You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
toosonmike

C'mon WG, Take My Money

14 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,267 battles

So, I have a $100.00 Visa gift card, tried every way I can think of to buy stuff.. straight visa card, Visa Debit card, gift card, linked it to my paypal acct. Nope, same message every time.

Is Paypal gone? Do I have to go to Subway and buy $100.00 worth of Subway cards? Do I have to deposit $100.00 in my Amazon Pay acct?

All I wanted was to spend some $$.

I'm disappointed.

[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles

Credit works fine for me your card has to be able to do overseas transactions.

18 minutes ago, toosonmike said:

So, I have a $100.00 Visa gift card, tried every way I can think of to buy stuff.. straight visa card, Visa Debit card, gift card, linked it to my paypal acct. Nope, same message every time.

Is Paypal gone? Do I have to go to Subway and buy $100.00 worth of Subway cards? Do I have to deposit $100.00 in my Amazon Pay acct?

I'm disappointed.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,872 posts
1,338 battles

Yeah, I imagine the blame lies with the bank that has the card you're using.  If they won't do international transactions, that's not WG's fault.  WG would *love* to take your money.

I've not had any issues using 'standard' Visa/MC/Discover cards, whether debit from my bank, or credit from other places with WG, and yes, via Cyprus.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,267 battles

Never had problems before, especially when linked to my paypal account.

Oh well, it was a gift, I can't complain! it will you go towards something I can actually hold in my hands I guess!

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
265 posts
1,445 battles

You can always go to the store and buy the 20 dollar WoWS cards there.  Of course those only give doubloons, they dont give you the santa boxes or anything.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,267 battles
27 minutes ago, Raigoth said:

You can always go to the store and buy the 20 dollar WoWS cards there.  Of course those only give doubloons, they dont give you the santa boxes or anything.

Next time you log in, enjoy!

[O_O]
Members
4,425 posts
9,588 battles
32 minutes ago, Raigoth said:

I have never been able to find the WoWS cards by me.  Super Wal-Mart, video game stores, Target, etc. 

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
265 posts
1,445 battles
11 minutes ago, toosonmike said:

Next time you log in, enjoy!

You sir are awesome!

6 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I have never been able to find the WoWS cards by me.  Super Wal-Mart, video game stores, Target, etc. 

Thats odd, they are in the walmart and gamestop both near me.

[4HIM]
Members
1,813 posts
4,129 battles

I think most of those prepaid credit cards won't work for overseas transactions.  I think the Blue Bird card from Amex does, but even that could have changed.  But like Sir_Davos above, I use those Karma Koin cards.  Heck, you can get those at CVS and Walgreens.  Lot of places sell them. 

[PVE]
Members
9,798 posts
7,485 battles
4 hours ago, toosonmike said:

I'm disappointed.

3 hours ago, toosonmike said:

Never had problems before, especially when linked to my paypal account.

Oh well, it was a gift, I can't complain! it will you go towards something I can actually hold in my hands I guess!

Yeah, I tried that too and the prepaid credit cards don't allow overseas transactions for some reason. If you can get Karma Koin, they work great and you can combine cards together to keep those left over pennies going.

1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

I have seen WoWs cards at Best Buy, but if they only buy doubloons, then go with Karma Koin.

48 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

I've used the Karma Koin cards the last few times I had money. Gamestop should have tons of those... 

Gamestop, CVS, Walgreens, 7-11, I have found Karma Koin at all of those. Some only have the $25 cards and some have the $15-$500 cards. I was also able to buy the DoY Ultimate bundle this time with Karma Koin, so that was awesome.

[WOLF2]
Members
265 posts
4,368 battles
5 hours ago, toosonmike said:

I'm disappointed.

I was in the same...         ...boat   :cap_cool:

I tried using my gift card for Santa Containers. After a couple tries of entering my card and getting the failure message I did some investigating. I found that the visa gift card can only be used in the US. The Wargaming site specifically says that you need an international card in order to purchase anything through the premium shop.  I don't really have a good solution for you but I ended up using it for groceries and just used my own credit card for the mega Santa containers. 

By the way, I got screwed on my Santa containers. I bought 25 of those things and all I got were flags and camos. I was a little ticked off because some YouTubers received at least 4 ships from their x20 mega containers and I didn't even get one. Oh well, that's what happens when you gamble. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,267 battles
26 minutes ago, WolfmanJack99 said:

I was in the same...         ...boat   :cap_cool:

I tried using my gift card for Santa Containers. After a couple tries of entering my card and getting the failure message I did some investigating. I found that the visa gift card can only be used in the US. The Wargaming site specifically says that you need an international card in order to purchase anything through the premium shop.  I don't really have a good solution for you but I ended up using it for groceries and just used my own credit card for the mega Santa containers. 

By the way, I got screwed on my Santa containers. I bought 25 of those things and all I got were flags and camos. I was a little ticked off because some YouTubers received at least 4 ships from their x20 mega containers and I didn't even get one. Oh well, that's what happens when you gamble. 

Thanks for the info...I'll probably do the same as you. Sorry for your bad luck!

[YORHA]
Members
3,340 posts

Sometimes gift cards work and sometimes they don't.  I have had the best luck with Vanilla brand VISA cards.

When you register the card, if you live in Canada, you have to add a postal code.  When you go to make the purchase on the WG site you have to uncheck the box that says "save card number".

But even then it does not always work.  I have a card that I had a balance left from buying WG stuff the day before that they won't accept now.  I have checked with the bank and they say it is WG refusing them and when I checked with WG "support" I was accused of attempted fraud.  I ended up buying "Cold Waters" with it with no problems at all. Plus you are limited to 2-3 purchases a day if you are lucky.

WG has the worst e-commerce site I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.  It is entirely hit and miss.

• Cool 1