You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LoveBote

Wargaming officially supports cheating

10 comments in this topic

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,771 posts
6,976 battles

"I think OPG issue worth separate comment since I see this topic brought back whenever anyone mentiones Clan Battles.

Please understand that fair play has very high value in our eyes, especially in competitive enovironment and we'll never hesitate to punish anyone who goes against it, via i.e. match rigging. Over the course of whole 1st season we were tracking rating behavior and it's yields per win/lose closely, as well as overall performance of Clan Battles matchmaker.

When Clans started moving their members around closer to the end of the season (mostly because they wanted to farm oil for sub clan or because they didn't feel confident enough to play with their main clan at given evening), other players suspected shady behavior and brought this to our attention even before it hit forums. We conducted rigorous investigation and we haven't found any reasonable or sensible possibility to cheat rating by moving members around.

While I don't know much about internal NA community atmosphere, I know a lot about how our rating system works (source: I'm one of the guys responsible for it's design). And from development side I can confirm that:

• You can't fish for specific clan in matchmaker - you can't reliably know who you will face and we have additional "blacklist" on top of that. So, when you matched once against certain clan, you physically can't match against them for a while.
  • You can't influence ladder standings of other top clans by using smurf clan in any significant way. If it would've been possible - we would've imposed severe clan switching penalties from the start. Take amount of time you need to rank up second clan and then add amount of battles you have to play to meet your opponent at least once (and you may still lose in that battle), and you realise that by playing all the same battles with their main clan, OPG could've get even more rating. (And since they match against tops with smurf clan, they are in their main clan matchmaker bracket anyways).

(On a side note - clan switching cooldown may actually be implemented later, but it won't be severe, because, again, you can't abuse your ladder standing by moving to smurf clan and playing there).

Wish you happy new year and thanks for reading."

Well why the title? Because WG seems to think, in line with some of the mega multi hypermarket sized clans (or alliance of many clans under one name/logo/banner), that moving players between sub clans to artificially boost weaker clans, is ok, and hurts nobody. FALSE!

This hurts small independent clans, it distorts the meta of Clan Wars, is an indirect method of rigging/fixing matches and competition results.

ergo: cheating.

Wargaming by expressing overt approval of the practice of moving expert clan members between sub clans to boost their "potatoe" clans and farm oil, is expressing support for cheating.
Disgraceful.

• Cool 10
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 6

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,771 posts
6,976 battles
1 minute ago, tcbaker777 said:

aaaaaaaaand this topic is going to be locked or deleted

delete a comment made by a WG rep? Surely not?

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
2 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

He clearly states it makes no difference.

You can't influence ladder standings of other top clans by using smurf clan in any significant way

I can't say I even care since I think Clan Wars is [edited], but the guy who says he helped design it probably knows how it works ...

Edited by w4spl3g

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,124 posts
7,655 battles
Just now, JCC45 said:

No but your editorializing probably crosses a line.

BWAHWHAHA!  Totally off topic, but I giggle snorted at your avatar, JCC45!

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,771 posts
6,976 battles
Just now, JCC45 said:

No but your editorializing probably crosses a line.

you are no fun. editorializing? copy/paste from reddit, that's all, zero editing of the WG rep comments.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
5 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

Not for that, but for the allegation you have levied at WG.

[WGA]
Developers, Administrator, Moderator, F&F, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
1,091 posts
3,740 battles

Here we go with a nice lock.

Lemme place this right here....there. 

To future note, click-baity titles like that will also get a lock. Constructive criticism = great, accepted and read. 
Blatant lies like "Wargaming officially supports cheating"? To the locked-archive with thee. 

• Cool 9
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 6