Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
cringingchicken

help me undestand

8 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
5,776 battles

1st picture I hit a DD with 5 out of 9 rounds from a New Mexico by all accounts  the destroyer should have been nearly destroyed and yet it wasn't 

2nd picture what is with the pink streamers?

shot-17_12.27_17_10.25-0378.thumb.jpg.fea33bc3d7a82f9b7b4501f6b02ab5dd.jpgshot-17_12.27_13_12.44-0228.thumb.jpg.cb37a73a7a9dfe3da6c17829bc3ef45c.jpg

Edited by cringingchicken
adding a name

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

You "can" wipe a DD off the map with AP salvo but it's not a common thing. I used to argue on this for weeks on end... imagine the holes punched through the hull of a DD if five Tirpitz size rounds hit it at the waterline. But no see... they have super duper repair cre... what? Oh... okay... uhm... they're very floaty. 

Hope that helps ;-) 

[H-W-C]
Members
1,262 posts
3,355 battles
Just now, cringingchicken said:

the ship was a fuso and  [MV_BR] aclaudiof

Exactly. I decided after looking at your ship and the length of the ship name that it was a Fuso. Fuso is Japanese. Yamamoto is Japanese. Yamato is a special captain and makes the shell trails of the ship you place him on pink.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,436 battles
17 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

Exactly. I decided after looking at your ship and the length of the ship name that it was a Fuso. Fuso is Japanese. Yamamoto is Japanese. Yamato is a special captain and makes the shell trails of the ship you place him on pink.

Know the feeling about putting hole in dds. HE them. Heat of battle it's sometimes easy to forget to change shell types.

[HEROS]
Members
1,431 posts
12,102 battles

if ya wanna kill a DD with AP Over pens, shoot em lengthwise!  Like coring an apple!   

An overpen that passes through the hit box of thing that go boom  (torpedo reloads, magazines, that sort of thing) will cause a DD to go away.  Best ammo to use on em with big ships is HE but only because it in theory won't overpen  (trust me 14" HE can overpen a DD.. I have a fuso, I've seen ir happen and yes it is very rare!)  And then there's "short Fused" AP.. which is a lot less likely to overpen! .  Toss in mechanics like "saturation"

Best ammo to shoot at DD's is what you got loaded right now!  They small, agile, hard to hit.  SHooting em is somewhat RNG dependent, but then again the more ya hit em, the less of a factor that is.  And that is why smart players focus DD early if they can.  Fortunatly for we DD players this can't possibly be more then about a 1/3rd of the player population!  (if that much!)

on the other hand.. lets see, Fuso, 12 guns..overpen damage something like 1200 per round.. there sits a 7200 HP DD.. I got hit em with 6 round minimum to take em out... might take more then one salvo... Might hit em with just one round that overpens but passes through the magazine when it does.. killed with one round!

And that's the way it works..

Sign in to follow this