere blow chunks and DDs are whining about the New Orleans and Chappy? I mean the Chappy's good, but the New Orleans has an 8.7km Radar on a ship made out of cardboard and scotch tape. Use your squishy brain parts and you'll be fine.

I guess that depends at which rabk you're talking about. I quit at 10 but it required Warspite to do it. I played DD firstly but team's were so scared to come out from hiding that we had zero effective DPS and would lose as 1 ship at a time would come out and get focused. It's was just straight up idiot playing but you're only 1 ship.

Once I decided I had to be that long distance DPS in my BB and actually apply some match pressure I ran 70% WR. Coward DPS class play ruins ranked simply because it's easier to get the ball rolling against a team that hides.

DD needs supporting fire or they die too. I was just spotting for guys behind islands that weren't going to risk their ship.

I'm certain that had finished past 10 I would have moved back to DD play once players got better at the game. Until that point though I found that one shotting cruisers at 16km with an opening salvo (from stealth) was very effective from a wins perspective.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles

Just put ranked on Ocean and separate the men from the boys.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,493 battles
9 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

No, they weren't. It was the BB and DD show and cruisers were XP pinatas. Much like tier 8 ranked is.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
7 hours ago, Grizley said:

I hope just for a week they run a "realistic radar" always on no range just so you whining anti-radar scrubs will pipe down.

I have no problem in a 5 radar vs 5 radar March in a DD. But then again I have an IQ higher than room temperature.

This.

[RMRGD]
Members
183 posts
16,864 battles

Its mostly universal that Radar and Hydro need a rework.  It shouldnt work through islands.  I think this would be a significant step in the right direction as it would offer great strategy.  

I have more then 11k games in WoWS and i really enjoy tier 6-7 the most, and 5 over 8.   The main reason to play higher tier is competitive.  Tier X has some issues.  The big one is that you always face the same ships over and over.  Where the mid tier has a very good range of ships.  I think this adds to the fun factor.   Tier X also punishes for mistake far greater then mid tier.   The repair cost on Tier X ships don't seem to waver how often people play the ships, and even not experienced players, from what I have seen.

• Boring 1