You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GiN_nTonic

Ranked MM - ranked based?

13 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
731 posts
5,907 battles

This the first ranked season I've really wanted to have a goal of reaching rank 1, but its interesting I am starting to see a repeated pattern that makes me wonder if ranked MM is designed to create off-balanced matches.  If you use just rank as the measuring stick one side often has clear advantage in rank level - and in my tracked games it runs in the high 80% that side will win.  Sometimes I am on it, and sometimes I am not.  There are exceptions - as you would expect - but for a rule of thumb one team comes in with a distinct advantage over the other.

If anyone would be so kind as to let me know if they see the same thing - i'm curious if there is a connection, or perhaps my observation doesn't relate to others.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,419 battles

MM puts you into battles with guys about the level you are at. We are all tier 8 ships. There's no one out there to get you or any one else. There is no MM overlord. It's simply putting players in a game.

Beta Testers
731 posts
5,907 battles
22 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

MM puts you into battles with guys about the level you are at. We are all tier 8 ships. There's no one out there to get you or any one else. There is no MM overlord. It's simply putting players in a game.

Im not suggesting someone is out to get anyone.  I do suggest to keep things "fun and engaging" there may be an attempt to orchestrate scenarios to mix up the experience.  A good example of us knowing WG does this is the tier spread design to give players different situations to contend with.  Its highly unlikely WG just put together a MM for ranked and decided not to muck around with it in some way.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Many here agree with you.

Running Match Monitor in Aslains modpack will show you %'s of both teams.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,419 battles
15 minutes ago, GiN_nTonic said:

Im not suggesting someone is out to get anyone.  I do suggest to keep things "fun and engaging" there may be an attempt to orchestrate scenarios to mix up the experience.  A good example of us knowing WG does this is the tier spread design to give players different situations to contend with.  Its highly unlikely WG just put together a MM for ranked and decided not to muck around with it in some way.

I see your point. The way I look at is this. It's ranked and we all have the same tiered ships. Our battles are basically with guys at the same level. Imagine being a captain on a real ship in battle, That's what ranked is. Just my thought. You are fighting the best guys out there, bring your A game and fight till the last no matter what ship you sail or rank you are at.

[280ZX]
Members
706 posts
10,549 battles

I'm rank 16 and MM has us playing against rank 11 BBs. No one close to that on my team just now.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,419 battles
6 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

I'm rank 16 and MM has us playing against rank 11 BBs. No one close to that on my team just now.

Again we all are equal in skill and same tier. Doesn't matter what rank you are. OK. It's ranked, you want to be the best you got to fight the best, Load your ship up and go fight until you got nothing left. Period. Don't like MM go play bots with the scrubs in COOP. Sorry just my take

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,419 battles

Ranked is not for the weak of heart or whiners. Grab sack, get your best ship and fight.

[280ZX]
Members
706 posts
10,549 battles

Thanks cap, I'll remember your words while at sea. BB Texas....used to work out of Exxon Marine Docks in Baytown, by Lynchburg Ferry on then on up the ship channel. By the old Texas on the way.

Edited by Ericson38

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles

Its another [edited] season of grinding and spamming games, complicated further by the holidays and noobs taking ships they have no idea how to use out or haven't played in a year.  Want to make it more evenly matched at least make ranked where you have to take out a tech tree ship only to play, but no its yolangs with hydro going up against bensons without and the list goes on.  Its all about your willingness to grind.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,419 battles
1 hour ago, Ericson38 said:

Thanks cap, I'll remember your words while at sea. BB Texas....used to work out of Exxon Marine Docks in Baytown, by Lynchburg Ferry on then on up the ship channel. By the old Texas on the way.

Love that ship been on her many times. Been a volunteer on the last restoration years ago, First saw her on a field trip in the 4th grade. Taken my son and family a few times

Members
1,310 posts
21,132 battles
1 hour ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Ranked is not for the weak of heart or whiners. Grab sack, get your best ship and fight.

So true.  And we've only been going for one week.

Where's that Sponge Bob losing a star video?

[BBC]
Members
934 posts
12,332 battles

until u reach rank 10   and then rank 5  the games are not very tough. rank 11-15 que is basically everyone  who cant  get any where