You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Estimated_Prophet

A faster goodbye this time...

27 comments in this topic

[RLGN]
Members
8,266 posts
17,289 battles

Ever since the frustration of Ranked season 2, (my first,) I've pretty much resigned myself to just getting to R15 and the season flag.

Lack of strategic sense, lack of patience, the fault of my own skill ceiling; call it what you will; I recognized I didn't have what it took to join the exalted Ranks.

The last few seasons have been very bad. Partly due to the above, and partly due to evening out the number of times I've used each ship in Ranked. Yeah, a bit OCD, but there you have it.

The most positive thing though is that it took me fewer and few games each season to get where I wanted, R15.

In season 6, it took about 35 battles; in season 7, about 25 battles.

Season 8 comes along; and I looked with dread on WST to see what I would need to even up this time around... 'All ships hidden by filters.' !!!

Turned out; I'd never played using a T8 ship in the previous seasons where that was a possibility; which meant I could do what I'd been working towards all along; picking a SINGLE ship, and sticking with it; no matter what.

I choose Akizuki; a ship I've felt good using, and dare say, have had at least a bit of fun with; (SEVENTEEN citadels on a Ranger I caught all alone, and beating to death a Gearing at the same time he MAD'ed me being two such occasions.)

TEN games. I took me ten games this season to reach R15. Seven wins, and three losses. I feared no destroyer except another Akizuki; cruisers, yeah I hated to encounter them, and most battleships (but not all, bloody secondaries,) were nothing to worry about either.

In any case; I'm out. Too all of you pushing on; Good luck and good sailing. May RNG be kind; may your eye be true, and may the salt and stress stay low.

• Cool 2

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,733 battles

If you're doing well, you could try for rank 11 to get the dubloons, especially since rank 12 is irrevocable.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,964 posts
7,526 battles

It took me 10 rounds to get to 15, as well.

And it it took me 25 to get to 14. I haven't decided if I'm going to keep going, or try to. The round that got me to 14 was epic, in fact, it took 3 straight epic rounds to do it. I highly doubt this will happen consistently, so, I may just rest my nerves and sail away.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,964 posts
7,526 battles
1 minute ago, Lightninger said:

If you're doing well, you could try for rank 11 to get the dubloons, especially since rank 12 is irrevocable.

That was my thought, if I do keep going, it'll be to get to 12, it'll be the furthest I've gotten, as well.

[POP]
Members
1,235 posts
8,289 battles

You can try... I've been rank twelve since day 1 of ranked. Between AFK ships, suicidal Bis/Tirps, and BBS turning and running for the corner, I've not got past 12.2 yet. I haven't lost as many stars because I was top of the leader board in several of those games. But ranked is just awful this time 'round. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Meanwhile I'm just sitting on the sidelines, with a bucket of popcorn, and enjoying all the salt that ranked creates. =3

[-PVE-]
Members
117 posts
9,325 battles

If your OCD then you must see for yourself how far you can go by 25 games. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,412 posts
9,576 battles

Actually...   I have CDO.

That's OCD alphabetized.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,603 posts
4,032 battles

...and nobody made the obvious, "Akizuki, I choose you!" joke?

Sad.

Now I need a poke-ball/IJN DD meme.

#dadjoke humor aside, good job, OP!  I'm still at the 'I'll get to rank 15 and then bail' stage.  Two games in so far, all I got was one star farther from the goal.

:Smile_facepalm:

[-AGW-]
Members
668 posts
9,499 battles

Took me two in NC, but it's been downhill ever since. I'm not sure why I should even bother.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

If I had ranked out last season, I would've received a free ship.

I was oot for a week or two, but I couldn't stomach grinding past 8 in such a short amount of time.

I'm now in a similar situation. We're taking the kids to Disney in two weeks, and staying for a week. 

If I can motivate myself, I might start tonight, or tommorow and see how it goes.

I've got 35+ years of gaming in me. In that time, I don't think I've encountered a game that I have to "make" myself play...

Even a free ship isn't really enough to motivate.

Edited by Wulfgarn

Members
3,794 posts
14,076 battles

I played 7 Ranked battles this season and got up to Rank 15 when I realized that I wasn't having much fun, so I stopped there.

[RLGN]
Members
8,266 posts
17,289 battles
1 hour ago, Kitsunelegend said:

Meanwhile I'm just sitting on the sidelines, with a bucket of popcorn, and enjoying all the salt that ranked creates. =3

That'll be me from here on out as well...

47 minutes ago, Fishrokk said:

(snip)

#dadjoke humor aside, good job, OP!  I'm still at the 'I'll get to rank 15 and then bail' stage.  Two games in so far, all I got was one star farther from the goal.

:Smile_facepalm:

Yeah; six and seven were so chock full of that; win a star; loose two..

Something additional I blame bad performance in previous seasons on is jumping around between too many ships. From now on, (unless they do a Tier 5 Ranked season, the last tier I haven't 'cleaned up,') then from now on I'm going to pick a single ship and just play using that.

Members
1,305 posts
21,091 battles
12 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Actually...   I have CDO.

That's OCD alphabetized.

I thought that was dyslexic OCD?

And I'm having a really tough time too.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,845 posts
13,820 battles

Double post. 

Pay No Attention to internet hic up. 

Edited by RedSeaBear

[NDA]
Supertester
4,845 posts
13,820 battles
33 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

I thought that was dyslexic OCD?

And I'm having a really tough time too.

Shouldn't Dyslexia be spelled Aixelsyd so the people who have it know what they have? 

:cap_hmm:

• Funny 1

[TDG]
Members
1,192 posts
6,016 battles
16 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Shouldn't Dyslexia be spelled Aixelsyd so the people who have it know what they have? 

:cap_hmm:

It isn't just backward, it's jumbled.

There was a "Dyslexics Untie!" button I saw years ago.  It was months before I got the joke as I saw "Dyslexics Unite!" every time I looked at it.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,728 posts
8,274 battles

I managed to go R14 but I don't have the patience to keep playing. I guess I'll leave rank with you. I only had one ranked game with you, it was good to see someone knowing what he's doing. 

• Cool 1

[TDG]
Members
1,192 posts
6,016 battles

My focus will be on the Campaigns until I complete them.  Once done, or while waiting for the next unlock, I will pursue Ranked.

I hope to match last year with Rank 11.  I would love to see Rank 10, but I do not feel the need to push any further.

[RLGN]
Members
8,266 posts
17,289 battles
50 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

I managed to go R14 but I don't have the patience to keep playing. I guess I'll leave rank with you. I only had one ranked game with you, it was good to see someone knowing what he's doing. 

Thanks.

Members
2,291 posts
4,119 battles
5 hours ago, Mykawa said:

If your OCD then you must see for yourself how far you can go by 25 games. 

Na just keep hitting battle. Just setup a side game and let the stars land where they do.

For me currently it' what's more tanky an amagi vs Alabama. Right now amagi is winning with 2.5m pot damage,  110k damage taken and 16 fires. 

[WOLF4]
Members
122 posts
5,847 battles

Well, I'm giving up at rank 9.  Fated to stop there it seems.  Got to eight last season, then loss after loss after loss - exactly the same this season.  RNG and MM and an apparent skill plateau are all like, nope, you shall not pass.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
352 posts
5,192 battles

Managed to reach 9 last season, and I just hit 11 a moment ago this season.  I've never once reached rank 1, but this time I really want to try it.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,412 posts
9,576 battles

Won my first Ranked battle this season (after 3 straight losses to start out).

Might try another or two. 

I'm getting to the point I need to psych myself into thinking it's just another battle of little consequences and just do my best.

Like my sig says...  If you feel like playing one..  Play one - then walk away. 

Don't plan for the next one, don't go into analysis paralysis, and don't take on any stupid commitments to mess with your life.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,500 battles
14 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Ever since the frustration of Ranked season 2, (my first,) I've pretty much resigned myself to just getting to R15 and the season flag.

Lack of strategic sense, lack of patience, the fault of my own skill ceiling; call it what you will; I recognized I didn't have what it took to join the exalted Ranks.

The last few seasons have been very bad. Partly due to the above, and partly due to evening out the number of times I've used each ship in Ranked. Yeah, a bit OCD, but there you have it.

The most positive thing though is that it took me fewer and few games each season to get where I wanted, R15.

In season 6, it took about 35 battles; in season 7, about 25 battles.

Season 8 comes along; and I looked with dread on WST to see what I would need to even up this time around... 'All ships hidden by filters.' !!!

Turned out; I'd never played using a T8 ship in the previous seasons where that was a possibility; which meant I could do what I'd been working towards all along; picking a SINGLE ship, and sticking with it; no matter what.

I choose Akizuki; a ship I've felt good using, and dare say, have had at least a bit of fun with; (SEVENTEEN citadels on a Ranger I caught all alone, and beating to death a Gearing at the same time he MAD'ed me being two such occasions.)

TEN games. I took me ten games this season to reach R15. Seven wins, and three losses. I feared no destroyer except another Akizuki; cruisers, yeah I hated to encounter them, and most battleships (but not all, bloody secondaries,) were nothing to worry about either.

In any case; I'm out. Too all of you pushing on; Good luck and good sailing. May RNG be kind; may your eye be true, and may the salt and stress stay low.

I started rank 17, took out Lo Yang 6 times, got to rank 15 and called it a season. I usually can hit 11 or 12 then just done.