Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
c68

matchmaker CV

9 comments in this topic

[CCO37]
Members
45 posts
14,837 battles

played 7 games in a row with poor playing CV players. when I ran  the stats most I was stuck with had under 150 plays an the other teams where mostly 50%+ win ratio's and 1000+ games.  like the seal clubbing games in Warplane. fun for them, waste of time for the other side.  Also limit Radar ships in tier7 per side. seen way to many 2 Atlanta's or Belfasts on one side and none on the other.  how many of you remember the  1 CV on 1side none on your side games. those where a lot of FUN.   

[KNFA]
Beta Testers
214 posts
3,334 battles
1 hour ago, c68 said:

played 7 games in a row with poor playing CV players. when I ran  the stats most I was stuck with had under 150 plays an the other teams where mostly 50%+ win ratio's and 1000+ games.  like the seal clubbing games in Warplane. fun for them, waste of time for the other side.  Also limit Radar ships in tier7 per side. seen way to many 2 Atlanta's or Belfasts on one side and none on the other.  how many of you remember the  1 CV on 1side none on your side games. those where a lot of FUN.   

used to win most of those games funny enough... All they need to do is work out what kind of debuff or buff to use to help the team without one such as losing planes when staying to close to destroyers for to long.  then they can free up the MM and CV players won't have to wait ages if it is off peak times.

[SALVO]
Members
17,156 posts
17,832 battles
1 hour ago, c68 said:

c68, the problem is that there's a vast skill gap in CV players.  Also, CVs leverage players skill FAR too greatly.  A really good CV player can make a CV OP, while a bad CV player can take the same CV and be nearly as effective as an AFK ship.

Running CVs is a LOT different than playing non-carriers.  Well, yeah, anyone who's played a CV battle knows that.  But, it's more than just playing on a top down UI, etc.  Playing CV's well with the current carrier UI requires a LOT of multitasking and micro-management skills.  And the inclusion of ALT attacks on top of merely having to manage 3-6 or more squadrons of planes only makes the entire thing much more complicated.  And frankly probably overwhelms a great many players.  

IMHO, the ALT attacks need to go, strafing most of all. Playing a carrier and managing its squadrons needs to be made a lot simpler, so that more people are able to play them at a competent level, not just CV unicum mains.

[CCO37]
Members
45 posts
14,837 battles

just finished a Tier 7 with an absolute awful CV player had  225 games played 42% win rate over all and a 29% with his Ranger!!  other teams CV ? you know it 4K games 60%win rate and with his KAGA 81% win rate. Now I play mostly IJN DD. (miss the days with the LONG LANCE  15k torps.) the Kaga didn't even bother to use there fighters to kill our CV's planes, just parked his fighters over each of our DD's .  got 2 hole shell hit's and shotdown 1 plane . FUN  

[PNG]
Alpha Tester
1,421 posts
11,249 battles

Another problem with CV's is due to the captain skills and the upgrades. Such as damage boosters for planes... Or the adding a extra fighter.

While it is in the game... It's not the best for balance. Example I have a Kaga. Kaga's supposed to have crappy fighters. But if I use the dogfight expert ability I can beat most opponents hands down in a fight. This is especially true if you have air superiority and the other does not.

• Cool 1

[CCO37]
Members
45 posts
14,837 battles

well this is an all new LOW had a tier  6 CV player score  22pts ? AFK ships score higher!! and the other teams CV sunk 5 of our ships for our CV shooting down 1 plane!!  what a tremendous waste of time!!  our CV had a whole 300 games played? there team 3500 . if you are going to play CV please know what you are doing!!  need to have more Balance games and less of these.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

So your saying random play should be more like Stat Based MM? Or equally divided games played? Or your so great you need better players on your team? What is the real base problem your addressing?

[CCO37]
Members
45 posts
14,837 battles

yes with CV's they need to match players by stats. not just random. because as was found out when CV's where introduced and they had some battles where one side had a CV and the other side didn't the win lose was heavy in favor of the team with a  CV. well now it is the same . a POOR CV player up against an Much better one  same results. all this weekend have not won a battle with a CV on my team.

Screenshot (2).png

Sign in to follow this