You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
warpath_33

Not the best start to Nagato

9 comments in this topic

[H-W-C]
Members
1,262 posts
3,355 battles

This is not the most encouraging way to kick off my Nagato grind...

shot-17_12.27_17_14.23-0480.thumb.jpg.326b7f2353a782c964beb24812b8738c.jpg

*loses in co-op as first battle in Nagato*

[TBW]
Members
6,417 posts
12,065 battles

Understandable, if there were a lot of bots on your team. What I can't quite fathom is when you lose and there are all humans on your team.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,262 posts
3,355 battles

Spoiler

we were all real players I'm so embarrassed now

[RLGN]
Members
8,297 posts
17,360 battles
1 hour ago, warpath_33 said:

*loses in co-op as first battle in Nagato*

Harsh realm...

1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Understandable, if there were a lot of bots on your team. What I can't quite fathom is when you lose and there are all humans on your team.

I've seen 'player' bots do better than humans sometimes, Especially when my CV squads race out and nuke the first bot DD before it can mutual suicide with its opposite. 

When the idiot player bots get past that initial foolishness still alive, they usually do pretty good.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,603 posts
4,057 battles
1 hour ago, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Takao said:

Stock IJN BBs are tough, plus u trade the shotgun Fusou for the accurate 8 gun Nagato this boat will teach u how to aim really well

Hmm.  I must have rolled my saving throw.

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,400 posts
5,111 battles

The fuso-Nagato transition is rough. Going from a shotgun with 14" rifles to a "sniper rifle" with 16" rifles is difficult because you have to relearn how to aim with teh new guns, and at the same time have fewer guns to counteract any poor aim. Trust me though, Nagato is a monster once you grasp the lead for the 16" rifles. Much better than Fuso IMO.

[KNTAI]
Members
173 posts
4,932 battles

...stock hull Nagato is painful, that is all. Trying to get used to her after being accustomed to Fuso's massive 12-gun shotgun salvos is a challenge in itself, and that massive 32 second reload doesn't help at all. I recall losing 7 or 8 games in a row with her when I first started playing her a few months ago.

But once you get accustomed to her and get her B hull upgrade, she can easily give T8 battleships a run for their money. She's often seen as the 2nd worst battleship of her tier (next to Colorado, at least according to Warships Today) but I've managed to make her work but I do admit that it's not a feat you can accomplish easily. You just have to get accustomed to not showing your citadels and bow tank as much as possible (though it rarely works against T8s and against T9s...just forget it).

Honestly though, I never really liked the Fuso even though her reload time is a dream come true for any BB player. Definitely can't go back to her now that I'm used to Nagato and Amagi.

Members
311 posts
2,336 battles

Welcome to pre Yamato high tier IJN, your shells will bounce off everything, see a cruiser showing some nice juicy broadside? Welp sorry thats 8 ricochets, see a destroyer trying to suicide torp? 6 richochets on his broadside (this happened to me when a fubuki rushed me and I can honestly say I wasnt happy about it) and the battleships, well, I dont even bother firing at battleships that arent entirely unangled or a KM BB at range since they have nice squishy decks to punch through and dont even try to CQC a BB or you're going to end up getting instantly quad citadeled when all your shells fail to pen his broadside, tiss the life of an IJN BB.