You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Raging_Capt_Bob

ranked battles fail

31 comments in this topic

Members
65 posts
9,012 battles

I wanna know why in over 50 battles I cant win 2 games in a row so ranked mm is got to be rigged no way u lose that much! just my opinion but never gonna play ranked again or give this company 1 dime. I can play same ship in  random and do so much better, so don't tell me only great players in ranked it has to be the way teams are picked unless your a pro player and can carry.

• Boring 2

[TDD]
Members
905 posts
7,942 battles

always look for the common denominator...that's usually the answer

btw, if your so good in randoms why ya hiding ya stats?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
436 posts
18,701 battles

so from looking at your stats, it's not ranked and it's not the server. Looks like the issue is you. Your stats across the board are to put it nicely, well there abysmal.... In the last 30 days, you have a win rate of 43% and a survival rate of 23%. 

Your best ship is the Lo Yang and your numbers in it aren't very good. Ranked play just may not be your cup of tea buddy. 

Your Stats here >>>> https://na.warships.today/player/1001935514/Ima_Bullseye

Edited by Filthy_Pelican

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,390 battles
3 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

if your so good in randoms why ya hiding ya stats?

nina_blain makes a good point. Ghostdog wonders also.

th?id=OIP.RtGeszUb-yjGTAhAJ1YJnwD0D_&pid 

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,390 battles
3 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

Your stats across the board are to put it nicely, well there abysmal

3 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

Ranked play just may not be your cup of tea buddy

Ouch....That hurt.

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles
4 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

so from looking at your stats, it's not ranked and it's not the server. Looks like the issue is you. Your stats across the board are to put it nicely, well there abysmal.... In the last 30 days, you have a win rate of 43% and a survival rate of 23%. 

Your best ship is the Lo Yang and your numbers in it aren't very good. Ranked play just may not be your cup of tea buddy. 

See the source image

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles
20 minutes ago, Ima_Bullseye said:

I wanna know why in over 50 battles I cant win 2 games in a row so ranked mm is got to be rigged no way u lose that much! just my opinion but never gonna play ranked again or give this company 1 dime. I can play same ship in  random and do so much better, so don't tell me only great players in ranked it has to be the way teams are picked unless your a pro player and can carry.

In reality many of the best players in the game will take well over 100-200 games to rank out. 50 games in you should start noticing trends and start to use them to your advantage. there is nothing wrong with struggling with a new game mode. Focus not on winning but smaller things like staying alive longer, ensuring you get a cap ...stuff like that.....the wins will come only if you adapt, if you play your game without changing....you can continue to expect the same results.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,390 battles
3 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

In reality many of the best players in the game will take well over 100-200 games to rank out. 50 games in you should start noticing trends and start to use them to your advantage. there is nothing wrong with struggling with a new game mode. Focus not on winning but smaller things like staying alive longer, ensuring you get a cap ...stuff like that.....the wins will come only if you adapt, if you play your game without changing....you can continue to expect the same results.

And stay alive..

[INTEL]
Members
793 posts
8,257 battles
11 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

And stay alive..

This.. this... and again... this!!!!

My wr, avg dmg, and kills took a nice upswing as soon as I stopped getting myself deleted in the first 5 min. Not saying hide but think about what you're doing before you do it. When I follow my own advice I tend to win.

Dead ships dont do anything positive for the team.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
196 posts
5,776 battles

Look on the bright side, If you play enough battles at 50% win rate.. provided you save a star here or there..  you will rank out.  However, if you are frustrated at 50 battles, I take it that you probably aren't one of those guys who will play 500+ battles to complete this.  

Problem with a lot of players who play dd..  they don't understand the fundamentals of playing dd (scout, cap control, outplay other dd's).  Playing dd (and cruiser for the most part) requires you to understand the game & ship mechanics (a bit more than bb imo)...and frankly very few actually get this.  Not only that, but playing in ranked is different then playing in randoms.  The DD suicide rate is extremely high and generally is why teams lose in ranked.  oh and score mechanics...   I  have been told by more players than I can count that you win games in ranked or random by killing more ships than the enemy.   

To simply say "stay alive" while I'm sure has good intentions - is simply not enough to tip a loss to a win.  The difference in good vs average vs bad is not just simply staying alive, it's getting a cap, contesting a cap, baiting radar, resetting a cap, spotting for team, protecting team, not equally trading hp with other dd's, using consumables properly, thus giving your team that slight edge all while not dying - that's a big difference - and is why some can rank out in 100 games versus others 500+ all with the same teammates and "rigged mm"... 

I'd suggest  improving in the game if you want to progress in ranked faster (look at youtube - flambass I would suggest for fun and good dd play - this will probably help you understand the fundamentals of dd and how you can improve your own gameplay)... or choose to hit the battle button time and time again... or simply jump back over to random when you have had enough.  My 2 cents.

* I focused on dd's above since OP seems to primarily play dd - but generally speaking it goes for any class and ranked team.  

Edited by Simers72
  • Cool 3

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
721 posts
11,930 battles
1 hour ago, Ima_Bullseye said:

... I cant win 2 games in a row so ranked mm is got to be rigged...

With respect, I believe you could really benefit from clicking the link at the very bottom of my signature and reading the linked post.

Am

[SF-E]
Members
354 posts
9,789 battles

@Ima_Bullseye, perhaps a little perspective would be helpful. View ranked as a training ground. You will get good personal experience as well as game XP. Let's be honest, many random matches are a hot mess that lack any coordination. Ranked, with smaller teams, provides an environment for a player to really improve their own skill which is portable to randoms, clan wars, or another season of ranked.

I would not look at ranking out as something you can get by simply showing up. There are no participation trophies or easy modes. Think of ranked as a competitive battleground that gives you the opportunity to improve your own skill. If improvement is your reward, then play ranked. If you want participation trophies, play the scenarios. Scenarios are a great way to enjoy the mechanics of the game while having a lot of forgiveness for mistakes.

Happy hunting.

[OPG]
Supertester
1,899 posts
10,229 battles
26 minutes ago, _Big_Lou_ said:

I would not look at ranking out as something you can get by simply showing up. There are no participation trophies or easy modes.

Ahh, if only this was true, but sadly it is most definitely not so.  Ranking out is simply a measure of determination to grind, wherein how many times you have to hit the battle button is somewhat dependent upon your skill.  But ultimately the vast majority of the playerbase if given enough games will rank out due to dumb luck.  Now if it had some win rate requirement then yes you would be correct, but again alas it does not.  

• Bad 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,044 posts
17,674 battles
3 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

Ahh, if only this was true, but sadly it is most definitely not so.  Ranking out is simply a measure of determination to grind, wherein how many times you have to hit the battle button is somewhat dependent upon your skill.  But ultimately the vast majority of the playerbase if given enough games will rank out due to dumb luck.  Now if it had some win rate requirement then yes you would be correct, but again alas it does not.  

Synd INC, I can't quite agree with this.

If you have a 50% WR and rarely ever end up as the top XP loser, you're going to have a massively hard time advancing.  OTOH, if you have a 50% WR, but are good enough to regularly and consistently be the top XP loser, you'll advance fairly quickly.  If you fight 10 battles, with a 50% WR and happen to the top XP earner in your losses, look at it this way.  Your effective WR would be 100% rather than 50%, because those no-star-lost losses are like battles that never occurred.  hence the 100% effective WR.

Now, yes, if you had a 50% WR with on 1 out of 5 losses being a no-star-loss, you'd be gaining 1 star for every 10 battles.  And I suppose that given enough time and patience, you could rank out even at that rate.  That said, I'd think that one needs to do at least a little better than that if you want to make the grind bearable.

• Cool 1

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
436 posts
18,701 battles
25 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

It takes a lot more to rank out especially to get stars once you get to Rank 5 and up.  Then the grind is real and the play is real. If you wander off alone the wolves eat you quickly. There are no solo warriors ranking out and no one is being carried to #1. What it takes is some tactics, some luck, a lot of time and a great deal of patience for all the stuff you cant control. Best of luck to you this year. 

[-TAB-]
Members
1,603 posts
5,163 battles
2 hours ago, Ima_Bullseye said:

hi ima.

I want to help !! will need some information from you so I can provide the maximum help to you.

1) what is the problem? please state it clearly, concisely, and sans emotion. if you can remain calm, those of us on the forum here that live to serve and help will be able to give you what you need.

2) who is picking on you? is it deep purple players, with nasty attitudes and salty comments in battle chat? is it RNG gone wild? is it poopoohead MM ??

3) try to use proper spellin, capitalization, and occasionally put a comma or period in, so it does not become a miniwall of venting ranting text for us to translate.

all I get from your post is you do not feel you have received your dime's worth. that is not very much to spend to win in this game!! I personally have invested thousands in an effort to become a super unicum deep purple monster making everybody sad and depressed when they see me on the red team. so far i'm only having that effect on the green team, but it's not stopping me!!

thanks for writing, ima, keep up the good play. happy holidays.

[SF-E]
Members
354 posts
9,789 battles
1 hour ago, SyndicatedINC said:

But ultimately the vast majority of the playerbase if given enough games will rank out due to dumb luck.

Mathematically this is true. At some point, top players begin ranking out which slightly lowers the skill barrier for those left. Given enough time, the entire server would rank out... however, ranked is time limited. The limited time is the critical element and is what is almost always left out of discussions like this.

Based on some quick probability calculations, assuming a 50% win rate with a 1in7 chance of saving a star on a loss, over a sample size of 50 "seasons" from rank 12 to 1:

Average number of games to rank out: 370

There is a big IF there as well: assuming a 50% win rate... A 50% win rate in ranked is not the same as a 50% win rate in randoms. I honestly think the most disappointed players are those who look at their stats and see a 52% win rate and think "if I can just grind games, I'll rank out". The level of skilled play is much higher in the top two leagues of ranked when compared to a typical random match. Note, even players with a 55-60% overall win rate may find some disappointment if their win rate is highly shaped by 3 person division matches.

Simply put: Mistakes in ranked are punished, whether it be ship choice, being too passive, being too aggressive, or simply firing when you should have held the shot. Skill is required to earn stars and the time limit of ranked is what reduces "dumb luck".

Members
730 posts
3,905 battles

Well, I seem to do better in ranked than regular pub matches.  But, I also listen to callers and follow directions (as I did during clan battles).

Watch some youtube videos OP, that should help.  I find them extremely informative!

~B