Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Top 5 Best (and Worst) Premiums of 2017

51 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,239
[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,473 posts
4,763 battles

It's that time.  Let's take a trip down memory lane and talk about the best and the worst.  I provide my own in the video and go over my reasoning.

TL:DW

Best: Harekaze, Nelson, Kaga, Alabama, Cesare

Worst: Hood, Duke of York, Mutsu/Ashitaka, Huang Meh, Graf Zeppelin.

Note, the worst might not be up there because they are bad, but because of controversy or under performing.

 

 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
234
[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,044 posts
8,052 battles

I think you may be right on the money, but I do enjoy my Hood! poor little hood gets no love!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,972 battles
4 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

I think you may be right on the money, but I do enjoy my Hood! poor little hood gets no love!

So much superstructure....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,239
[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,473 posts
4,763 battles
9 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

I think you may be right on the money, but I do enjoy my Hood! poor little hood gets no love!

Oh yeah...  don't get me wrong... I enjoy playing Hood occasionally as well.  But there was such high hopes.  The history, etc...  She just kind of came in with a meh.  Not a bad ship... jsut didn't live up to lofty expectations.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
763
[MIA-A]
Members
2,102 posts
6,746 battles

Huh I only have 2/5 of the best premiums. I guess I'll get the Nelson eventually and won't ever get the Kaga since I dislike CVs.

It'll be interesting to see where the Kidd falls longer term too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,228
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

Watch this be the worst ship for 2018...   lol

 

Musashi.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,972 battles
3 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Huh I only have 2/5 of the best premiums. I guess I'll get the Nelson eventually and won't ever get the Kaga since I dislike CVs.

It'll be interesting to see where the Kidd falls longer term too.

As a DD main I find the Kidd is great with the defensive AA, but the lack of a second torp launcher really hinders her...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,239
[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,473 posts
4,763 battles
13 minutes ago, Thraxian said:

As a DD main I find the Kidd is great with the defensive AA, but the lack of a second torp launcher really hinders her...

This.  And while used heavily at first in ranked, she has lost favor to the Lo Yang from what i can see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,239
[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,473 posts
4,763 battles
6 minutes ago, 56th_Karma said:

I actually like the Mutsu :Smile_sad:

Nothing wrong with that :)  I'm sure a lot of people do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
873
[SF-3]
Members
3,177 posts
8,350 battles
57 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

I think you may be right on the money, but I do enjoy my Hood! poor little hood gets no love!

I agree, Hood tanks just as well as any other BB, if not better thanks to the better repair party, and the AP deals pretty reliable penetration damage.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
393
Members
2,384 posts
7,683 battles
1 hour ago, NoZoupForYou said:

It's that time.  Let's take a trip down memory lane and talk about the best and the worst.  I provide my own in the video and go over my reasoning.

TL:DW

Best: Harekaze, Nelson, Kaga, Alabama, Cesare

Worst: Hood, Duke of York, Mutsu/Ashitaka, Huang Meh, Graf Zeppelin.

Note, the worst might not be up there because they are bad, but because of controversy or under performing.

I agree with almost all. But i would put Kii togheter with Mutsu and Ashitaka. Kii isnt a terrible ship but its straight worse than Amagi, its a nerfed Amagi with gimmicks, like DoY. I would put number three as a "IJN premium BB disappointment". 

 

Personally for me Hood was the great disappointment of the year. One of my favorite ships of all times, and i was so happy when i found it would be relesed as a premium but it end up being a meh ship, not bad/terrible but not good either. When i play Hood i always feel i could do better with other T7 BB. 

 

*Got Cesare recently and its one of the best ships in the game. I would even say its a little OP for a T5, you can face T7 with no problems.

Edited by Xlap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,161
[SIM]
Members
2,528 posts
4,182 battles

As I mentioned, I’m not sure how you decided to lump Mutsu, a well balanced and interesting Tier VI premium that serves as an interesting alternative to the Fuso, in with the dull as dishwater and borderline underpowered Ashitaka. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,239
[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,473 posts
4,763 battles
25 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

As I mentioned, I’m not sure how you decided to lump Mutsu, a well balanced and interesting Tier VI premium that serves as an interesting alternative to the Fuso, in with the dull as dishwater and borderline underpowered Ashitaka. 

Mutsu, Kii, Ahitaka.... they all blur together at this point....

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
973
Members
4,547 posts
6,456 battles
1 hour ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Oh yeah...  don't get me wrong... I enjoy playing Hood occasionally as well.  But there was such high hopes.  The history, etc...  She just kind of came in with a meh.  Not a bad ship... jsut didn't live up to lofty expectations.

"The mighty Hood".....a very good ship for her day but the Brits propagandized her over the 2 decades after WWI into the most OP ship ever built...which she was not.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,458 posts
12,318 battles

Agree with your assessment of the Mutsu - received in a Santa crate and not impressed at all - need another trainer to get my Yami captain up, but between gun performance and that dreaded "squishy-ness", am not enjoying it at all.  Will see if that changes over time, but right now disappointed and most likely be relegated to status of permanent Port Queen.

Edited by Panzer1113

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,792
[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles
25 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Mutsu, Kii, Ashitaka.... they all blur together at this point....

The real problem is that the IJN simply doesn't have the great a number of BB classes to work with.  Basically, all that's left of ships that were built or started to be build/ordered are the Ise class and the Tosa class.

And it's not really a shocker that the Kii seems to blur together with the Amagi, given that the Kii was meant to be the follow on class to both the Amagi and Tosa classes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,239
[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,473 posts
4,763 battles
7 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The real problem is that the IJN simply doesn't have the great a number of BB classes to work with.  Basically, all that's left of ships that were built or started to be build/ordered are the Ise class and the Tosa class.

And it's not really a shocker that the Kii seems to blur together with the Amagi, given that the Kii was meant to be the follow on class to both the Amagi and Tosa classes.

Yep...  So it comes to a point where you got to ask yourself, is it worth putting blase ships in that fall in this category, or start focusing on other things.  I know its easy because they already have the model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,239
[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,473 posts
4,763 battles
1 hour ago, Panzer1113 said:

Agree with your assessment of the Mutsu - received in a Santa crate and not impressed at all - need another trainer to get my Yami captain up, but between gun performance and that dreaded "squishy-ness", am not enjoying it at all.  Will see if that changes over time, but right now disappointed and most likely be relegated to status of permanent Port Queen.

Too many better options.  Still not a bad pull from the crates.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,161
[SIM]
Members
2,528 posts
4,182 battles
1 hour ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Mutsu, Kii, Ahitaka.... they all blur together at this point....

Zoup, you’re killing me man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,239
[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,473 posts
4,763 battles
20 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Zoup, you’re killing me man!

All I know is one is a slug.  That's the Mutsu.  But they all might as well be slugs because they are all as squishy as slugs.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
16 posts
889 battles

"It's not because the Hood isn't a good battleship.. it's a decent battleship.. it just didn't live up to expectations."

Both relevant in-game and in a real life historical context.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,239
[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,473 posts
4,763 battles
3 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Out of that list I only have Hood and Cesear.

Well, if you have Cesare, you are golden then...  she's a great ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×