You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KalishniKat

My Santa Crate Experience

13 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
247 posts
4,312 battles

bummer for you

I bought 2 of the 20-pack of mega crates (paid for entirely with gift cards I was never going to use), and wound up with:

• October Revolution
  • Arizona
  • Graf Spee
  • Gallant
  • Anshan
  • Huanghe
  • Indianapolis
  • Kii
  • Kidd

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles

While I did not get any ships, I did have two Clan-mates and one forum friend gift me Santa Crates. And with all the camo and signal flags I am up to the Myoko in IJN cruisers so I am happy about that.  

[O_O]
Members
4,406 posts
9,538 battles

@KalishniKat, how many and which crates did you buy?

I bought two x20 $3, and one x5 $3.

I got Hood, Mutsu, Huanghe, and Blyskawica.  With the doubloons received I also bought Giulio Cesare.

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,467 battles
10 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

@KalishniKat, how many and which crates did you buy?

I bought two x20 $3, and one x5 $3.

I got Hood, Mutsu, Huanghe, and Blyskawica.  With the doubloons received I also bought Giulio Cesare.

$75 worth of various size crates. Not sure of the total number but it was a lot more than many who got multiple ships. 

[WOLF2]
Members
265 posts
4,360 battles
59 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

you-want-ships-no-ships-for-you.jpg

I had the same experience with x25 mega crates...

...still salty about it 3 days later.

Edited by WolfmanJack99

[USCC2]
Members
3,558 posts

Guess it all depends on what you have and what you are after (and a bit of luck!).

I haven't bothered with them as I have the ships I want except for one - yet if I buy  crates trying to win it, first I'd need to be lucky enough to roll a ship win, and then I have a 1 in 22 chance of that ship being the one I want (as I have a few of the premiums already).

For me it's not worth it.

I did buy my friend 5 crates and he managed to get the KII AND Nikolai!!!

Of course he has many premiums ships already so his odds are better in getting the few he is after - still, 2 very nice ships! :Smile_Default:

Edited by _WaveRider_

Members
1,458 posts
12,310 battles

When gambling, always winners and losers...not as thrilled as last year's program - but overall OK.  Did not get as many ships and doubloons as last year, flags and camo have been more valuable then last year- premium time about the same...

[WOLF2]
Members
265 posts
4,360 battles

I normally buy my premium time in increments of 90 days. I would have loved to get premium time in a Santa crate as I am down to my last 20 days.

Alpha Tester
3,477 posts
1,521 battles

I would be disappointed too if I spent $75 and didn't get any ships.  Thank god I didn't have that kind of luck this time around.  Got 3 ships in my first 5 boxes and they just kept coming.  Averaged 1 ship for every 5 boxes I purchased.  I only purchased $3 boxes and then only 5 of them at a time, pretty much the same formula I used last year with even better results.