You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wulfgarn

Flamu: Musashi [WiP] - I Prefer The Missouri

66 comments in this topic

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Many are grinding FXP with the deadline coming up in a few months. I wanted post this vid for those that are on the fence about which one to choose.

I'm not going to make a decision myself until right before the switch takes place.

Keep in mind a few things..

This is a WIP, there could be changes between now and the deadline.

WG has made changes in the past to ships at the last minute before releasing them. If you get info from a CC a week before the switch, the Musashi could be a totally different ship, however there are trusted sources here that will tell you in their reviews that they were told the version they're reviewing is the one that's coming out. If it is different, it's not on the CCs.

You have plenty of time (around 2 months) to grind out FXP.

You don't have to spend your FXP at this very second.

I hope that this vid helps you in some way.

Information is power!

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[4HIM]
Members
1,800 posts
4,069 battles

Personally, if they were going to remove a FXP ship they should have left the MO for the NA players and removed the Nelson.  Leave the Nelson for the EU players. For US players, the MO is a significant ship.  Nelson, not as much.  Flip that for the Pax Britanica players. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
14,451 posts
10,440 battles

You take away All the merits of Yamato, except overmatch, and you get Musashi

The 155mm secondaries aren't even that good, since they fire AP at the belt, instead of HE like they should be, to be more useful.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,244 posts
1,826 battles
12 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Personally, if they were going to remove a FXP ship they should have left the MO for the NA players and removed the Nelson.  Leave the Nelson for the EU players. For US players, the MO is a significant ship.  Nelson, not as much.  Flip that for the Pax Britanica players. 

That doesn't do what they want to do.  Nelson is not a special silver making machine at Tier IX.  It is not equivalent to Missouri or Musashi.

• Cool 1

[WFSDL]
Members
610 posts
8,404 battles

Why remove MO? Let the players decide which one to use FXP on. And perhaps people will invest in flags and camo to boost their FXP.

Anyone know when the deadline is?

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

The stats of the ship are always subject to change until the day of release. Don't believe otherwise.

• Cool 2

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,401 battles
1 minute ago, injunmick said:

Why remove MO? Let the players decide which one to use FXP on. And perhaps people will invest in flags and camo to boost their FXP.

If they remove it then it imposes a sense of urgency on the people that don't have it and they either get people to spend money for doubloons to convert XP for the MO, or burn off some of the doubloons they got from Christmas boxes doing the same thing.  Otherwise people will just leisurely stroll along and get them at their own pace instead of spending time (or money) and burning the glut of camos and special flags to hurry and get it. I see no reason to remove any of the FXP ships from the tree other than that.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
1 minute ago, Doomlock said:

The stats of the ship are always subject to change until the day of release. Don't believe otherwise.

c82LlHT.gif

Members
542 posts
2,945 battles
23 minutes ago, injunmick said:

I read a couple months.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
15 minutes ago, Xwing_Red1 said:

Flamu?.... meh

Notser also has a vid.

Maybe he would be more to your liking?

Both of them like the ship, but I don't think Notser really made a distinction between both ships.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles
53 minutes ago, injunmick said:

The answer to this is probably super simple.   WG just wants to get some people to spend money on doubloons to convert free XP to get the Mo before it goes away.

• Cool 3

[WOLF4]
Members
403 posts
5,411 battles

I just feel bad for the poor Izumo... This thing just [edited] all over the izumo, there’s no point to playing it when the Musashi exists, even if it’s not as good as the Missouri

[REVY]
Members
951 posts
7,515 battles

the main difference is Missouri is a Free XP Premium that is still the same tier as Iowa.

Musashi is getting nerfed from Yamato's tier X to Tier IX. It might be being compared by some to the Nagato and Amagi A hulls that became lower tiered premiums.

[O_O]
Members
4,407 posts
9,539 battles

I already have Missouri, and almost have enough Free XP for Nelson.  I am waiting to see if I should pass on her, though, and continue saving for Musashi.

From what I have seen, I will be getting Nelson pretty soon...

[O_O]
Members
4,407 posts
9,539 battles
1 hour ago, Xwing_Red1 said:

Flamu?.... meh

Flamu is about the only YouTuber I enjoy watching, and value his opinions.

Notser is a no-go for me. iChase is okay, but I haven't watched anything from him in a long time.  LWM should do YouTube.  She has plenty of time to spare, I'm sure.

[LOS]
Members
564 posts
7,876 battles
14 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I envision Mako Iwamatsu jumping around on the deck...  

I picture Astro boy, a real Japanese hero, and my hero when I was a boy!

images.png

Edited by Sinton

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,384 posts
5,080 battles

I might try to grind enough free XP for it, but I won't be racing to it or anything. It is just a nerfed Yamato, and I already have Yamato.

[TAFY3]
[TAFY3]
Beta Testers
430 posts
6,141 battles

I plan to purchase Musashi.  With all of the signals, and camo I got in the Santa boxes I should be able to play my Amagi until I unlock the Izumo, and then Free XP to the Yamato.  I already have Captain Yamamoto.  I like tier IX, and I like having all the IJN premium BBs.  I am perfectly okay with the Musashi's stats, and I'd play her as-is

[SIM]
Members
2,528 posts
4,182 battles

I’m getting her, in fact, I almost have all of the free XP for her right now. I fear that she’s going to turn out to be a Tier IX Ashitaka, but I really want to add a Yamato hull to my collection, and I’m not about to start grinding tech tree ships.

[TAFFY]
Members
70 posts
4,677 battles

I wonder why WG is going to get rid of Missouri from the game? Since Missouri is an awesome ship, people would enjoy with her at all time.

I have to accumulate enough free XP to get Missouri before it's too late, I currently have 500K of free XP.

Edited by Rulue

Alpha Tester
3,477 posts
1,521 battles

You know something that just occurred to me when reading the entry for the PTS 7.0 is that Musashi is actually one of the main ships featured on High School Fleet so it is very possible we have all been blinded by the Missouri being removed and assuming the Musashi would be the next "Free" Tier 9 BB replacing the Missouri.   It is very possible, maybe even likely that the Musashi will be for sale on the cash shop as part of the High School Fleet release and not be the Free XP ship after all.

I mean I really hope this isn't the case because I just used the 12,800 gold I got from my Santa Gifts to take advantage of the sale and covert XP in preparation for acquiring the Musashi when it replaced the Missouri.  It would really suck if it doesn't actually replace the Missouri and is instead sold on the cash shop but honestly I would have no one to blame but myself (or the community) for assuming the Musashi was the Missouri replacement.

As far as reviews by Flamu, I tend to take them with a grain of salt because his perspective and my perspective are very wide apart.  He tends to review things for the perspective of a more competitive player looking to min-max every aspect in order to get the absolute biggest edge he can and at least from his cherry picked videos appears to have the skills to back it up as well.   I am not that good and many of the things he believes makes a ship OP or powerful, aren't OP or powerful in my hands, therefore I generally can't trust his reviews to be reflective of what kind of performance I will get out of a given ship.  

Noster on the other hand offered opinions that are more in line with my personal experience with ships.  Don't get me wrong, he had good skills too but the perspective from which he presents his reviews is much closer to mine and I tend to be more comfortable accepting his opinions than I do Flamu's.

One thing I will say, virtually all the reviews say that the Missouri is "Overall" a better ship just because it has more capability to handle any situation thrown at it, especially now the Citadel has been lowered on the Mighty Mo.  The Musashi on the other hand has a few glaring weaknesses like the lack of AA.  Also from what I have heard, the ones available for testing don't have the increased credit earning multiplier that the Missouri has meaning they make significantly less in the way of credits. (Of course might be another indication of the Musashi being HSF rather the the Missouri replacement as well).