You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bacondragon

Doubloons-Spend now or wait

8 comments in this topic

Members
26 posts
3,463 battles

Been debating on spending my doubloons to buy Giulio Cesare (2600), Kaga (6790), Saipan (6650), or saving them for a future release ship such as Roma or something else.

I mainly enjoy battleships and carriers, cruisers are okay, destroyers isn't my flavor, hence why these ships are the only ones I listed. I have Tirpitz, Hood, Warspite, and the Oktyabrskaya. I'm looking for a ship that has a good fun factor, and is unique. I don't really need a credit farming ship.

Out of the three, which ones would you suggest. I currently have 3,000 in doubloons, so on a no additional cost Cesare would be best, but it would also cover a little less than 50% of the cost of Kaga/Saipan (Plus I'll probably wait and see if I get any doubloons from the two super containers from Advent event if I decide to go with a premium CV). Scharnhorst was interesting as I really do enjoy Gneisenau, but its not very unique/new compared to the Gneisenau. I have reviewed LWM reviews on the ships, but couldn't make a decision alone from them.

On the other hand I could just save up the doubloons another year, and come back to this when a tier 8 such as Roma or something else is on sale ingame shop in another 6 months --or year when they're on sale again, and I have gained more doubloons than the 3,000.

[WOLFA]
Members
549 posts
3,198 battles

I actually bought the Giulio with the gold I got from the santa crates and it was worth it. I also got a Graph Spee only because it was on sale.

IMHO I wouldn't pass up the discounts if you have the gold sitting especially if you can get 2 or 3 ships now instead of one at regular price.

Edited by CorradoG60

[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,189 battles

With the tech tree ships on sale, saying not to buy now is probably a bad move. They won't be any cheaper. Waiting around for a ship that isn't in the game is problematic. If there is something you want at a discount, go for it. If you like Tirpitz and Gneisenau, the Scharnhorst is as good/fun as they are. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[PVE]
Members
9,582 posts
7,466 battles
58 minutes ago, bacondragon said:

Been debating on spending my doubloons to buy Giulio Cesare (2600), Kaga (6790), Saipan (6650), or saving them for a future release ship such as Roma or something else.

I mainly enjoy battleships and carriers, cruisers are okay, destroyers isn't my flavor, hence why these ships are the only ones I listed. I have Tirpitz, Hood, Warspite, and the Oktyabrskaya. I'm looking for a ship that has a good fun factor, and is unique. I don't really need a credit farming ship.

Out of the three, which ones would you suggest. I currently have 3,000 in doubloons, so on a no additional cost Cesare would be best, but it would also cover a little less than 50% of the cost of Kaga/Saipan (Plus I'll probably wait and see if I get any doubloons from the two super containers from Advent event if I decide to go with a premium CV). Scharnhorst was interesting as I really do enjoy Gneisenau, but its not very unique/new compared to the Gneisenau. I have reviewed LWM reviews on the ships, but couldn't make a decision alone from them.

On the other hand I could just save up the doubloons another year, and come back to this when a tier 8 such as Roma or something else is on sale ingame shop in another 6 months --or year when they're on sale again, and I have gained more doubloons than the 3,000.

How much FXP do you have? There is a 1:35 old XP to Free XP conversion sale going on right now. Also the upgrade modules are 60% off, so the Missouri modules cost 2.75M which is really cheap for a T9. Port slots are also 75 doubloons each, so that is another great sale right now. 

Members
26 posts
3,463 battles
35 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

How much FXP do you have? There is a 1:35 old XP to Free XP conversion sale going on right now. Also the upgrade modules are 60% off, so the Missouri modules cost 2.75M which is really cheap for a T9. Port slots are also 75 doubloons each, so that is another great sale right now. 

278k free xp, saving for Nelson. So I could free XP and purchase the Nelson, but that isn't on sale so I'll probably grind the 200 New Years +200% free xp camos from last year combined with free xp flags and grind towards Nelson. Not worried about Missouri, as its similar to Iowa just a credit farmer-but credits are not really an issue atm. Also have 17 port slots, so looking to buy a premium ship that's unique and fun to play.

Right now I'm leaning towards Cesare, but I will probably wait and see what I get from those 2 Super containers. If I end up with another 2k doubloons (doubtful), I might end up getting Saipan or Kaga. If I don't get any more doubloons from free stuff like containers/ranked, I'll probably pick Cesare since I won't have to spend a dime since sale last for another 2 weeks.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
1 hour ago, bacondragon said:

I have all of the premium CVs except Zeppelin but I don't enjoy CV play at all. I haven't played my Enterprise ever (got it in US bundle). The only exception is Saipan. I run AS and it wrecks other CVs. It's a vendetta pick. I really hated Gneisenau (I sold it and FDG as soon as I out leveled them) and I like my Tirpitz/GK .. I really loved Scharnhorst when I was first playing but power creep is real it's not as fun as it was (but then I main DDs now too so *shrug*). Anyway, Saipan has T9 planes, it's the only CV in the game which can break its planes out of a dog fight lock with an alt strafe and not lose a plane giving it a get out of jail free card essentially. If you want to know about CVs and their strengths/weaknesses from an expert (which I definitely am not) I recommend Farazelleth's youtube videos. He's a top tier player in Flamu's clan on EU.

Alpha Tester
2,208 posts
7,240 battles

The GC is a steal at (50%) off it’s normal cost and quite a few think it will eventually get the Kutuzov/Belfast treatment and get permenantly pulled in the future so I would absolutely advise getting her on the cheap. I can’t speak on the CVs as I am not a fan of CVs.