You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

Goals for 2018

141 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
9,676 posts
7,466 battles

So, the thread at the bottom of this post was the goals for 2017 thread. I thought we should do one for 2018 as well.

Here is what I want to accomplish in 2018.

1. Improve some more. I think this shall always be my first goal.

2. New lines. I want to get all the ships I can, so I will be working on each new line to T5 and any lines I don't have to T5.

3. Get Bogue & Zuiho and take Saipan & Kaga into PvE. Get a T4 or T5 CV in to PvP.

4. Get Queen Elizabeth, Myoko, New Orleans, Baltimore, and La Galissonmiere.

5. Get Fubuki, Hatsuharu, Shinonome, Ernst Gaede, Shenyang, Jianwei, and Fushun.

So what are your goals for 2018?

I just completed my last goal tonight, getting Minsk. All the others I completed.

Ships to grind for (WOWs goal for 2017)
1. Improve. I can club bots up to T7, but still get clubbed pretty regularly in PvP.
2. NEW LINES! I love unlocking new ships up to T5, where the grind starts to get slow for me.
3. Take my 7pt captain for the Langley and the 3pt captain for the Hosho out of the training room. Bots are hard to manual drop on with DBs when they are moving. I haven't let them shoot yet. ;)
4. Get Fuso*, Bayern*, Leander*, Yorck*, Aoba*, Budyonny*, Pensacola*, Colorado* and maybe Gneisenau*.
5. Get Minekazi*, Mutsuki*, T-22*, Farragut* and maybe Minsk* to close the gap between Gnevny and Ognevoi.

Edited by Kizarvexis

[TDG]
Members
1,184 posts
5,986 battles

My goals for 2018:

• Complete the grind to Minotaur
  • Complete the grind to Gearing
  • Complete the grind to Montana
  • Unlock Tier 6 in all lines including any new lines that are released.
  • Improve my survival rate without reducing my impact on the battle

[PVE]
Members
5,615 posts
18,201 battles

I finished up all the stuff I wanted to get done and more for this year. Only things I want to get done next year are to grind my 16 point UK captain to 19 and maybe a French one.. Haven't decided that one yet. May try and finish the DoY campaign, not sure why as I don't want the ship really nor anything else offered as prizes.

I can put a tier 10 in my port right now with the free xp I have banked. Am kind of on the fence, want a tier 10 to farm the annual reward for owning one, have zero interest in playing it. For some odd reason I bought the tier 9 German BB, probably because it was on sale, but again not interested in playing it. Am kind of waiting to see what the free xp price of the IJN BB will end up being, it may be worth getting so probably will just sit on my banked xp.

The only focus I have game wise is farming oil for the clan. I play an hour or so to complete the Advent mission and to collect the two daily containers & oil. I kind of wanted to play Ranked but after a half dozen games figured it wasn't worth it. I may change my mind and shoot for rank 10 again but it seems pointless since I have huge reserves of signals, credits, and consumables already.

To be honest, just kind of bored with the game. Next year several games I really enjoy are putting out expansions or sequels so probably will play WoWS less and less. Not really sure what Wargaming could do to generate any further interest in the game.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,842 posts
10,605 battles

Great idea Kizarvexis

Wow, hadn't thought that far ahead. I started WOWS in Dec 2016 so I am one year in now. I wanted Hood and Bismarck when I 1st started. That was sort of my 1st "goal" or want in the game but I didn't know Hood wasn't in game then or might not have started playing. Really glad I did though (my wallet isn't so glad after these Santa crates though LOL). Have both of them now so CHECK! Once I started playing and got hooked I really wanted to get to a T10 in something. I have done that twice now (US and IJN BB) so CHECK! I also really wanted Missouri but figured I would never get there @ 750,000 Free XP but I actually just got it a couple days ago so CHECK! I also started WOWS in the BRN CL line and really wanted (STILL WANT!!!) Minotaur. That is the only "goal" I have not achieved to this point from when I 1st started. Doesn't leave me much now LOL but I will try...

Admiral Thunder's 2018 WOWS Goals:

1. Get my 1st 19pt Capt. (have a 17pt one on my Montana) 
  2. Finish the BRN CL line and GET THE MINOTAUR!!!!! (at Edinburgh)
  3. Finish the KM BB line and get to the T10 Großer Kurfürst (at Bismarck)
  4. Finish the BRN BB line and get to the T10 Conqueror (at KGV)
  5. Finish the US Cruiser CA line and get to the T10 Des Moines (at Baltimore)
  6. Finish the French Cruiser line and get to the T10 Henry IV (at Algerie) 
  7. Improve my play and continue to try and be a good teammate

Not sure I can do all of that as a Co-op main but would be awesome if I could. I know I can do at least some of it anyway. I would be more than satisfied if I can just do 1 and 2 and of course 7.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
formatting change

[TSV]
Members
17 posts
3,058 battles

My main goal since I started to be in a Yamato, but that won't be happening in 2018 I'm afraid though I just reached the Amagi, Bismarck, Mogami and soon the King George V :)

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,842 posts
10,605 battles
3 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I can put a tier 10 in my port right now with the free xp I have banked. Am kind of on the fence, want a tier 10 to farm the annual reward for owning one

Huh? What is this? Never heard about this? Please tell me more...:Smile_amazed:

[PVE]
Members
5,615 posts
18,201 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Huh? What is this? Never heard about this? Please tell me more...:Smile_amazed:

Wargaming gives out dragon flags for every 1000 games you have played and you get like 50 more for each tier 10 you have. I think they do it for their anniversary but my memory sucks.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,842 posts
10,605 battles

Ah ok. Well I have 2 T10's and played 5K+ games this year so gimme gimme gimme :Smile_glasses:

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PROJX]
Members
969 posts
15,728 battles

WOWS New Years Resolutions....

• Continue improving my skills in WOWS
  • Just dipped my toe into CV play up til now - intend to work my way up the IJN & USN CV trees in 2018
  • 2017 was the year of the T10 unlocks and "catching up" to all the ship offerings in game - 2018 is to enjoy all the unlocked ships and play a greater variation of ships for fun (instead of mainly grinding at the tip Tiers of the Tree).
  • Continue/Complete unlocking the new lines (Pan-Asian, USN Cruiser Split, French BBs and any new lines)
  • Play more games Div'ed up w/ my Clanmates and some of you I've met in-game or thru the forum
  • Add more articles to my "WOWS Enjoyment" series - including a new map tactics series of articles
  • Make it to Rank 1 (w/ decent win rate & in a reasonable number of games), possibly to qualify for the Flint
  • Pick up the 2018 FXP (silver earner) ship, the Musashi

Members
416 posts

Shooting for the moon on this one:

• Get 2 more 19 pt captains (I have one currently, but several at 16 pts)
  • Get the Des Moines (at the Baltimore now)
  • Get the Shimakaze (at the Yūgumo now)
  • Get the Gearing (almost at the Fletcher)
  • Get the Roon (at the Hipper now)
  • Get the Neptune (at the Edinburgh now)
  • Get the Z-46 (at the Z-23 now)
  • Get the Chapayev (at the Shchors now)
  • Get to Tier 8 US, IJN, and German battleships

[SUCIT]
Members
825 posts
3,617 battles
12 hours ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

My goals for 2018:

• Complete the grind to Minotaur
  • Complete the grind to Gearing
  • Complete the grind to Montana
  • Unlock Tier 6 in all lines including any new lines that are released.
  • Improve my survival rate without reducing my impact on the battle

Just got my Minotaur two nights ago.  I've never had so much fun in a ship.

[TDG]
Members
1,184 posts
5,986 battles
2 minutes ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

Just got my Minotaur two nights ago.  I've never had so much fun in a ship.

She became my #1 goal after playing her on the Test Server.  I also enjoyed Neptune there.

I just recently had my first round in Neptune on the NA Live Server.  Didn't go as well as I would have liked, but it was still enjoyable.

Gearing is on the list for the same reason.  I played it during a different Test sequence.

[TDD]
Members
905 posts
7,942 battles

finish the american cruiser and british BB and Cruiser lines

Finish IJN BB and DD lines

after that play it by ear

[SUCIT]
Members
825 posts
3,617 battles
24 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

She became my #1 goal after playing her on the Test Server.  I also enjoyed Neptune there.

I just recently had my first round in Neptune on the NA Live Server.  Didn't go as well as I would have liked, but it was still enjoyable.

Gearing is on the list for the same reason.  I played it during a different Test sequence.

I have the Gearing, but honestly, I think the Fletcher is the better ship tier for tier.  The Gearing is great, and I love playing mine, but there's just something about the Fletcher that makes it one of the best DDs in the game.  

The Neptune is basically just a toned down Minotaur, and I finished the grind in literally no time at all.  It is a fantastic ship, but its hard to do well in just like the rest of the RN cruisers.  

My Montana is my favorite ship in the game, bar none.  I love it.

[PVE]
Members
9,676 posts
7,466 battles
58 minutes ago, injunmick said:

Get MO before they take her away. 230K FXP to go.

At the 1:35 conversion sale right now, you are looking at 6,752 doubloons. Also the upgrade modules are 60% off right now too. I got all of mine for the Missouri for $2.75M total yesterday.

At the 1:25 normal conversion rate, you are looking at 9,200 doubloons, minus whatever you grind for the next month or so. Mid Jan to mid Feb is my WAG as to when Mo leaves leaves.

Edited by Kizarvexis

[TDG]
Members
1,184 posts
5,986 battles
10 minutes ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

I have the Gearing, but honestly, I think the Fletcher is the better ship tier for tier.  The Gearing is great, and I love playing mine, but there's just something about the Fletcher that makes it one of the best DDs in the game.  

The Neptune is basically just a toned down Minotaur, and I finished the grind in literally no time at all.  It is a fantastic ship, but its hard to do well in just like the rest of the RN cruisers.  

My Montana is my favorite ship in the game, bar none.  I love it.

Unlocked Fletcher as well.  Haven't bought or fitted her out yet, but soon.

[SVF]
Members
946 posts
1,286 battles

Hm.  My goals for 2018-

1. Get my USN BB captain (and maybe my British BB captain as well) to 19 points

2.  Grind to/Unlock Montana (would be my first T10)

3.  Become more skilled in the game mechanics, positioning being high among those.

4.  Advance more on the USN DD line.

5.  Get to at least T6 or T7 on the French BB line when it is released.

6.  Start on the German BB line.

Members
3,417 posts
8,276 battles

We'll see what they put out next year. Right now all I have planned is to get Yueyang and I've already unlocked Chung Mu.

[PVE]
Members
9,676 posts
7,466 battles
On 12/26/2017 at 11:01 PM, Kizarvexis said:

So, the thread at the bottom of this post was the goals for 2017 thread. I thought we should do one for 2018 as well.

2. New lines. I want to get all the ships I can, so I will be working on each new line to T5 and any lines I don't have to T5.

3. Get Bogue & Zuiho and take Saipan & Kaga into PvE. Get a T4 or T5 CV in to PvP.

5. Get Fubuki, Hatsuharu, Shinonome, Ernst Gaede, Shenyang, Jianwei, and Fushun.

Ships to grind for (WOWs goal for 2017)
1. Improve. I can club bots up to T7, but still get clubbed pretty regularly in PvP.
2. NEW LINES! I love unlocking new ships up to T5, where the grind starts to get slow for me.
3. Take my 7pt captain for the Langley and the 3pt captain for the Hosho out of the training room. Bots are hard to manual drop on with DBs when they are moving. I haven't let them shoot yet. ;)
4. Get Fuso*, Bayern*, Leander*, Yorck*, Aoba*, Budyonny*, Pensacola*, Colorado* and maybe Gneisenau*.
5. Get Minekazi*, Mutsuki*, T-22*, Farragut* and maybe Minsk* to close the gap between Gnevny and Ognevoi.

1. My Tirpitz has a 33% PvP WR, but with the other T8s I have used in PvP, Alabama, Atago, Takao, Prinz Eugen, New Orleans, & Kutuzov, I have brought up my T8 PvP WR to 54% in the last month or so. So I just need to keep on keeping on.

2. French BBs are coming soon and I like BB play, so looking forward to that.

3. Working on Bogue and Zuiho slowly in PvE. I don't want to inflict my poor CV play on unsuspecting teams. I did take out Saipan into PvE to warm up to taking Hosho into PvP for the Aftvent mission. I had 18 whole PvE CV battles under my belt when I hopped into PvP. We won, so I'm superunicum at CV play in PvP. :Smile_teethhappy:

4.  Get Queen Elizabeth (done), Myoko (14.6k to go), New Orleans (done), Baltimore (143.9k), and La Galissonmiere (done).

5. Get Fubuki (19.9k), Hatsuharu (28k), Shinonome (whole campaign to go), Ernst Gaede (done), Shenyang (done), Jianwei (14.4k), and Fushun (done).

The New Year Raid mission was great since I bought DoY to be able to complete it in time and it got me 4 of the ships I was grinding to, so I was able to skip half the grind. Since I am working on the DoY campaign to see if I can get the silver value of the DoY I bought, I have been playing the ships I'm grinding as warm-ups in PvE and then hopping into my T8's to work on the DoY XP mission and the Yamamoto campaign at the same time. I had so many ships I wanted to grind last year that the end of the year was mostly grinding to finish. I didn't want to many to grind this year, so I could do other things like play ships I like that I have ground through and grind up some captains. 

How are your goals for 2018 going?

[PVE]
Members
5,615 posts
18,201 battles
55 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

How are your goals for 2018 going?

Personally just trying to stay motivated to play. The DoY campaign is really making me hate the game. I think once I get the ship, I am taking a very long break. 

[PVE]
Members
9,676 posts
7,466 battles
5 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Personally just trying to stay motivated to play. The DoY campaign is really making me hate the game. I think once I get the ship, I am taking a very long break. 

Well, hopefully it won't be too long of a break.

I've been concentrating more on what I need to do and PvP has been tolerable. The final missions of earn Y XP are dovetailing nicely with the XP and silver missions on the Yamamoto campaign.

[PVE]
Members
9,676 posts
7,466 battles
On 12/26/2017 at 11:01 PM, Kizarvexis said:

* means I completed it.

1. My WR has went up recently, but damage and surviving has not, so I'm impacting games, but I could do more.

2. French BBs come out next patch, 7.2, so I can't wait.

3. Get Bogue* & Zuiho* and take Saipan* & Kaga* into PvE. Get a T4 or T5 CV in to PvP. (I took Hosho and Langley into PvP. I decided against taking a T5 out as they can see T6 who strafe in a 2 CVs each side battle.)

4. Get Queen Elizabeth*, Myoko*, New Orleans*, Baltimore*, and La Galissonmiere*.

5. Get Fubuki*, Hatsuharu*, Shinonome, Ernst Gaede*, Shenyang*, Jianwei*, and Fushun*.

The New Year Raid really helped with QE, La Gal, Gaede and Fushun. I will add getting the Yamamoto campaign completed and getting my first 19pt captain as well for this year.

So what are your goals for 2018 and how are you doing?