You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

So... Why do YOU Play Ranked Mode?

50 comments in this topic

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles

Judging by post season rank display in Random battle, the majority of the player base don't know ranked mode exists. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
1,683 posts
7,756 battles

I like the smaller teams and more focused objectives better. It’s also the closest thing WoWs has to skill-based matchmaking. 

I'd actually prefer if the normal random mode hade the team sizes from ranked, and if there were fewer objectives. 

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,841 posts
13,799 battles

I play for the Flint, which I now have and the Black which I hope to get. 

But Rank is a toxic sea of potatoes who couldn't find a window to lick. 

Rank isn't who is the best player, Rank is who can protect their star and keep pressing that battle button. 

WG made Rank, they clearly won't change it and I blame them for the stress it causes. 

If there were no prize ships offered I suspect Rank would be so dead Team Battles would show more signs of life. 

Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles

Originally I played it because I wanted the Flint, but I have recently decided that the upper brackets are simply not worth the antagonizing grind so I only ever completed the ascension to rank 1 once.  There's always at least one guy on your team who clearly should have taken a break a while ago and is chasing lost stars and I'm sick of dealing with angry strangers when I'm just trying to play a game. 

I just played up to rank 5 in each of the last three seasons and will probably do the same this time because I don't find that too excruciating and it nets me a lot of useful signal flags and some other prizes.  Grinding those last 20 stars for Rank 1 just seems like a waste of my free time when I could be doing something fun.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,345 posts
9,543 battles

My goal, as usual, was rank 15 for the flag, and then stop before I lose too much sanity. The holiday teams were sometimes that "special", both ours and theirs.

My weapon of choice this time around was the HSF Harekaze, with 100mm guns and my Shimakaze's captain. Guess I should get the schoolgirl back on her ship, and the Shimakaze's captain his legroom back.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
8 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

I fight for Aiur  . . . err I mean the flag.

Was that a Starcraft reference? Specifically a paladin?

Edited by ENO75

[5IN]
Members
1,791 posts
8,133 battles

I ask myself the same question every time I hit battle.  I want the Jolly Roger but am under 40 games in and am losing my sanity.  Ugh

B

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Members
3,351 posts
12,122 battles

I play for the flags in the early tiers down to 10 (and sometimes a bit further). Games are supposed to be fun. At some point I will pull chocks because it won't be fun anymore.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,176 posts
11,693 battles

Usually I do at least enough to earn the participation flag.  This season, probably not.  While I like some elements of Ranked, there are some changes that need to be made, and none of them are going to get made when there is strong participation.

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

Play to rank 15 just to get the flag, then back to Randoms...  Just too many people playing that obviously got to their ranks simply by trial and error instead of any real skill. Play enough games and sooner or later you get the requisite number of wins in a row to advance. I've seen too many players with single digit ranks that are some of the worst players i've ever seen... So for me, it's play 15-20 games to reach rank 15 then done.

Edited by FleetAdmiral_Assassin

[INTEL]
Members
795 posts
8,264 battles

I play because I've run out of windows to lick. Also because I enjoy having my play "critiqued" by the tactical genius Tirpitz Capt who yolo'd into a cap unsupported and ate a full spread of Benson torps... just over 3 minutes into a match.

Edited by Ares1967

[WOLFB]
Members
1,723 posts
8,242 battles

I was hopping to reach rank one at least once in this game but my main reason would be free doubloons.

But sometime I find these doubloons not worth all the frustration and salt you find in ranked, especially this season

Members
688 posts
4,374 battles

For the rewards. But I have zero desire to try and rank out. I got to Rank 10 last season before calling it quits. Doubt I'll even make it that far this time around. Ranked is a very aggravating, grindy, and repetitive game mode. 

Edited by Rocketpacman