Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VGLance

When your camera man falls overboard...

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,672
[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,733 battles

Ever had that situation where your camera gets frozen and you watch as your ship sails off into the sunset?  Appear the only fix is to ctrl-alt-del and end the process and load back in.  Unless anyone know a fix?

It's pretty hilarious when it happens though.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,420 posts
8,276 battles
26 minutes ago, VGLance said:

Ever had that situation where your camera gets frozen and you watch as your ship sails off into the sunset?  Appear the only fix is to ctrl-alt-del and end the process and load back in.  Unless anyone know a fix?

It's pretty hilarious when it happens though.

Out of body/ship experience

Yes!  Numerous times since the prior patch.  It last happened to me on Friday in a ranked match.  

 

I put in a ticket a few weeks ago. They had me first do all the the typical tech support crap (rub your belly three times while rebooting computer, sage and reboot modem/router, blame something else, etc.) which of course made no difference. 

Then they had me put in these Command Prompts: 

ipconfig /flushdns

arp -d *

netsh int ip reset c:\log.txt

netsh winsock reset

shutdown -r -t 0


The result either skull fcuked my OS (Win 7 Pro) or the Asus drivers related to the Mobo  (e.g. networking - among other basic functions).  Thanks a lot WG support! Yeah I'm still salty about that one.

Subsequently, I reinstalled the OS, all updates, drivers and apps - including WoWS client fresh - naturally none of these things fixed the bug.  

Also, when it happens no problems or anomalies report regrading ping, FPS or lag spikes.

My GPU is an EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC.  

 


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
673
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,887 posts
1,338 battles

If

8 minutes ago, lemekillmister said:

Out of body/ship experience

Yes!  Numerous times since the prior patch.  It last happened to me on Friday in a ranked match.  

 

I put in a ticket a few weeks ago. They had me first do all the the typical tech support crap (rub your belly three times while rebooting computer, sage and reboot modem/router, blame something else, etc.) which of course made no difference. 

Then they had me put in these Command Prompts: 

ipconfig /flushdns

arp -d *

netsh int ip reset c:\log.txt

netsh winsock reset

shutdown -r -t 0


The result either skull fcuked my OS (Win 7 Pro) or the Asus drivers related to the Mobo  (e.g. networking - among other basic functions).  Thanks a lot WG support! Yeah I'm still salty about that one.

If the 5 command prompt lines above messed up your drivers or your OS, there was something messed up already.  None of those, or all of those together should break anything except possibly a static IP, which is not hard to fix.  Most people on home systems/networks don't have any set.  

1) just flushes DNS cache, forcing it to get fresh results on the next query

2) flushes arp cache, so it will get new on the next contact with another node (probably your gateway)

3) netsh int ip reset This just resets the TCP/IP stack.  If you had a static IP, it might have reset that, but other than that, it wouldn't 'mess up' the OS

4) another part of stack reset.  Shouldn't break anything.  Again, unless you have static IPs set, you'll never notice. 

5) That's a windows restart.  Nothing unusual.

As far as the bug in the OP's post, that's actually pretty funny.  I'm sure they'll fix it as soon as they figure out what's causing it.  

Edited by mavfin87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,151
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,133 posts
7,662 battles

When that happens, hit CTRL SHIFT BACKSPACE.  It will re-attach the camera to your ship.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,420 posts
8,276 battles
17 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

If

If the 5 command prompt lines above messed up your drivers or your OS, there was something messed up already.  None of those, or all of those together should break anything except possibly a static IP, which is not hard to fix.  Most people on home systems/networks don't have any set.  

1) just flushes DNS cache, forcing it to get fresh results on the next query

2) flushes arp cache, so it will get new on the next contact with another node (probably your gateway)

3) netsh int ip reset This just resets the TCP/IP stack.  If you had a static IP, it might have reset that, but other than that, it wouldn't 'mess up' the OS

4) another part of stack reset.  Shouldn't break anything.  Again, unless you have static IPs set, you'll never notice. 

5) That's a windows restart.  Nothing unusual.

As far as the bug in the OP's post, that's actually pretty funny.  I'm sure they'll fix it as soon as they figure out what's causing it.  

 

I've built all of my machines myself but network related issues and setups, beyond the most basic level, fall in an area I don't get into.  I'd rather pay a guy I have for that stuff. 

 

Edited by lemekillmister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,420 posts
8,276 battles
14 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

When that happens, hit CTRL SHIFT BACKSPACE.  It will re-attach the camera to your ship.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,420 posts
8,276 battles
On 12/26/2017 at 6:26 PM, LittleWhiteMouse said:

When that happens, hit CTRL SHIFT BACKSPACE.  It will re-attach the camera to your ship.

Unfortunately, that does not fix the problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
453
[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,170 posts
5,028 battles

Had this happen a long time ago.  I had to do a clean reinstall of the game to get rid of it.  And no, it is not free camera mode.  The screen freezes and the interface messes up.  Your ship just sails off without the screen, and you still control it!  Just have no real way of doing anything directly...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,254 posts
8,139 battles

I've had some similar events,  for some reason, hitting escape to bring up the help/exit menu, and then returning to the game has solved my issues.   The one I get most is losing the graphics for the actual shells.... which makes leading a royal pain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,420 posts
8,276 battles
35 minutes ago, FCA_Wichita said:

Had this happen a long time ago.  I had to do a clean reinstall of the game to get rid of it.  And no, it is not free camera mode.  The screen freezes and the interface messes up.  Your ship just sails off without the screen, and you still control it!  Just have no real way of doing anything directly...

Already done -

Clean reinstall of OS (Win 7 64 bit Pro), updates, drivers and applications, WoWS included - Check 

0.6.15.1.308630 successful - Check  

WoWS Check and Repair run numerous times (nothing wrong reported or repaired) - Check

Computer rebooted and networking cycled numerous times - Check.

No indicated problem pertaining to ping, FPS or lag - Check 

Number support tickets submitted as of now: 2 - Check

Number of support tickets already closed by WG support: 1 -  Check

WoWS Check tool has been run (all boxes selected/checked) and report to support 2 times - Check

Other specific noticed bugs or issues experienced with the game currently: 0 - Check

 

 

System:

Windows 7 Pro

Intel i7-4930K 3.40 GHz

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC

Ram 32 GB

All drivers are SSDs

Internet connection is direct cable to modem with one clean new cable line to the drop on the pole on the street - no splices!

 

 

 

 

Edited by lemekillmister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,420 posts
8,276 battles

Funny part of the story today - I was just in a battle with my KGV.  I was sailing back across our spawn to defend our CV and local cap from a sneaky Kamikaze R that had just sunk our hapless Colorado.  I had landed a couple of HE shells on him, taking chunks of his health - Then suddenly my camera locked!  Moments later, as my ship sailed off into the horizon, my secondaries automatically popped the weasel, we won and I got 10  Mike Yankee Soxisix/secondary flags!

Edited by lemekillmister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
594 posts
4,444 battles
6 minutes ago, lemekillmister said:

Funny part of the story today - I was just in a battle with my KGV.  I was sailing back across our spawn to defend our CV and local cap from a Kamikaze R that had just sunk our hapless Colorado.  I had landed a couple of HE shells on him, taking chunks of his health - Then suddenly my camera locked!  Moments later, as my ship sailed off into the horizon, my secondaries automatically popped the weasel, we won and I got 10  Mike Yankee Soxisix/secondary flags!

Change your signature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,420 posts
8,276 battles
5 minutes ago, BrandonKF said:

Change your signature.

I'd do it now if it would fix this damned camera bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
164
[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
535 posts
8,591 battles

Not that it helps any, but this bug has been around at least since closed beta. That was the one and only time I have had it happen to me was during the last few days of the closed beta.

 

Only good thing about it when it happened to me way back then was I managed to explain what was happening and one of my teammates understood what was happening (he was dead), and he ghosted my ship and gave directions on which way to turn, etc. Even managed a couple of torpedo hits while doing it  (was in the Minekaze I believe).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[HKA]
Members
28 posts
6,295 battles

Have had this happen a few times, though only in the Guilio Cesare.  No other ships were affected.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,420 posts
8,276 battles
33 minutes ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Not that it helps any, but this bug has been around at least since closed beta. That was the one and only time I have had it happen to me was during the last few days of the closed beta.

 

Only good thing about it when it happened to me way back then was I managed to explain what was happening and one of my teammates understood what was happening (he was dead), and he ghosted my ship and gave directions on which way to turn, etc. Even managed a couple of torpedo hits while doing it  (was in the Minekaze I believe).

 

I've done about 5,500 battles in approximately 18 months time. Up until the the beginning of this month I've never had this problem.  Now it happens around twice per week or about 1 in 20 to 20 battles.  What ship type or tier it is or the which ship it is specifically doesn't matter.  

If it were something that happened every 100+ battles or once per month I wouldn't care so much but this is happening far too frequently and I've done an awful lot to weed the problem out with no success. 

Edited by lemekillmister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,420 posts
8,276 battles

And it just happened again.  The ship did not return to port after the battle was over and I had to use task manger to shut down the game by force to restart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
436
[CAST]
Members
1,428 posts
5,978 battles

I'd suggest playing more American ships: no liquor on board for the cameraman to get into. :cap_fainting:

Seriously though, this hasn't happened to me.  Best of luck with finding a fix/getting WG to fix it (I'd bank on the first option, personally).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BS]
Beta Testers
208 posts
9,331 battles
On 12/26/2017 at 9:26 PM, LittleWhiteMouse said:

When that happens, hit CTRL SHIFT BACKSPACE.  It will re-attach the camera to your ship.

unfortunately this started happening to me only this morning, but already twice within 8 battles or so and this does not fix the issue, only a restart of client does, but still im worried this will occur regularly now. So annoying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9 posts
3,105 battles

Joining this topic because this is happening to me as well.

I've had it happen with a variety of different ships.

I've also been in contact with tech support and they had me uninstall/ccleaner/reinstall.  Also had me check a bunch of network port settings.

Still having the problem as of yesterday.  Camera freezes.  Ship sails off into the distance.  Left-click still fires guns.  Keyboard controls still function.

We really need a fix for this!

Alan
Foo_Fighter_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
221
[P2W]
Members
720 posts
53 minutes ago, Foo_Fighter_ said:

Joining this topic because this is happening to me as well.

I've had it happen with a variety of different ships.

I've also been in contact with tech support and they had me uninstall/ccleaner/reinstall.  Also had me check a bunch of network port settings.

Still having the problem as of yesterday.  Camera freezes.  Ship sails off into the distance.  Left-click still fires guns.  Keyboard controls still function.

We really need a fix for this!

Alan
Foo_Fighter_

OMG they are still telling people to use CCleaner?

You can screw up a machine real fast with that plus their update system was hacked a while back.

Yea I know it was fixed but that software is bad enough within itself without malware being spread through its update system, I have had to re-image too many desktop and laptops from people that have installed it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,420 posts
8,276 battles

I'm becoming increasingly convinced evidence by personal experience playing the game, dealing with WG support and from instances witnessed on various notable Twitch steams that there are a few stubborn or persistent bugs in this game, including the torpedo bug which they claimed to have patched/fixed last month (they haven't), that WG doesn't actually have a handle on.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,468
[-K-]
Members
5,307 posts
9,131 battles
On 12/26/2017 at 8:25 PM, VGLance said:

Ever had that situation where your camera gets frozen and you watch as your ship sails off into the sunset?  Appear the only fix is to ctrl-alt-del and end the process and load back in.  Unless anyone know a fix?

It's pretty hilarious when it happens though.

Has been happening to me for a few patches now.  I've noticed over time (happened at least 10-15 times to me now) that it only happens when I launch a fighter or scout plane.

I've submitted a ticket to support......I just have to get them a replay file as evidence before they can look into it more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×