You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Dilbert

WTH WG...limited time campaign during Ranked

33 comments in this topic

[WSU]
Members
1,494 posts
9,884 battles

Okay, just realized that the Battle of North Cape and New Year Raid end in 20 days.  So much for doing those and attempting to get to Rank 1.  WG, you really screwed this one up.  Plus having Ranked season during the holidays just sucks because there are too many yougun's on-line making Ranked a bigger crap fest than usual.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[SYN]
Members
14,448 posts
10,425 battles

I thought you could do the mission campaign with ranked?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,833 posts
11,533 battles

Not only can you do the campaign in ranked, the campaigns task are very simple and can be completed very fast.

• Cool 2

Members
6,917 posts
7,508 battles

Its hard to do much of it in ranked, most of the missions specify using a cruiser, sometimes only RN cruisers. Cruisers are the lowest percentage of ships being played I've yet seen this ranked season, so, no, it would be hella hard.

I'm doing the first parts in randoms, and then switching to ranked once the final task is unlocked and I can play what I want, instead of WG forcing me to play something I don't want to.

I love how WG gives out crap rewards, and then apparently thinks we should thank them for that, and thank them for being forced to play the game a way we don't want to, and, then, thank them even more for placing a competitive season during the worst possible time to have one.

It's not being entitled when one is complaining about being screwed over repeatedly. It's quite clear that most of WG is totally out of touch with the players of their games, and clear that they don't care about said players of their games.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

It's their way to try to lure RN CL into really to be snacks.

We must protect the existence of our citadels and secure a future for cruiser mains. 1431.

Edited by Grizley
  • Funny 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,094 posts
12,650 battles

It's weird but true that if they run too many reward events at once, it actually makes things worse.

That said, I think there's at least one mission in each set that's generic enough that you can just keep repeating it to get stars while you play Ranked.

[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,189 battles
44 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I'm doing the first parts in randoms, and then switching to ranked once the final task is unlocked and I can play what I want, instead of WG forcing me to play something I don't want to.

Do this, excellent advice Krimzon. I bungled it thinking I should try the missions in Ranked and had to use a cruiser. It was a mistake. I managed to complete the missions but was not much help in the ranked matches so it was a wash. Once the final mission was unlocked (the gathering of xp one) Ranked worked just fine to complete the campaign mission. 

[ANZ4C]
Members
127 posts
4,015 battles

So, both end in 20 days, you can't start task 1 in New Year Raid without a DoY, but in Battle of North Cape you can win the DoY but each set of tasks is time locked with mission 5 becoming available in 11 days. So if I complete Battle of North Cape to get the DoY, that would give me 9 days (plus having to work in RL) to start and complete New Year Raid.
-OR-
I could buy the DoY to do New Year Raid, but then what would be the point of the DoY as final reward in Battle of North Cape?

/thinking out loud

Edited by BlindAF

[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,189 battles

If you buy the DoY and complete the mission that gives you the same ship, they give you the credits instead. Not sure what the DoY is worth in credits but probably in the multiple millions at least. They probably toss in a port slot and commander if that was part of the reward as well, honestly I haven't looked to see what you get besides the ship.

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
51 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

If you buy the DoY and complete the mission that gives you the same ship, they give you the credits instead. Not sure what the DoY is worth in credits but probably in the multiple millions at least. They probably toss in a port slot and commander if that was part of the reward as well, honestly I haven't looked to see what you get besides the ship.

Premium ships always come with a port slot, even if they are given away as rewards for completing campaigns, etc.. This is to ensure that the player will always have room for them, and can access that ship right away without having to shell out (either with in-game currency or gold) for it. In this case, the Duke of York sells for 9.8 million credits, so if you were to complete the North Cape campaign after having already bought the DoY, then you will get 9.8 million credits, a vacant port slot, and a three-point commander (which really isn't worth much, in the grand scheme of things).

[ANZ4C]
Members
127 posts
4,015 battles

The question is, can I do New Year Raid in 9 days from start to finish with only 2 hour sessions per week days, and one full weekend. For those that have already done New Year Raid, should be easy, right?

Edited by BlindAF

[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,189 battles
10 minutes ago, BlindAF said:

The question is, can I do New Year Raid in 9 days from start to finish with only 2 hour sessions per week days, and one full weekend. For those that have already done New Year Raid, should be easy, right?

Well most of the missions in the NY Raid can be completed in Co-op if not all so it really depends on how good a player you are. I generally play every day for 2 or 3 hours and have weekends free and I think I can manage. I don't recall all the requirements but do remember thinking to myself I can handle it. The Santa's Convoy missions were very similar and my available play time was the same. I managed to complete it with a day or so to spare but there were players who were stressing (at the time) about finishing as well as players who could not manage to complete it.  

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

Each mission in the New Year Raids campaign has a repeatable task that you can theoretically do in Co-op, as well as the Final Task. I put theoretically in italics because there is one Final Task that requires you to win a battle with 1,000 base XP.

Anyone who has played Co-op knows that this is flat-out impossible.

[OPG3]
Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,846 battles

Simple solution, don’t play ranked. The current ranked format/ranking is a flawed system that is simply a grind, not a ranking system. If people stop playing it, WG will listen and hopefully come up with a better ranking format (I prefer the idea where you get ranked based on your performance in battle, regardless of W/L).

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,189 battles
1 hour ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Each mission in the New Year Raids campaign has a repeatable task that you can theoretically do in Co-op, as well as the Final Task. I put theoretically in italics because there is one Final Task that requires you to win a battle with 1,000 base XP.

Anyone who has played Co-op knows that this is flat-out impossible.

Not quite impossible but will take a good game in PvE at high tier. With that said as a PvE player, will do this mission in PvP because 1000 base xp is easy there on a win. Just to put things in perspective for those who don't pay attention: I had took out my brand new Perth in a PvP match that had no dds in the game. Went too far forward looking for the reds and got caught broadside to most of their team with an island blocking my escape. Fired my guns a couple times before getting deleted and managed 8 hits on a Fiji for around 5-6k in damage. I played poorly and got spanked, it happens. My team won anyways and my base xp for the 8 hits and 5k damage was 935..... I have done 100k of damage, sank multiple bot ships in PvE and that usually nets you a base of around 4-500 at most depending on tier. 1000 base is not impossible in PvE, but it is damn near improbable.

(Originally said 985 base and was wrong. Looked it up was 935, am old my memory sucks)

Edited by Taylor3006

Members
18,198 posts
5,196 battles
14 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Not only can you do the campaign in ranked, the campaigns task are very simple and can be completed very fast.

Agreed. So far, I'm having to wait a day after completing each stage to start the next one. The tasks (other than the final one in each stage) are mostly done in 1 or 2 matches. (sometimes completing 2 tasks from start to finish in the same game)

Been avoiding the ones that involve a specific nation of ship, and just repeating the other ones.

Members
18,198 posts
5,196 battles
6 hours ago, KyourakuShunsui said:

Simple solution, don’t play ranked. The current ranked format/ranking is a flawed system that is simply a grind, not a ranking system. If people stop playing it, WG will listen and hopefully come up with a better ranking format (I prefer the idea where you get ranked based on your performance in battle, regardless of W/L).

Problem with that is, the ranks up to 15 are popular, because of decent rewards and irrevocable ranks. Even 15-10 is worth it, if you're lucky enough to avoid a bunch of back and forth.

Especially for free players, the signal rewards from bottom rank to 10, are quite substantial.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
4 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Agreed. So far, I'm having to wait a day after completing each stage to start the next one. The tasks (other than the final one in each stage) are mostly done in 1 or 2 matches. (sometimes completing 2 tasks from start to finish in the same game)

Been avoiding the ones that involve a specific nation of ship, and just repeating the other ones.

Yeah- they're really drawing out the campaign to try and get people to buy their clone.

I'm doing the same thing- choosing to redo some of the tasks in favour of chasing German BBs with British CLs- as an example. 

1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

Problem with that is, the ranks up to 15 are popular, because of decent rewards and irrevocable ranks. Even 15-10 is worth it, if you're lucky enough to avoid a bunch of back and forth.

Especially for free players, the signal rewards from bottom rank to 10, are quite substantial.

Agreed. Even if you stopped at 11 since 10 is just a flag... I think 11 is 250 dubs- which isn't a ton but is nice for redistributing captain skills. 

Edited by ENO75

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
14 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Its hard to do much of it in ranked, most of the missions specify using a cruiser, sometimes only RN cruisers. Cruisers are the lowest percentage of ships being played I've yet seen this ranked season, so, no, it would be hella hard.

I love how WG gives out crap rewards, and then apparently thinks we should thank them for that, and thank them for being forced to play the game a way we don't want to, and, then, thank them even more for placing a competitive season during the worst possible time to have one.

It's not being entitled when one is complaining about being screwed over repeatedly. It's quite clear that most of WG is totally out of touch with the players of their games, and clear that they don't care about said players of their games.

I thought you were quitting, or at least cutting back.  Instead you're here every day spamming the forum with complaints?  LOL

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
1,138 posts
6,777 battles
6 hours ago, KyourakuShunsui said:

I'd like to see Randoms done the same way. Get rid of the multiplier for win/loss and reward solely based upon individual performance. With 10+ players on each side winning is often a matter of luck, as it is very difficult for one person to majorly influence the tide of a battle. This game ISN'T a team sport, you just happen to be shooting at the same red guys as some other people are.

Members
343 posts
6,782 battles
10 hours ago, BlindAF said:

So, both end in 20 days, you can't start task 1 in New Year Raid without a DoY, but in Battle of North Cape you can win the DoY but each set of tasks is time locked with mission 5 becoming available in 11 days. So if I complete Battle of North Cape to get the DoY, that would give me 9 days (plus having to work in RL) to start and complete New Year Raid.
-OR-
I could buy the DoY to do New Year Raid, but then what would be the point of the DoY as final reward in Battle of North Cape?

/thinking out loud

I thought this was weird, too. Play this campaign to get this ship so you can play the other campaign, which is running at the same time.

Guess WG thinks people should have no life outside of WoWS.

Members
396 posts
9,434 battles

Great, I didn't notice they were temporary campaigns, I even checked them in port (in campaigns) and they didn't have a time frame that I could see. I've been busy/out of town and haven't had a chance to play much, haven't even touched ranked yet this season..

Well that sucks.

[ANZ4C]
Members
127 posts
4,015 battles
3 hours ago, bewbs_ said:

Great, I didn't notice they were temporary campaigns, I even checked them in port (in campaigns) and they didn't have a time frame that I could see. I've been busy/out of town and haven't had a chance to play much, haven't even touched ranked yet this season..

Well that sucks.

Yeah they didn't have an end date before this latest patch.