You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

A single shell.... for 3hp?????

15 comments in this topic

[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,278 battles

Yeah sure, should have been more careful with my shells, yadda yadda yadda.... It's ranked, trying to finish off an enemy bb just beyond my friendly bb. My friendly bb, who is on fire, takes a big hit and I have 1 shell hit his mast and take his 3 remaining hp and gives me pink status.... 

That algorithm is messed up. I could have gotten full pen damage on him with that shell and as long as he didn't die I wouldn't be pink....

That being said, it was a 2400 base xp, 4 kill ranked game for me.

0zBh5PZ.jpg

Whats the most pathetic instance of turning pink for you guys been??

[S0L0]
Members
226 posts
5,434 battles

For me, I was shooting a ship and a near dead ally wasn't too close, so took a shot expecting the shells to fly over the ally like they do all the time. Well RNG made one shell clip the ally and he died, I apologized but still left a bad taste in my mouth.

[AFW-]
Members
249 posts
9,881 battles

twice a friendly DD comes swooping in front of me from behind as i am lining up a BB. There is also the time i used 20km shima torps that somehow hit a friendly montana 17km away after he used his repair...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,684 posts
9,083 battles

That Bismarck was already on the ropes and 3hp was all you could do. It wasn't a pink event but I detonated a DD once that was well under 100hp with my Fredrich der Grobe.

[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,278 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

So, did you get the Kraken?

unfortunately not... only 3 kills listed on the team screen.

[BLUE_]
Members
399 posts
14,401 battles

During acient times, when i was playing with stock Myogi i aimed at a Derzki at full speed. But the dispertion was so bad that 1 shell hitted a beached green DD instead and then the thing detonated

[HRDP]
Members
2,729 posts
8,301 battles

Well technically this didn't turn me pink, for some crazy reason but i actually collided with a very low HP destroyer at one point, and killed him through friendly collision damage. He had something like less than 5 HP left. I think there may have been another instance where I TK'ed a very low healthy friendly ship via collision and that did get me pink, but I don't really remember for sure. I definitely remember the collision TK that didn't get me pink, but it happened many months back. I Also remember it surprising the hell out of me too, as i was scoped in when the guy hit me.

[PNGYN]
Members
491 posts
3,049 battles

Crap happens. 

The same thing happened to me, though not in ranked. RNG just trolled you. 

Best you can do is move on and hope others see the humor in the situation. 

Members
24 posts
6,059 battles

Sailing in a Bogue, I lined up a torpedo run on an enemy battleship.  Then, just as my planes were about to drop their torpedoes, something caused them to go into "panic mode", and the drop was spread out.  I have no idea what caused that drop to happen, as there were no defensive fire cruisers or enemy aircraft nearby.

Two of these errant torpedoes struck two friendly battleships, one torpedo for each.  BOTH caused detonations, gaining me instant pink status and the destruction of my carrier due to damage reflection.

I probably could have won the lottery with the odds that were beaten to cause that to happen.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,851 posts
13,070 battles

Put a torp in a Yamato for his final 3K of damage tonight.  I "thought" it was a safe shot...he was going right to left laterally, and I shot behind him with my torp vector mostly perpendicular to his wake.  For those who have driven Yamatos, you know how long it takes to turn...so I used that knowledge in my decision.  When I fired I "thought" that even if he did a hard starboard turn and essentially reverse course, there was no way he could get that behemoth turned around and make up the lateral distance before my torps passed his line of travel.  Well, I was wrong. 

He didn't intentionally turn to eat my torps...he had his hands full fighting three other ships, which was where my torps were headed.  I just misjudged the possible dynamics of the situation.

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[-TAB-]
Members
1,611 posts
5,180 battles

OP, 3 HP for 9 TK games....  hoping that's unique.

right after I got the shima, one of the green DDs was duking it out with a yammie, getting pasted by 2ndaries, the yammie was in front, and thought it would completely block my shots, he said 'torp it' and blew smoke, we both thought there was no way he would live till the torps got there. 15 torps out, most hit the yammie, none hit him, he sails out in front of the yammie, I was turning around the yammie to hide in his smoke as I was getting shot at, rammed him for 8 damage, sank him and got TK, right before I was sunk.

the whole team was yelling at me, except him, and I got a few - karma on that one, to serve as dressing on the TK.

[OPG3]
Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,846 battles

I once turned pink for supposedly torpedoing a friendly BB  that was literally on the other side of the map to me (I was in a Gallant, so I have zero idea how my torpedoes reached him and I never received notification while in game that I had hit or sunk him, it was only in the post battle screen that it showed anything)

That one was a real head scratcher to me. But pink burns off, so you just shrug and move on.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,747 posts
3,490 battles

The time it tells you that you'll be pink is wildly inaccurate. It goes down much faster. I had 50 games worth and got rid of it in 15.

Long story short a NC on my team was camped behind an island while I was near dead, and having done upwards of 150k damage in my NC. He just refused to engage in the battle when we desperately needed him. I glt frustrated and stuck a few shells in his citadel and blew myself up and half his HP away. We lost and he lived behind his little island, bottom of the team.

[FG]
Members
398 posts
3,715 battles
41 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

The time it tells you that you'll be pink is wildly inaccurate. It goes down much faster. I had 50 games worth and got rid of it in 15.

Long story short a NC on my team was camped behind an island while I was near dead, and having done upwards of 150k damage in my NC. He just refused to engage in the battle when we desperately needed him. I glt frustrated and stuck a few shells in his citadel and blew myself up and half his HP away. We lost and he lived behind his little island, bottom of the team.

If only he'd been in a Missouri or Montana you might have survived :cap_yes:

The last time I turned pink was when a friendly Iowa snuck up next to me while I was burning down some BBs in my reversing Hindenburg. I didn't realise he was there until my rear turret hit him and set him on fire that burned for the full duration :/ I lost 80% of my health and did not last very long after that.