You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
NutrientibusMeaGallus

Not really a bug but... Flag thing.

4 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
412 posts
689 battles

Maybe its because of my JROTC in high school but it seems like certain flags get flown above the flag of whatever nation the ship is.. The nations flag (regardless of nation) should always take precedent and the place of honor above all other flags.... Shouldn't it?

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

It used to be that a lot of flags were flown from the jackstaff (aft flagstaff) but an update a while ago changed the positions of the flags on ships. Where they went isn't always where they should be though.

So my best suggestion would be put in this suggestion to Pigeon_of_War on his thread.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,570 posts
8,995 battles
14 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

It used to be that a lot of flags were flown from the jackstaff (aft flagstaff) but an update a while ago changed the positions of the flags on ships. Where they went isn't always where they should be though.

So my best suggestion would be put in this suggestion to Pigeon_of_War on his thread.

Actually the jackstaff is at the bow of the ship and the jack is flown there, the star field for the US and the Union Jack for the British. I don't know what the staff at the stern is called but most countries fly their flag there while in port and at least during the period the game covers the Japanese would fly their flag there at sea during peace time.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Actually the jackstaff is at the bow of the ship and the jack is flown there, the star field for the US and the Union Jack for the British. I don't know what the staff at the stern is called but most countries fly their flag there while in port and at least during the period the game covers the Japanese would fly their flag there at sea during peace time.

I knew I'd get something wrong. Thanks for the clarification! 

• Cool 1