Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TornadoADV

Cannot Complete York Collection

14 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,022 posts

Due to the small amount of York containers we can earn (and cannot purchase them from the shop), I have recieved over 7 duplicates from the first 6 crates, I can no longer complete the York Collection. I would basically have to recieve nothing except what I was missing to complete the collection, even so much as two additional duplicates will bar me from the collection reward. WG needs to lower the cost to purchase new items with duplicates from 4 to 2.

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts

You have to use the duplicates carefully to unlock more crates in the campaign itself. Also when you get the DoY, the Second Campaign rewards ONLY containers. Assuming you can grind out to level 3 or 4 that last week, it should be impossible to NOT get the full set.

Did the math:

Assuming you get 1 and then duplicates of that 1 for every crate, to spend the duplicates to finish out the Collection, you need 31 crates (4 pages, times 4 items on each page, times 4 duplicates to unlock, minus 1 from the 1 you got and then duplicates of that one, divided by 2, as you get 2 per crate) . From the Collection itself, you get 4 crates on each page, but we'll say 3 since the 4th wouldnt matter anymore. So that means you need 28 from elsewhere. Assuming you get the DoY from the Campaign, each final mission gives 3 and there are 4 of them (the fifth giving the DoY but no Container). So that's 12 right there, bringing the excess total down to 16 containers. That same DoY campaign offers DoY only missions that are piss easy that reward 1 container each, 5 times, so that's five less, 11 containers now. So if you finish the 2nd Campaign, which each level after the first one has 5 crates per level, and 1 on the first, you only need the first 3 levels to get those last 11 containers.

That's assuming you get duplicates on *every* container. Which won't happen. Each non duplicate you get reduces that total container needed, 31 crates, down by 2. Think of it like that, and yeah, it's more or less impossible to NOT get the full Collection.

My suggestion: hold on to your duplicates until AFTER you finish the 4th level of the DoY campaign. THEN spend them on whatever pages in the Collection have 3/4 items. Each page completed will net you 2 more. Assuming you can do that twice, that might complete the collection (if not directly, with a duplicate) and then reassess which campaign missions you want to do to pick up the remainder.

Edited by _RC1138

[BROOK]
2,022 posts
13 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

You have to use the duplicates carefully to unlock more crates in the campaign itself. Also when you get the DoY, the Second Campaign rewards ONLY containers. Assuming you can grind out to level 3 or 4 that last week, it should be impossible to NOT get the full set.

Did the math:

Assuming you get 1 and then duplicates of that 1 for every crate, to spend the duplicates to finish out the Collection, you need 31 crates (4 pages, times 4 items on each page, times 4 duplicates to unlock, minus 1 from the 1 you got and then duplicates of that one, divided by 2, as you get 2 per crate) . From the Collection itself, you get 4 crates on each page, but we'll say 3 since the 4th wouldnt matter anymore. So that means you need 28 from elsewhere. Assuming you get the DoY from the Campaign, each final mission gives 3 and there are 4 of them (the fifth giving the DoY but no Container). So that's 12 right there, bringing the excess total down to 16 containers. That same DoY campaign offers DoY only missions that are piss easy that reward 1 container each, 5 times, so that's five less, 11 containers now. So if you finish the 2nd Campaign, which each level after the first one has 5 crates per level, and 1 on the first, you only need the first 3 levels to get those last 11 containers.

That's assuming you get duplicates on *every* container. Which won't happen. Each non duplicate you get reduces that total container needed, 31 crates, down by 2. Think of it like that, and yeah, it's more or less impossible to NOT get the full Collection.

Yeah, it assumes a lot of extra time on my part AND for two Campaigns to stay on past the four days the last phase of the first one is unlocked. Because learning from last year, the second campaign is almost just for those who buy the York early.

[-TAB-]
Members
1,602 posts
5,147 battles
16 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Did the math:

My suggestion: hold on to your duplicates until AFTER you finish the 4th level of the DoY campaign. THEN spend them on whatever pages in the Collection have 3/4 items. Each page completed will net you 2 more. Assuming you can do that twice, that might complete the collection (if not directly, with a duplicate) and then reassess which campaign missions you want to do to pick up the remainder.

holy crap  well, that looks a lot easier than I thought it would be.  not.

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts

If you read the requirements of the 2nd Campaign, it is piss easy too. For one, many of the most rewarding (2 crates) missions are doable in CoOp, which means you can do them really fast and easy.

Also, how did you expect to complete it WITHOUT completing at LEAST the DoY campaign? And likewise it is worthless to complete WITHOUT completing the DoY campaign since it's main reward is a DoY skin. So we have to work from the FAIR assumption, if you care about completing the Collection, you WILL complete the Campaign. And again, assuming you have the WORST luck possible (which you already have shown you don't, you got 5 non dups already, which means you already are down *11* crates below the base 31 required. You only need, with the *worst* possible luck moving forward, 20 more crates. And bear in mind, again with the SAFE assumption you will complete the DoY campaign: just for completing to level 4, you will get *6* more crates, bringing that total down to 14 missing. Which again can be picked up RAPIDLY, with 3 of them from the collection itself when you complete a page (the 4th being worthless since obviously, you've completed the collection.) 11 crates, especially since a great many can be gotten in CoOp, is not a big ask.

[PROJX]
Members
968 posts
15,682 battles
42 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Hey RC - The OP may actually be correct if the WG website describing the North Cape Campaign is accurate and you don't receive 3 Arctic Containers for the 5th Mission in the Campaign.  There are only 24 chances to collect 16 items and it seems Tornado has been hit by some bad RNG luck.  The possibility exists for his RNG to continue w/ the final 6 containers for Missions 3 & 4,

According to his summary, he has 5 unique and 7 duplicates out of the 1st 12.  If he doesn't get 9 of the collectibles & no more than 3 duplicates, he won't have enough to "swap the duplicates" at 4:1 to complete the collection w/o purchasing additional containers from the WG Premium Shop.  Despite the odds of him likely getting more unique items since he doesn't have many, it's not enough to make 9 out of 12 unique the most likely outcome.

WG cut it a bit close w/ this Collection in that it's statistically likely (as you've pointed out) that you should be able to complete the collection (albeit w/ very little to spare), but in some cases like Tornado, it may not happen.

Tornado - all I can suggest is that if this happens and you really want the Arctic Cammo, you'll have to throw WG some coin to purchase however many extra containers in the Premium Shop to allow for the rest of the collection to be completed.

Not an Issue - as _Griefer posted - the New Year's Campaign drops containers for each of its tasks in its missions according to the # of stars the task is worth so there should be more than enough containers to complete the collection.

Edited by hangglide42

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
605 posts
4,803 battles

I bought the DoY and have completed the collection with only two campaign missions of the new year event.

You will earn enough of them rest assured

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts
5 minutes ago, hangglide42 said:

purchase however many extra containers in the Premium Shop

I didn't even notice they were selling them.

[PROJX]
Members
968 posts
15,682 battles
14 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

I didn't even notice they were selling them.

Hey RC - Griefer's post is interesting - he states that the containers also drop for the New Year's Campaigns  which would resolve Tornado's worry -

My bad on assuming the containers are already on sale in the Premium Shop - I jumped to a conclusion based on their past Campaign containers sales pattern so that statement was incorrect at the current time.  Also corrected my original comment to your post based on _griefer's revelation.

Edited by hangglide42

[BROOK]
2,022 posts

I haven't noticed them being sold on the Shop yet and this all depends on there actually being a usable amount of time after the 5th phase of the York Campaign is unlocked.

Members
1,296 posts
21,011 battles
56 minutes ago, TornadoADV said:

Because learning from last year, the second campaign is almost just for those who buy the York early.

Not really.  I didn't have a problem completing the 2nd campaign after waiting to finish the Spee.

I think that was it?

Members
1,834 posts
17,604 battles
35 minutes ago, TornadoADV said:

I haven't noticed them being sold on the Shop yet and this all depends on there actually being a usable amount of time after the 5th phase of the York Campaign is unlocked.

Trust me (how's that for reassuring) the New Years campaign will have a much better percentage of new items...The collection is the easy part of these...but just the same the tasks are fairly easy (& most are doable in Co-Op so they go quick...1 hour will net you about 4-5 Co-Op matches if you just jump right back into them...ignore the end battle results & unless there is a new task to set just jump right into the next battle).

Don't worry about doing the DoY only missions in the 1st event until after you bust out the New Years Campaign...get those ships & containers then the extras from the 1st will be there when you gat all the free tech tree ships (if you need them...I would suggest trying to get them before so you can get the free port slots for them...use them trees ships for this campaign & in between times to build them up cause port slots seem to be the hardest to obtain items in this game. (edited to add...) w/out spending doubloons...wish you could trade commander slots for them...even a 20:1 swap would be great.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Members
1,834 posts
17,604 battles

Hi LWM...see you're browsing this article also...you don't know me but I admire your knowledge of this game...have gotten some really good pointers from you over the little time (in comparison to how long I've been playing this game) I've actually spent on the forums recently.

[PVE]
Members
5,588 posts
18,162 battles
40 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Not really.  I didn't have a problem completing the 2nd campaign after waiting to finish the Spee.

I think that was it?

Yeah if you stayed on top of the Graf Spee missions as they were released, you had no problem doing the Santa's Convoy missions. You just had to keep up with everything and not get behind. This DoY campaign should be about the same. I finished the Santa's Convoy campaign with a day or two to spare but there were those who did not finish. IMHO all it took was paying attention and sticking with it. Late starters and procrastinators had the most trouble completing everything in time.  

BTW am finished with the missions that have been released so far. Every container I got had duplicate collection items including the first one. As an experiment I traded in 4 dups to finish one leg and you do not get collection items in the final reward crate for that leg so don't count on them. They are just normal containers or the $1 presents, don't recall now.

Edited by Taylor3006

Sign in to follow this