You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CSV_defender

Ranked Is A Waste of Time

54 comments in this topic

[SIDE]
Members
34 posts

Sorry, but until Wows can find a way to balance the teams so there are not so many lopsided losses, it is a waste of time imo.  Same thing last season.  You get stuck with noobs 10 games in a row and it just takes the fun out of it.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 5

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I play ranked till I get bored quit for a while and go back at it. I am not trying hard nor care too get to rank 1. The "MM" is fine the teams you draw are fine. Do your best and let the cards fall. Win you get to smile, Lose you get to laugh. Stop trying so hard to get there if you have patience the end will justify the means. Ranked isn't supposed to be a cake walk, as they say "Rome was not built in a day" Take your time, play a few then go to randoms for a few, then back to ranked. You have time don't push it so hard. Player burnout is real, Mix it up.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

Members
60 posts
5,679 battles

Couldn’t agree more: one win...one loss...one win...two losses...two wins...one win...one loss...two wins...why bother?  One good team and then idiots.  THEN you face an OP’d CV!  At least the last season with tier 6, you could fight with different ships and do well...same with tier seven the season before that.  Tier 8, you get a good start and: uh oh, 4 dds and an Enterprise...good luck even surviving.  I’m done, I won’t play Ranked this season. 

Edited by Jake_Miller_67
More to say.
  • Cool 1

[PROJX]
Members
969 posts
15,734 battles
7 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It's not so bad if you are grinding any tier 8's. Think about it.

...or playing a Tirpitz w/ the FXP bonus cammo, flying a 777% FXP Bonus flag - seeing the Musashi getting closer...and closer...:)

In seriousness, Ranked seems to bring out the best and worst in players as illustrated by a match I was in today.

For some reason, the lone DD on our team took offense at the start of the game against a Bismarck and promptly put a full spread of torps into her just as we started to move to our 1st cap.  The Bismarck and DD died (the DD from TK reflected damage) but, he left the team w/ a taunt “Enjoy Your Loss!....” in-chat knowing we were down 5 ships to 7 at the start....we then proceeded to win the game....

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,734 posts
3,490 battles

I've had 3 games tonight over 100k damage and lost every [edited]one. People go out of their way to die.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,403 posts
12,034 battles
2 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

People go out of their way to die.

While the rest of the team is hiding behind islands.

• Cool 2

[TBW]
Members
6,403 posts
12,034 battles
4 minutes ago, hangglide42 said:

but, he left the team w/ a taunt “Enjoy Your Loss!....” in-chat knowing we were down 5 ships to 7 at the start....we then proceeded to win the game....

Now he's not just pink, he is also the fool and has egg on his face LOL.

Members
1,101 posts
6,215 battles

Where are most of the bad games happening...low ranks, medium ranks, high ranks???

After reaching rank 15, have had all I want for now. But the matches were pretty good IMO. Some were very close, like down to the last 1:1 in some cases. An occasional blowout, but that was the exception and not the rule.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,055 posts
17,693 battles
38 minutes ago, CSV_defender said:

Sorry, but until Wows can find a way to balance the teams so there are not so many lopsided losses, it is a waste of time imo.  Same thing last season.  You get stuck with noobs 10 games in a row and it just takes the fun out of it.

Lopsided battles aren't entirely due to imbalanced teams.  The fact is that in a game like this or WoT, when you get down a ship, you're at a disadvantage.  If you're able to get it back to even, great.  But if you fall down by 2 ships, the disadvantage increases.  And it continues to snowball until you have yourself a massacre.  And not all the balancing of teams will change that.

Now, things are a tiny bit different in WoT than WoWS.  Oh, the basic premise is the same.  But in WoWS, it's a lot more difficult to get yourself hidden once you've taken a lot of damage and are in danger of being killed.  However, in WoT, it's often very easy to get out of the line of fire.  In WoT, you can have a little 4v4 engagement and have team A kill 2 tanks and only have 2 of their own hurt but not killed.  Obviously, team B is then at a disadvantage.  However, IF (a very BIG if) team B can get those 2 wounded tanks killed ASAP, they can get things back to even.  And that's what separates an impending massacre from a close battle.  Can the trailing team finish off the wounded tanks on the leading team before leading team is able to get them under cover and is able to leverage their # of tanks advantage and start the snowball rolling?  I've seen teams trailing by 3-4-5 tanks come back quickly, because they were able to get to the wounded enemy tanks and finish them off quickly.  But more often, you'll see the leading team's wounded tanks smartly hide themselves and allow their less founded team mates to lead the fight for a while, and thus begins the snowball down into the massacre.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,841 posts
13,806 battles

Ranked is a toxic sea where hopes and dreams go to die.

It is a whirlpool sucking time and life out of a captain who endeavors to do well.  

If you're not playing to keep your star you're the sucker.

Rank isn't about good players its about persistent players who can control their Win Rate. 

The only reason Rank offers Ships and Gold as prizes is because those are the only things keeping this awful game mode alive. 

Take those prizes away and Ranked would be deader than Team Battles on a Saturday night. 

Abandon all hope Ye who sail the Ranked seas. 

May RNG have mercy on your soul. 

Edited by RedSeaBear
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,341 battles
3 hours ago, hangglide42 said:

...or playing a Tirpitz w/ the FXP bonus cammo, flying a 777% FXP Bonus flag - seeing the Musashi getting closer...and closer...:)

In seriousness, Ranked seems to bring out the best and worst in players as illustrated by a match I was in today.

For some reason, the lone DD on our team took offense at the start of the game against a Bismarck and promptly put a full spread of torps into her just as we started to move to our 1st cap.  The Bismarck and DD died (the DD from TK reflected damage) but, he left the team w/ a taunt “Enjoy Your Loss!....” in-chat knowing we were down 5 ships to 7 at the start....we then proceeded to win the game....

The only thing about that post that makes me feel bad is knowing that the DD won a star too at the end.

Edited by Ju87s

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,310 posts
6,597 battles
49 minutes ago, Jake_Miller_67 said:

[...] same with tier seven the season before that.

Honestly, T7 is perhabs one of the worst Tiers you could pick for Ranked. I don't think I have to remind anyone on the disaster that the Belfast caused.

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,052 posts
7,776 battles
Spoiler

ec0c0fd461.jpg

5a9010ee67.png

I got to rank 5 today mostly playing this glorious beauty of a ship, the Queen would be proud. Very few loses with lost stars, all but one or two of which were not something I could have done to prevent it. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
417 posts
6,223 battles

Come on sailors.

This is, what?, the 8th season and we're all hearing the same complains over and over again. Until one reaches rank 15, battles are a bit..messy. Once you get rank 10 the fun begins and one always learns a trick or two.

Also, we all have tier 8 keepers. These ladies are our usual partners and we know how to dance with them. I still have a moment of doubt whenever I see a Tirp or a Loy on my side but hey, those are good ships even for someone who is not that used to them.

My one peeve is lack of players as my main fun time is US graveyard shift and it really shows once one plays rank 10 and under. But still hopefull.

Ta

[PAT]
Members
9 posts
5,740 battles

@CSV_defender Judging from your profile, the main reason that you are struggling is due to your own poor performance. Poor play should be expected from teammates; the ONLY way to get past it is to improve your own game.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,055 posts
17,693 battles
2 hours ago, CSV_defender said:

After looking at your stats, now I know why you're getting stuck with noobs all the time.  You're one of them.  

21 minutes ago, SuperSSL said:

@CSV_defender Judging from your profile, the main reason that you are struggling is due to your own poor performance. Poor play should be expected from teammates; the ONLY way to get past it is to improve your own game.

Indeed, SSL.  The OP has a lot of chutzpah complaining about noobs with his stats.  

[PROJX]
Members
969 posts
15,734 battles
1 hour ago, Ju87s said:

The only thing about that post that post is knowing that the DD won a star too at the end.

...except, the team didn’t suffer from his act & all won a star including the poor Bismarck.  The DD player is pink, &.given the recordings & reports against him for the blatant TK & taunt may get a suspension or ban.

Edited by hangglide42

[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,341 battles
1 hour ago, hangglide42 said:

...except, the team didn’t suffer from his act & all won a star including the poor Bismarck.  The DD player is pink, &.given the recordings & reports against him for the blatant TK & taunt may get a suspension or ban.

sorry for the crappy post, I edited it to make more sense. The only thing that bothers me is knowing that the DD won a star too. I doubt he'll get any ban from WG. The only punish people for saying naughty things in chat.

• Cool 1

[PROJX]
Members
969 posts
15,734 battles
1 hour ago, Ju87s said:

sorry for the crappy post, I edited it to make more sense. The only thing that bothers me is knowing that the DD won a star too. I doubt he'll get any ban from WG. The only punish people for saying naughty things in chat.

Cheers Ju87 in the spirit of the holidays! No worries, just tried to reassure you that, perhaps the player’s “karma” may catch up to him one day and his deed didn’t quite go unpunished.   I was just amazed at the resilience of our team after the “what just happened?....” reaction to shrug off being 2 ships down and no DD to get down to business & still win the game (the enemy team was actually pretty good & went all out to contest the 3rd cap).  Happy Holidays to you & hopefully see you out there! o7

[SIDE]
Members
34 posts

I just laugh at the people who point to "stats" like that is the be all of a player's skill.  I have over 5,500 matches under my belt with both premium and line ships, including a tier 10 in each class and 19 point captains in three lines.  You guys who are over 10K matches know your objective (outside of ranked play maybe) is to run up damage, period.  You could care less about the team effort as long as you get your 150K+ damage and end up on top of the board with the xp and credits.  If the team wins in the meantime, its a bonus.  My stats in ranked this year are solid.  I had to play more selfishly which is not my style, but so be it.  But if my stats are so bad then I shouldn't have to take time to help other players in chat and I should be at the bottom of the board 80% of the time.  The fact is that is not the case.

I don't have time to come on this forum and [edited] every time a new ship is OP or one of mine has been nurfed.  I am just trying to help improve the ranked experience.  Half of my clan won't even participate.

Edited by CSV_defender
Better response
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[O7]
Members
595 posts
7,864 battles
On 12/26/2017 at 11:05 PM, Jake_Miller_67 said:

Couldn’t agree more: one win...one loss...one win...two losses...two wins...one win...one loss...two wins...why bother?  One good team and then idiots.  THEN you face an OP’d CV!  At least the last season with tier 6, you could fight with different ships and do well...same with tier seven the season before that.  Tier 8, you get a good start and: uh oh, 4 dds and an Enterprise...good luck even surviving.  I’m done, I won’t play Ranked this season. 

Press esc as soon as you see CV in queue.

Edited by Feminist
  • Cool 1

[O7]
Members
595 posts
7,864 battles
18 minutes ago, CSV_defender said:

You guys who are over 10K matches know your ONLY objective (outside of ranked play) is to run up damage, period.  You could care less about the team effort as long as you get your 150K+ damage and end up on top of the board. In some ways, you are as bad as the real noobs and trolling this threat makes you look stupid.  

Clearly you don't care about damage, but your win rate is also abysmal. So what do you even play for?  

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,572 battles
On 12/26/2017 at 9:32 PM, CSV_defender said:

Getting all those free flags is definitely no waste for me cause Not that Interested in getting to rank one, what is kinda fun is the style of play in ranked although after 40 or50 games it’s just to much of a grind for me

[SIDE]
Members
34 posts

HMCS-Devilfish that is a great point.  There are some real nice goodies for achieving new levels.  I had a top player in my clan say it took over 200 games to pass level 10.  I've been there 3 times with stars and needed one or two wins but ended up back at 12.  We all are experiencing the same thing.  No big deal.  I just like the challenge but when I see 2 BBs and a CR camp behind an island and refuse to engage (this was my most recent game in ranked) it does make me wonder.  No way these guys are experienced players.  Noobs have to learn like we all did, but putting 3 or 4 on a team is a lot to overcome.  Fortunately I was top on my side and didn't lose a star.

Edited by CSV_defender
Added item