You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
JessieTheKitty

About Horn Sounds.

39 comments in this topic

[BLUMR]
Members
2,050 posts
7,265 battles

@Pigeon_of_War @Radar_X @SuperNikoPower when you blare a horn you guys made it so santa goes HO HO HO in a really creepy way. **but im not going to go on about that** but i was suggesting if maybe we can have it so it gives a squall of seagulls distantly. for example in the movie Battleship the arleigh burke class destoryer gives a warning with her horn. and you can hear seagulls just squawking in the background and it just sounds amazing. 

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
1,139 posts
6,848 battles

I like the horn sounds, minus the HO HO HO... and it hasn't been nearly as annoying in battles as I thought it would be. 

Can we keep the horns after the holidays? They are actually useful if a teammate is about to run into you or if you go to pass by a teammate and think they might fire... just a bit of "Hey, I'm here!" for those who might be completely zoomed in and unaware of their surroundings.

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Members
285 posts
5,269 battles

I love the horn, especially when I am driving a fast cruiser.  I can zoom past a ship close to it and give it a horn, like a friendly wave and “follow me”.

Did it once when driving an Atlanta and there was another Atlanta going slowly, he followed me and the sheer amount of shells we flung out was really fun, and no planes got past us.  :)

[INTEL]
Members
6,675 posts
25,826 battles

Dislike them so I turned them off in Settings->Audio.

Guess what? It's bugged. All it did is turned off my "N"  key. I still hear the horns. Thanks WG!

[BLUMR]
Members
2,050 posts
7,265 battles
14 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

I like the horn sounds, minus the HO HO HO... and it hasn't been nearly as annoying in battles as I thought it would be. 

Can we keep the horns after the holidays? They are actually useful if a teammate is about to run into you or if you go to pass by a teammate and think they might fire... just a bit of "Hey, I'm here!" for those who might be completely zoomed in and unaware of their surroundings.

thats what im saying. swap hohoho for seagulls

[O_O]
Members
4,432 posts
9,618 battles
33 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

for example in the movie Battleship the arleigh burke class destoryer gives a warning with her horn. and you can hear seagulls just squawking in the background and it just sounds amazing. 

If you ever mention the movie "Battleship" again, you deserve a ban.  That movie was THAT bad.

Other than that, I approve of your suggestion.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Funny 2

[BLUMR]
Members
2,050 posts
7,265 battles
Just now, desmo_2 said:

If you ever mention the movie "Battleship" again, you deserve a ban.  That movie was THAT bad.

eh. it was decent in some parts. but there is hardly any good naval movies out there

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[BLUMR]
Members
2,050 posts
7,265 battles
3 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

but if you want bad you can just go watch the final countdown. story line was ok but execution was just.... what?

• Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
1,609 posts
6,769 battles
4 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

It was not that bad...best part for me was when they dropped anchor and slid the ship sideways and opened fire, while it may not really happen, it was cool.

To the horn issue: every time I hear it I get this creepy feeling that someone is about to offer me candy and lure me into their van.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,050 posts
7,265 battles
1 minute ago, Judge_Doom said:

It was not that bad...best part for me was when they dropped anchor and slid the ship sideways and opened fire, while it may not really happen, it was cool.

To the horn issue: every time I hear it I get this creepy feeling that someone is about to offer me candy and lure me into their van.

but.... thats a good feeling? right? right....? anyways yeh that scene was pretty cool with grandpa saying lets drop some lead on those mother f**kers

[PVE]
Members
1,609 posts
6,769 battles
8 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

but.... thats a good feeling? right? right....? anyways yeh that scene was pretty cool with grandpa saying lets drop some lead on those mother f**kers

Yep, gramps makes me smile and laugh every time I watch that movie and see that scene, thank god for salty old navy farts lol

[BLUMR]
Members
2,050 posts
7,265 battles
32 minutes ago, Judge_Doom said:

Yep, gramps makes me smile and laugh every time I watch that movie and see that scene, thank god for salty old navy farts lol

yeh lol every game in my missy i always have to quote that

[HAIFU]
[HAIFU]
Members
86 posts
3,760 battles

I really hope the horn sounds stay, since they're easily the best feature of the whole game ^_^ xoxo

[PVE]
Members
5,682 posts
18,265 battles

I hate spam. I hate it in chat and I hate it when someone has just discovered the function key commands. I am a grumpy old man... With that said, I really love the horns, not sure why but they always put a smile on my face when people honk them at the beginning of the match. I love hearing the different ones from my different ships. I could live without the added Christmas stuff, the horns themselves are just wonderful. The "cool down" period helps to keep them from being annoying so am very happy with functionality. IMHO the addition and implementation of the horns is a definite win, well done Wargaming.

• Cool 1

Members
883 posts
9,117 battles
20 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I hate spam. I hate it in chat and I hate it when someone has just discovered the function key commands. I am a grumpy old man... With that said, I really love the horns, not sure why but they always put a smile on my face when people honk them at the beginning of the match. I love hearing the different ones from my different ships. I could live without the added Christmas stuff, the horns themselves are just wonderful. The "cool down" period helps to keep them from being annoying so am very happy with functionality. IMHO the addition and implementation of the horns is a definite win, well done Wargaming.

Somewhat grumpy, not ready to be called old - fully agree.  I play to win and expected to hate the horns, I love them the most.  ...nothing like salting the wound of a red you just tore apart with a couple blasts of the horn. 

• Cool 1

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
1,139 posts
6,848 battles
15 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Oh it wasn't THAT bad.

Was it an accurate naval piece? NO. Was it a fast, sci-fi, scrappy humans beat back the alien invaders flick in the same genre as Independence Day and Cowboys vs Aliens? Yes.

I also enjoyed the way they paid homage to the classic Battleship game through the use of tsunami buoys to create a grid and the clever shaping of alien projectiles like pegs.

Of course the way they club hauled Missouri at the end would never have worked, but it was bold in Pirates of the Caribbean style.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

I am playing on the PTS ho ho ho is gone but the horns are still there. I hope it means they are staying it is helping with collision avoidance.

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

Hate the horns. Went into the UI and turned off the feature (which only turns off YOUR N key, still makes you hear everyone else blaring their horns) - but since then, if anyone sounds their horn near me... I have to listen to it non-stop until the end of the match (even after death).

Please take out the horns or at the very least let us disable hearing them.

• Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Members
1,551 posts
8,274 battles

Hey

Speaking of sounds; when you adjust the throttle on the Italian ship (Giulio Cesare) and it make that interesting ding each time you change speeds.  What is that sound/ding copied from?   I have heard that same sound somewhere before but can't think where.  Curious.

Pete

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,143 posts
6,492 battles
On 27/12/2017 at 5:30 PM, bigbearbeear said:

I love the horn, especially when I am driving a fast cruiser.  I can zoom past a ship close to it and give it a horn, like a friendly wave and “follow me”.

Yeah I expected the horns to be awful, but they're actually a fun little addition.  The mechanic around the timer is nearly perfect.

[PLPTR]
Members
42 posts
3,460 battles
On 12/28/2017 at 7:28 AM, Taylor3006 said:

This^

And I had just gotten my battleship Missouri a few days ago. I put her in a match and I was leading a charge into a cap with support, well an allied Baltimore sailing the other way in retreat had skidded into an island and was sitting perpendicular to my Mo as I went to pass.  He started to reverse, so I laid on the horn, and it was beautiful. An audio effect to signal to players, "Hey, watch your surroundings." The Baltimore ceased engines, the player apologized that he didn't see me, and my force proceeded into the cap unobstructed by an any allied traffic jams and we subsequently won the match for our quick capture.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,050 posts
7,265 battles
19 hours ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Speaking of sounds; when you adjust the throttle on the Italian ship (Giulio Cesare) and it make that interesting ding each time you change speeds.  What is that sound/ding copied from?   I have heard that same sound somewhere before but can't think where.  Curious.

Pete

I noticed it was a different then any other as well. I think you could be remembering the older way of letting the engine room know how fast you would like to go

the movie titanic has this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg9VDvAQ-1k

[BLUMR]
Members
2,050 posts
7,265 battles
19 hours ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Pete

I noticed it was a different then any other as well. I think you could be remembering the older way of letting the engine room know how fast you would like to go

the movie titanic has this

Members
1,551 posts
8,274 battles

Hey

No: what I mean is either it's some kind of a household product sound, a video game sound or something like that.  Unfortunately I just can't place where I have heard that unique ding sound when increasing or decreasing the throttle on the Giulio Cesare.  It's bugging me to figure it out.  LOL

Pete

Members
65 posts
750 battles

I do hope they keep the horns and adding the sound of seagulls instead of the HO HO HO sounds great to me!