You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chobittsu

Stargate Origins - New series starts February 15

18 comments in this topic

[ARRGG]
Members
163 posts
7,041 battles

I assume this show will be filmed in Vancouver, like the other Stargates. Stargate is repeated almost everyday on the Space channel in Canada. Stargate Universe was cancelled by SciFi channel after two seasons. If this new series is as popular Stargate SG1, we can  watch it for years.

I am waiting for next week X-File episode, I hope they explain about those triangle space ships.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,238 posts
4,807 battles

Hmmm.... it does look promising

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles

I never saw that 3rd Stargate show, don't remember what it was called.  Was it worth bothering over?

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,583 posts
2 hours ago, Sventex said:

I never saw that 3rd Stargate show, don't remember what it was called.  Was it worth bothering over?

No.

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
16 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

No.

I've been re-watching the original show lately, and I've been finding that it just doesn't hold up that well anymore.  It was great back when I used to watch TV because there was nothing better to do, but something about the writing of the show seems a bit dated.  It's not like TNG that's a classic, I think it might have to do with the fact that Stargate barely fleshed out it's cultures and returned to them that left the show feeling a bit small.  The seasons always seemed to end with SG-1 on a Mothership, running around to cause trouble.  There are even back to back episode where SG-1 is enslaved to do backbreaking labor.

Ehh, maybe playing Stellaris has made me wish more different government types would appear in the galaxy, like the Starship Troopers one, or a Mega Corporation, ect.

Edited by Sventex

[SOUP]
7,583 posts
3 hours ago, Sventex said:

Well for a Starship Troopers style government you need only look to America about 4 years from now  (Yup, I went there~)
As for Mega Corp ruling a sci-fi, nothing can top Weyland-Yutani

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
1 hour ago, Chobittsu said:

Well for a Starship Troopers style government you need only look to America about 4 years from now  (Yup, I went there~)
As for Mega Corp ruling a sci-fi, nothing can top Weyland-Yutani

Yeah, but wouldn't it be great if Stargate could show these government?  Imagine a captured Stargate team is put in one of those Starship Trooper propaganda videos, that would be awesome!

(Nah, I think we're still at least 40 years away from having a military as tolerant as what was seen in that mixed shower scene from the movie)

Also, I think a planet can be run by a CEO and not be evil.  It would be interesting to see what a Megacorp government in action (like in WALL-E, but without the environmental message) 

shelby.jpg

Edited by Sventex

[ARRGG]
Members
163 posts
7,041 battles

I assume this show will be filmed in Vancouver, like the other Stargates. Stargate is repeated almost everyday on the Space channel in Canada. Stargate Universe was cancelled by SciFi channel after two seasons. If this new series is as popular Stargate SG1, we can  watch it for years.

I am waiting for next week X-File episode, I hope they explain about those triangle space ships.

I had a feeling they would not explain those space ships. It was all a dream.

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
6 minutes ago, Timo_Greenwold said:

I had a feeling they would not explain those space ships. It was all a dream.

Oh you got to love the wackiness of the 90's that tried to convince us that the deserts of Iraq and Turkey looked like a Canadian forest.

[SOUP]
7,583 posts
3 hours ago, Sventex said:

Oh you got to love the wackiness of the 90's that tried to convince us that the deserts of Iraq and Turkey looked like a Canadian forest.

Turkey: 280px-TurkishForest.jpg

Iraq: 2402311.jpg

Canada: Upper-desert-300x176.jpg

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
16 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Turkey: 280px-TurkishForest.jpg

Iraq: 2402311.jpg

Canada: Upper-desert-300x176.jpg

Neither of those forests look anything like Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve, which the X-files filled a boatload of episodes.

image.jpg

Also note in that those few minutes of episode opening I posted, Tennessee apparently also looks identical to "Turkey", also the US soldiers in "Turkey" are wearing desert camouflage.

[SOUP]
7,583 posts
4 hours ago, aether_tech said:

Looks like dogshit.

Seriously, it just looks bad.

Salt-stock.jpg

• Funny 1