Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bubbleboy264

Not even fully upgraded yet, and already I’m loving the Kiev

8 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
403 posts
5,411 battles

I’ve only played 6 games in this ship and have only gotten the hull upgrade, but my stats are absurd. 109k avg damage, 2.5k avg xp, 2.17 avg kills per round, already gotten a Kraken, arsonist, 2 witherers, multiple confederates, and in best game did 148k dmg, along with the kraken in a different game. With DE and flags the fire chance is a pretty crazy 11 percent, and even with stock range it’s great at 13.4 with AFT, and you can go 48 knots, and you have 19k hp with SE, and the rail guns are incredible, and you have 6 guns in fast turrets, and you have a hilarious secondary gun, and you are so hard to hit, and it’s just so much FUN, and...etc. I already feel kind of dirty playing this thing, but it’s just so much fun. I don’t get why I don’t see it very often it’s one of the most powerful ships tier for tier in the game. You’d think I wouldn’t like it, as I mainly play US DDs (adore my fletcher) and more hybrid focused ships, and I hated the Minsk and skipped it, but this ship just clicks with me already. I really don’t get why it’s not popular, maybe I’m late to the Russian DD hype or something. I know this is a pretty humblebrag post but whatever, I really enjoy this ship

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,442 battles

oh, if only you were around BEFORE the change... it WAS the best DD  in the game (Which is now the Khab's claim)
But prior to the line change the Kiev was hands down the best most fun DD to play... and was a very big DD for ranked back in the day,..,
IT is still good and fully UG'd it packs quite a punch... but it is a bit lack luster now....the minsk, when played right can do a lot of things similar to what the Kiev did at that tier...
But all in all I am glad you like it... I miss the OLD kiev though....
My new fav is the Aki... and in ranked this ship is a beast.... and can deal with Kievs a lot better  and with IFHE     just insane....

• Cool 2

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
26 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

oh, if only you were around BEFORE the change... it WAS the best DD  in the game (Which is now the Khab's claim)
But prior to the line change the Kiev was hands down the best most fun DD to play... and was a very big DD for ranked back in the day,..,
IT is still good and fully UG'd it packs quite a punch... but it is a bit lack luster now....the minsk, when played right can do a lot of things similar to what the Kiev did at that tier...
But all in all I am glad you like it... I miss the OLD kiev though...
My new fav is the Aki... and in ranked this ship is a beast.... and can deal with Kievs a lot better  and with IFHE     just insane....

:Smile_great:

Edited by Wulfgarn

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,442 battles

ok  well thanks to the OP I went back and tweaked my Minsk CAP and took out the kiev,,,, YEAH.... it is still a Good ship///

H7jahhM.jpg

[PSP]
Members
6,256 posts
8,898 battles

It's nice when you find a ship that you grok, as Heinlein would say. For me, it's the Cleveland. I simply love that ship.  

[WOLF7]
Members
126 posts
3,240 battles

Só far, my best match on ranked was with Kiev, i had no faith on It. Took it only by curiosity, thinking everybody on my team would curse me for it. But It was the other way, I capped, advantage to that other cap, killed the enemy dd and dominated the game, harassing the enemy BB, and cruisers. I love to play the Kiev too.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

...and yet people frown heavily when you bring it to ranked. Bad press from the various youtube pundits about Kiev in ranked.  yeah -- your'e at a concealment disadvantage relative to Bensons, Lo Yangs and Kidds -- yeah ROF disadvantage.  But its so frickin fast and inspite of the concealment disadvantage I'm still typically capping (and surviving) one or two bases per match.  I also think kiev's much higher gun velocity and flatter shell trajectory often out-weigh the ROF disadvantage.

While I like my Kiev in ranked, the one that has been weirding me out is the all to often appearance of Ognevoi in ranked.  Ognevoi just seems way outclassed relative to what a Benson, Lo Yang or Kidd brings to the table.  

[CAST]
Members
1,428 posts
5,957 battles
3 hours ago, Dr_Dirt said:

...and yet people frown heavily when you bring it to ranked. Bad press from the various youtube pundits about Kiev in ranked.  yeah -- your'e at a concealment disadvantage relative to Bensons, Lo Yangs and Kidds -- yeah ROF disadvantage.  But its so frickin fast and inspite of the concealment disadvantage I'm still typically capping (and surviving) one or two bases per match.  I also think kiev's much higher gun velocity and flatter shell trajectory often out-weigh the ROF disadvantage.

While I like my Kiev in ranked, the one that has been weirding me out is the all to often appearance of Ognevoi in ranked.  Ognevoi just seems way outclassed relative to what a Benson, Lo Yang or Kidd brings to the table.  

In 10 Ranked battles I'm 60% WR, 37k damage, 1.5 KDR, and 40% survival rate.  9 of those games were with Kiev (the 10th was a Lo Yang game where I got nuked by a couple radar cruisers in the early game).

I just know that I play Kiev much better than I do LY or Ognevoi (my only other T8s in the port), so that's what I've done.  If you know the strengths & mitigate the weaknesses it's still a plenty good Ranked ship.  And to the OP, yeah--Kiev was much better when it was a T7, but it's still plenty good as a T8. 

Sign in to follow this