You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Midnitewolf

Our Assumptions on Musashi replacing Missouri might be wrong

22 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
1,522 battles

So as we all know, the assumption is that the replacement Tier 9 premium for the Missouri is going to be the Musashi and it will be available for Free XP. 

However, in the High School Fleet Section on the PTS announcement they mention the Musashi and then I remembered that the Musashi actually played a pretty big part in that anime so it is entirely possible that the Musashi will be part of the HSF promotion which likely means a cash shop purchase rather than earned through Free XP.

• Funny 1

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

They won't sell t9 premium through a shop.     what they may do, is sell  special HSF  camo   though as option,.  that way,  they can make money with conversion and camo.

• Cool 1

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,128 posts
5,976 battles

I think they planning that event with the Musashi so people who like the anime; will convert free exp to get her ^^

[TF16]
Members
826 posts
5,122 battles

I would say that it'll come with 2 camo's...much in the same way as the MO does.

Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
1,522 battles
5 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Well that could put a crinkle in my plans...

Yeah that is my concern as well.  I took all the gold I got from the Santa's Gift and used the 35 to 1 conversion sale to insure I had enough Free XP available to get the Musashi the day it releases.  

6 minutes ago, Lionel92 said:

And what premium tier 9 BB will replace Missouri then?

I have to admit I would wonder about this as well but have they actually said they would replace the Missouri or did they just say they were removing it?  Also we have French BBs coming on line soon so who knows, maybe WG has some odd ball French design they will add.

5 minutes ago, centarina said:

They won't sell t9 premium through a shop.     what they may do, is sell  special HSF  camo   though as option,.  that way,  they can make money with conversion and camo.

And originally I wouldn't have thought WG would give away a premium ship through an event but then came Graf Spee and now we have Duke of York.  Also I wouldn't have expect WG to offer a Tier 9 premium ship at all in the first place, let alone have it be able to be earned for free in the tech tree.  Experience has taught me never to try to predict what WG will and will not do, if they believe it will make them money.  

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,874 posts
5,259 battles

In the 7.0 patch notes they talk about a "HSF Camo for your Musashi."

So it will be the Tier 9 free xp ship.  They will just have a special HSF camo for it.

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,128 posts
5,976 battles
4 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

I have to admit I would wonder about this as well but have they actually said they would replace the Missouri or did they just say they were removing it?  Also we have French BBs coming on line soon so who knows, maybe WG has some odd ball French design they will add.

Bring Home Mighty Mo

Now's your chance to pick up the US tier IX USS Missouri for in-game Free XP -- she's departing on release of Update 0.7.2 as we roll out a new tier IX battleship that can be acquired with Free XP. We decided two ships occupying the same niche at the time is one too many. Get grinding, you can still get Missouri for about two more months.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,240 posts
12,789 battles

1) This would mean WG selling a T9 premium, something they've never done before and I very strongly doubt they'll ever do.

2) If your suspicion is correct, then there would've been leaks about the actual replacement for Missouri by now. Upcoming ships don't remain secret for long.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
1,522 battles
7 minutes ago, Lert said:

1) This would mean WG selling a T9 premium, something they've never done before and I very strongly doubt they'll ever do.

2) If your suspicion is correct, then there would've been leaks about the actual replacement for Missouri by now. Upcoming ships don't remain secret for long.

Your probably right to be honest.  As I said it just occurred to me that the Musashi was one of the main ships in the anime and the sales and marketing guy in me got me thinking that this would be a great time to break out a one time promotion selling a Tier 9 premium in the cash shop and getting away with it due to it being part of the HSF promotion.  They could probably sell a Tier 9 premium with a special camo for upwards of $100 or more and alot of newer players that don't have 750k XP to convert to free XP would probably jump on it.   

[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles
35 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

I have to admit I would wonder about this as well but have they actually said they would replace the Missouri or did they just say they were removing it?

They said they didn't see the need for two free xp ships at tier 9. If they asked me, which they didn't, I would say there is room for 1 tier 9 free xp ship from each nation.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

Members
3,420 posts
8,276 battles

At this point there's more than ample official information already revealed to verify that Missouri will be departing and Musashi will arrive in 0.6.17.0 or two months. 

If there will in fact be some HSF aspect related to Musashi then I suspect it will come in the form of a special HSF permanent Musashi camo, earned trough a campaign or sold for purchase with doubloons, or there will be some unique kind of epic campaign that earns a complete HSF Musashi - separate from the regular version available with free XP.

Edited by lemekillmister

Members
9,980 posts
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

They said they didn't see the need for two free xp ships at tier 9. If they asked me, which they didn't, I would say there is room for 1 tier 9 free xp ship from each nation.

It's a sales play...There is no logical reason that they couldn't have multiple free xp ships at Tier 9, but a lot of people will be converting lots of xp now, trying to get it before it's gone.

Hopefully they'll rake in enough to invest more into the game, certainly seems to be generating some mass xp conversion.:Smile_teethhappy:

Members
3,420 posts
8,276 battles
4 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You may very well have multiple Musashi, HSF Musashi and the "Normal" Musashi.  Graf Spee sets a precedent for it.

That's how I see it.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Loose Lips sink ships was a real Problem in the world wars. In WoWs the loose lipped  have free reign, It will come out you can bet your Sweet Bippy.

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts

Yeah it's Musashi. WGing does soft leaks regularly and when they don't, SEAGroup leaks the rest. The only two known T9+ Prem Ships coming down the pipe are Stalingrad, already confirmed to be the Clan Wars Reward, and the Salem, which at T10 doesn't fit with the 'replace a T9' and is almost certainty a Ranked Reward, if not to be announced for 7 Rank outs, or for a future 10 Rank outs.

Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
1,522 battles
17 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Yeah it's Musashi. WGing does soft leaks regularly and when they don't, SEAGroup leaks the rest. The only two known T9+ Prem Ships coming down the pipe are Stalingrad, already confirmed to be the Clan Wars Reward, and the Salem, which at T10 doesn't fit with the 'replace a T9' and is almost certainty a Ranked Reward, if not to be announced for 7 Rank outs, or for a future 10 Rank outs.

Well not to derail my own thread but I am really bummed to here that the Stalingrad is going to be a Clan Reward rather than a Tech Tree or normal premium.  I love my "Supercruiser" as I call them, ships like the Scharnhorst, Alaska, Design B-65 Super Type A and Stalingrad which have characteristics of Cruisers, Battlecruiser and Battleships all wrapped up into one and was hoping to collect all of them eventually when they made it into the game.  I don't do Clans so if the Stalingrad is a Clan reward only, I am screwed out of ever owning one.

Back to the main topic.  I think you all have convinced me in regards to the Musashi and it replacing the Missouri as the Tier 9 freemium ship.  I just really hope they don't screw it up trying to balance it for Tier 9 because let be honest, the tightrope WG has to walk in order to take a Yamato and make it viable and fun but not OP at Tier 9 is razorblade thin.  

Members
1,866 posts
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

It's a sales play...There is no logical reason that they couldn't have multiple free xp ships at Tier 9, but a lot of people will be converting lots of xp now, trying to get it before it's gone.

Hopefully they'll rake in enough to invest more into the game, certainly seems to be generating some mass xp conversion.:Smile_teethhappy:

Yeah, instead of earning free XP to get it someday, people are going to convert XP to get it. Then, much later, it will be back for a limited time.

[PVE]
Members
1,607 posts
6,761 battles
2 hours ago, awiggin said:

Me thinks he hit the nail on the head....another money grab scheme brought to you by WG in their infamous wisdom.

[WJDC]
Members
1,257 posts
7,599 battles
3 hours ago, Midnitewolf said:

So as we all know, the assumption is that the replacement Tier 9 premium for the Missouri is going to be the Musashi and it will be available for Free XP. 

However, in the High School Fleet Section on the PTS announcement they mention the Musashi and then I remembered that the Musashi actually played a pretty big part in that anime so it is entirely possible that the Musashi will be part of the HSF promotion which likely means a cash shop purchase rather than earned through Free XP.

They already announced that there is a FreeXP ship replacing Missouri     Read Here

Edited by Elo_J_Fudpucker