Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Skarp_AGW

Signal flags worthless?

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

166
[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

I think not.

There has been a lot of grousing that the special signals available in the $3, and $5 Santa boxes are junk prizes. That is an opinion that I do not share. 

shot-17.12.27_13.19.50-0694.jpg

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,788
Members
9,975 posts
Just now, Skarp_AGW said:

I think not.

There has been a lot of grousing that the special signals available in the $3, and $5 Santa boxes are junk prizes. That is an opinion that I do not share. 

shot-17.12.27_13.19.50-0694.jpg

 

People buy Santa's boxes for ships, the special flags are great, but as compared to the value of a Premium ship? Be serious.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
166
[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

I got ships, never said that the flags were worth more than the ships, but they are far from the worthless junk as some have proclaimed.

You are not going to get a ship in every box. I think the signals and camo, and doubloons, and Premium time are all good box fillers. Better than the Modules from last years crates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,562 posts
12,434 battles

For the $100 I've spent this year, I'll end up with the following: (Rough estimates, but realistic)

A Kii, Perth, Duca and Cesare

2-3 additional 19 pt captains

The ability to purchase back previously sold ships like he Kiev and Chapayev (tons of Wyvern flags)

Enough Free XP to get the Musashi.

The key to flags and camo is knowing how to maximize their use. Below is a an average game.....because of the flags and camo, I have enough of them for well over 100 more games with these types of xp numbers.

HiT1cSg.jpg

Edited by Sweetsie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
234
[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,044 posts
8,052 battles
26 minutes ago, Skarp_AGW said:

I think not.

There has been a lot of grousing that the special signals available in the $3, and $5 Santa boxes are junk prizes. That is an opinion that I do not share. 

shot-17.12.27_13.19.50-0694.jpg

my god that's amazing, not that you used flags to get that much XP, but you did it with the DoY lol

 

j/k.. well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
555
[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,400 battles
20 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

my god that's amazing, not that you used flags to get that much XP, but you did it with the DoY lol

 

j/k.. well done!

I'd take a round like that any time!! As far as the signals go that's actually what I'm after with the camos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
166
[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles
27 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

my god that's amazing, not that you used flags to get that much XP, but you did it with the DoY lol

 

j/k.. well done!

I am actually starting to like the Duke of York.. a bit. It suffers greatly if you get overextended, but the guns are really very accurate. It has encouraged me to move up the British BB line to get to the KGV.

I can use my flags to get there quicker. :Smile_teethhappy:

The game from the screenshot was unusual in that I only fired two salvos of HE. All the rest was AP. The game was saturated with cruisers trying to farm BBs. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,788
Members
9,975 posts
51 minutes ago, Skarp_AGW said:

I got ships, never said that the flags were worth more than the ships, but they are far from the worthless junk as some have proclaimed.

You are not going to get a ship in every box. I think the signals and camo, and doubloons, and Premium time are all good box fillers. Better than the Modules from last years crates.

Well, lets do the math....

You get 15 special flags in a $3 crate, so you paid 20 cents per flag. Now 20 cents per game I guess isn't terrible, but people don't run a single flag, they run multiples for maximum return.

So, now we're talking about 60 to 80 cents to play a single game, good game, bad game, crash game doesn't matter......:cap_hmm:

80 cents a game? 8 dollars to play 10 games? :Smile_amazed:

Sorry, you may consider that a reasonable value, but honestly, while I do enjoy this game at times, that is a bit steep...:Smile_teethhappy:

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
236
[WOLF2]
Members
891 posts
7,244 battles

Those flags certainly do wonders if you're grinding towards a 19pt captain, working towards the next tier, or grinding fxp for a shiny bote.

They made short work of the remaining 150k fxp to get the Missouri

Quickly got my second captain to 19, and the next one up to 16.

And even with a loss - them's some good XP, Cmdr XP, and FXP

 

 

What would a win bring..JPG

What would a win bring -totals.JPG

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,562 posts
12,434 battles
3 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Well, lets do the math....

You get 15 special flags in a $3 crate, so you paid 20 cents per flag. Now 20 cents per game I guess isn't terrible, but people don't run a single flag, they run multiples for maximum return.

So, now we're talking about 60 to 80 cents to play a single game, good game, bad game, crash game doesn't matter......:cap_hmm:

80 cents a game? 8 dollars to play 10 games? :Smile_amazed:

Sorry, you may consider that a reasonable value, but honestly, while I do enjoy this game at times, that is a bit steep...:Smile_teethhappy:

 

there is no real justification for the price charged....but many, including myself continue to pay it.  Similar to smokers...there is no advantage to smoking and yet millions smoke every day. As beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....value is in the wallet of the spender....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
166
[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

Well, lets do the math....

You get 15 special flags in a $3 crate, so you paid 20 cents per flag. Now 20 cents per game I guess isn't terrible, but people don't run a single flag, they run multiples for maximum return.

So, now we're talking about 60 to 80 cents to play a single game, good game, bad game, crash game doesn't matter......:cap_hmm:

80 cents a game? 8 dollars to play 10 games? :Smile_amazed:

Sorry, you may consider that a reasonable value, but honestly, while I do enjoy this game at times, that is a bit steep...:Smile_teethhappy:

 

If you never won anything but flags, those values would be true, but You have to add the value of everything you won (Ships, Doubloons, Premium time) to get their real price. 

You are taking them in isolation. That is only valid for the folks that bought one or two boxes. Most of the people that bought them bought more that that,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24
[PRU]
Members
111 posts
4,272 battles

It also depends on how you value time. I can only play four or five games a night so flags can double or triple my output of cash, XP and Commander XP. Given, I've been around long enough that grinding lines aren't an issue, but for someone who's still in their IV's, flags have great value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
166
[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles
25 minutes ago, Lionel92 said:

USS Free EXP approves the signal flags :Smile_glasses:

shot-17.12.27_20.28.16-0166.jpg

Good Lord! Awesome game.

If Zeus came to play WoWs... he would ride a Mighty Mo to Victory... every game. :Smile_izmena:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,109
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,952 posts
7,526 battles
37 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

Those flags certainly do wonders if you're grinding towards a 19pt captain, working towards the next tier, or grinding fxp for a shiny bote.

They made short work of the remaining 150k fxp to get the Missouri

Quickly got my second captain to 19, and the next one up to 16.

And even with a loss - them's some good XP, Cmdr XP, and FXP

 

 

What would a win bring..JPG

What would a win bring -totals.JPG

Clearly, this guy needs to carry harder. :Smile_trollface:

 

(Kidding, obviously)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
236
[WOLF2]
Members
891 posts
7,244 battles

LOL!    Krakens are pretty rare for this captain.   I just shoot at red botes.    I even let out a "huh?" when the Kraken appeared.   

I was hoping for a win, but when it's three red caps and everyone's hugging the back border?     Guess I could cap and take as many of 'em down. :Smile_izmena:   At least I can save a star - whups... wrong mode 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,912
[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,844 posts
13,064 battles

 

22 hours ago, SpudZero said:

my god that's amazing, not that you used flags to get that much XP, but you did it with the DoY lol

The DoY has a bad rep because of all the negative feedback; primarily that it's nerfed compared to the KGV.  Although the feedback is true, it often leads to the conclusion that the DoY is a bad ship.  The reality is, even with the nerfs (compared to the KGV), it's sill a good T7 BB when played properly.  Think of the KGV as a very good ship and the DoY (with the nerfs) as just a good ship.  It might not be very good like KGV.  But it's still "good". 

 

As an aside, I use my Lion Captain on the DoY...and actually re-spec'd him to maximize his performance on the DoY.  I come to find out the re-spec for the DoY is actually a better spec than I originally had on the Lion.  Go figure, the DoY made me a better Lion player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[WOLF5]
Members
279 posts

..Hmm ,so do you guys play in a different league ? Is there like a pro MM or something ? Because in more than 4k matches, i have never seen anybody getting that much credit or xp,,,not even close. I see people posting these "achievements'  ,but 

the most i have seen is prob the 5k xp range .Mostly  around 1.5-2.0k. Seriously. Kinda fishy...... 

Edited by VonSmallHausenn
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
89
[WFSDL]
Members
610 posts
8,404 battles
9 minutes ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

..Hmm ,so do you guys play in a different league ? Is there like a pro MM or something ? Because in more than 4k matches, i have never seen anybody getting that much credit or xp,,,not even close. I see people posting these "achievements'  ,but 

the most i have seen is prob the 5k xp range .Mostly  around 1.5-2.0k. Seriously. Kinda fishy...... 

They're using multiple XP and FXP flags, 1500 BXP can turn into 10k XP in a hurry.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,866 posts

Of course free ships are nice, although it's a random ship. But the flags and camos help me get tech tree ships. The free premium ships I got last year, I don't even play them, and one I sold for credits. Not many premiums are significantly better than tech tree anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
29 posts
885 battles
On 12/27/2017 at 1:49 PM, Skarp_AGW said:

If you never won anything but flags, those values would be true, but You have to add the value of everything you won (Ships, Doubloons, Premium time) to get their real price. 

You are taking them in isolation. That is only valid for the folks that bought one or two boxes. Most of the people that bought them bought more that that,

Agreed! I purchased two $3 twenty packs and one $5 dollar twenty pack. 

First $3 pack: Dubs, ships, and premium time valued at $145 so the 135 flags I also got cost me $0.

Second $3 pack: Dubs, ships, and premium time valued at $105 so the 135 flags I also got cost me $0.

Twenty $5 crates:  No ships (sad panda), 6000 Dubs, 45 Type 59 camo valued at $50 so I lost $25. 120 flags for $25 would compute to 28 cents a flag. 

None of the 390 frosty camos were included in this calculation. If you include their value overall then all flags and camo would have been at no cost. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
900
Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

I wouldn't have gotten Missouri without all the Free XP flags. That, and the other ones making training captains and grinding ships sooo much easier. They're welcomed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×