Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ClarkWilhelmGriswold

Alabama firing view problem

4 comments in this topic

Members
21 posts
193 battles

5a42e1af90c8e_WorldofWarships_2017-12-26_18-45-49.thumb.png.b639f6c4c791c50ef5e2d215911efdcb.png

Hello everyone,

I just bought the Alabama for Dubloons, and this is the view I get when I try to fire the guns.
I've tried scrolling out to try and see the ship I want to fire at, but all I get is the  ^ and I didn't hit one target I was aiming at.  

Is there more of a top down view available, or do I have the wrong ship?  Best the one teammate who I was playing with said was "You can't be that new to the Alabama, figure it out"  After entering the game saying it was my first game.

Thanks for any help or advice.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,262 posts
3,351 battles

Zoom further in. that'll raise the camera a bit. There's no "birds eye view", but if you have a ship with a spotter plane that will raise your camera a lot.

Members
21 posts
193 battles
5 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

Zoom further in. that'll raise the camera a bit. There's no "birds eye view", but if you have a ship with a spotter plane that will raise your camera a lot.

Thank you.  Is it just for that ship?

This is what I just had with a different ship.  And no spotter plane, that I had up or that I can remember from others.

other view of WoW.png

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,236 posts
4,803 battles

I would suggest you also try the dynamic gunsight and the following mods from Aslains modpack

Ziess 15 or 20x zoom

improved rangefinder mod in yellow or green ( makes those numbers under the sight bigger and easier to fast glance)

As to Alabama she's a great ship but she requires a firm grasp of game mechanics and a playstyle that only comes from experience to do well in. She gets matched with tier9-10 ships on many occasions and you'll be frustrated and die quickly a lot. Plus you'll need a 10-14pt captain to make her playable. Not criticizing you I bought Atago and really did poorly until I'd ground into Myoko and learned to play IJN cruisers and my (Still learning) skillset caught up her. All the best!

Sign in to follow this